Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. Radman
    Started by Radman +,

    As some of you know I've been keeping my ear to the ground regarding discussions about BTP within parliament and other official bodies. The good news is that the Parliamentary Transport Committee just released it's fifth report into railway security, which is very complimentary of BTP and our work, every BTP cop should be proud of what we do and how well we perform, our work hasn't gone unnoticed. However something of great interest to me (and most other BTP cops I imagine) was this contained within the report: Link This is important as it's perhaps the most concrete piece information I've read outside of debates as to a potential expansion of remit, hopefully the D…

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 2.1k views
  2. Hughes1546081300
    Started by Hughes1546081300,

    Hey Guy, I just wanted to know who desinged the BTP High viz vest and what the made them aswell ? Many thanks

      • Like
    • 86 replies
    • 9.6k views
  3. BTP12
    Started by BTP12,

    Just to dispel the myth that BTP get no action and spend their time standing on gatelines: I trained with a guy who used to be a met special. In three yeaes he made three arrests. So far I have had 4 shifts. I have had two arrests and probably could of got another two tonight alone. I have also had a roll around, drawn my captor and done 5 or 6 searches plus loads of other stuff. Admittedly I am at a major hub, but BTP is brilliant if you are keen and want to be proactive.

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 1.7k views
  4. CD15
    Started by CD15,

    There don't seem to be any on the SC Jan 2015 intake application form? I was looking at the PC recruitment form and there are four competency based sections, I'm a little confused.

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 903 views
  5. MRF@1972
    Started by MRF@1972,

    Hi all, ive just discovered BTP are are recruiting officers. I also know that the MDP are recruiting too. Which one should I apply for? I know they both do different roles. What are the pros vs cons of each? Im sorry if this is a double post. Thanks for any help given. Jonny :-)

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 1.5k views
  6. Lego1546082303
    Started by Lego1546082303,

    Hello all, I'm in the process of filling out an application form with BTP but I'm having a little trouble understanding the application form :new_sorry: Here's my issue: The first section states '50 words maximum' and the text box only allows you to type out 50 words. The second section states '50 words max'. However, the text box allows for 250 words. Is the second section a typo? I'm having a little trouble explaining how I've developed my core values in only 50 words.

    • 4 replies
    • 1.6k views
  7. maverick1678
    Started by maverick1678,

    Hi,new user here just had a few questions ? Has anybody on here applied as a pcso for the Birmingham area? If so has anybody received any communication as to when they might be starting ? I've got a conditional offer but no start date as of yet ! I passed the AC back in feb ,be good to hear from anyone in the same boat. cheers mav

    • 4 replies
    • 638 views
  8. SergeantAngel
    Started by SergeantAngel,

    I'm struggling with practicing the Verbal Logical Reasoning Tests online. This is for a Communications Officer role. There's ones about shapes, ons with paragraphs about information. I'm not sure which one is best to practice. I find them confusing and I'm struggling to make sense of them. Any advice/tips from those that have practiced and passed a similar test?

    • 4 replies
    • 345 views
  9. SergeantAngel
    Started by SergeantAngel,

    Could anyone inform me of what the BTP Communication Officer assessment centre involves?

    • 7 replies
    • 558 views
  10. nufcking
    Started by nufcking,

    Hi, Just wondering if anyone can help me clear this up. I have my final interview for Reg PC coming up soon and I know you can not give me the questions and that isn't what I want, however one thing I'd like to clear up is.... On the email it states " you will sit a final interview and scenario based interview". Does this mean it will be like the assessment centre where its "name me a time you have done this...." or will it be where they give you an example e.g you are doing this and this happens what would you do?... Any advice appreciated.

    • 1 reply
    • 435 views
  11. BTP12
    Started by BTP12,

    I've been posted to Kings Cross once I finish training in June, I was just wondering whether anyone on here has any experience of what to expect, how well specials are integrated, what I might be up to and what the most common incidents are? Very excited to get started!

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 1.5k views
  12. Truncheon

    To apply and download further information, please see the BTP website. Good luck!

      • Like
    • 392 replies
    • 14.7k views
  13. Frank Castle
    Started by Frank Castle,

    I'm considering taking a distance learning CKP course. Can anyone who has done so clarify what the one day assessment centre actually consists of? I'd be interested in peoples experiences of taking both classroom/distance learning CKP courses.

    • 3 replies
    • 735 views
  14. richard_jn
    Started by richard_jn,

    Anyone passed vetting and medical and is waiting for the august start date? (Or anyone who has already got the august date?)

      • Like
    • 51 replies
    • 3.1k views
  15. Nim
    Started by Nim,

    Anyone joining me on the May intake?

      • Like
    • 94 replies
    • 5k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.