Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. heywhatsup
    Started by heywhatsup,

    As title says , curiosity has kicked jn

      • Like
    • 65 replies
    • 6.3k views
  2. Rogue One
    Started by Rogue One,

    A new round of PCSO recruitment has just opened up. BTPs mission is to work in partnership with others to help build a safe railway environment that is free from disruption and the fear of crime. PCSOs are vital in achieving our mission by acting as connector within our community and maintaining public confidence. No two days will be the same as you help protect and reassure the passengers, railway staff and retailers within the BTP Community. As a national police force, we expect our people to be the best, without exception. Youll be willing to work hard to learn the skills you need to serve your community and reassure the public. You will have all the responsibilitie…

      • Like
    • 72 replies
    • 6k views
  3. HeroicDonkey
    Started by HeroicDonkey,

    Hi all. Just a quick question if I may. Is there any form of gym at CLPS? Kind regards HD

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 708 views
  4. Gemkins
    Started by Gemkins,

    Hi, I'm a WYP SC and am due to work a shift with BTP at Leeds this weekend. Could someone let me know if there is any parking at the station?

    • 1 reply
    • 428 views
  5. btpneenar
    Started by btpneenar,

    I'm waiting for vetting following a conditional offer. Ive had my medical etc and sent forms off. I am a little concerned about my previous finances. I have no ccjs etc or even any current credit. I have had defauls in the past and have recently cleared my final credit card balance. As defaults go on a case by case basis, does anyone know the criteria etc. I have worked so hard to get here both I terms of job prep and clearing debt left by my ex. I'd be gutted to fail vetting over previous missed payments.

    • 2 replies
    • 714 views
  6. Gemkins
    Started by Gemkins,

    Hi, I was just wondering how many of us that applies have had successful but on hold until May email?

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 2k views
  7. Amy1710
    Started by Amy1710,

    Hi All, I'm sure this has been asked many times before. I am currently a SC for HO but I have my medical for BTP next week in Leicester and was after some clarification on a certain aspect of the medical, are you required to do the lung capacity test? Some posts I have read say yes, others don't mention it at all, just blood tests, sight/hearing urine test etc. I JUST passed this when becoming a special so I am a little concerned about it, I play lots of sport and am no less fit then what I was 2 years ago but I don't want to come this far and fail now! Thanks, Amy

    • 4 replies
    • 670 views
  8. dungeon monkey
    Started by dungeon monkey,

    Hi guys and girls few Qs , Are Btp in the same pension scheme that home office forces are ? Also what % do they pay ? And last one is the % reduced whilst in training or probation period ? Cheers Dungeon monkey

    • 4 replies
    • 1.2k views
  9. DPM2013
    Started by DPM2013,

    Has any BTP candidates with a view of working in Scotland heard anything about the process yet ?, My application is currently on hold and I am waiting to get a date for assessment its a waiting game at the minute. Has anyone who was successful at paper sift heard anything yet ?

    • 4 replies
    • 674 views
  10. DPM2013
    Started by DPM2013,

    Does any existing officers, or applicants know when BTP Scotland may be recruiting again. Passed paper sift, but seem to be waiting at this stage for quite some time now any advice would help

    • 3 replies
    • 495 views
  11. mackie123
    Started by mackie123,

    Hello, I am currently a PC in a HO force but prior to this was BTP for 5 years; I now realise it was a mistake to leave and looking to get back to BTP or maybe even CNC or MOD police. Does anyone on here know if the North division will be recruiting transferees anytime soon - willing to go anywhere in the division? Thanks, Mackie.

  12. Drich
    Started by Drich,

    Was watching a BTP video on youtube Right at the end (4:25) it shows a white flat cap. I assume it must be footage from another force, as with no traffic divison, BTP would not have white caps? Or do they signify something else?

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
  13. jls
    Started by jls,

    Hi, well thought I might see what people think. 27 years ago I was arrested for criminal damage and Drunk and disorderly, both were small fines,i am a serving SC with TVP and was wondering if people knew the score with BTP with this. I see on there website that it says you will not be able to apply to BTP if you have any convictions, now as mine are such a long time ago do BTP still class these as a no no? Any info would be much appreciated.

    • 6 replies
    • 564 views
  14. DPM2013
    Started by DPM2013,

    Just thought I would start a feed for advice on the assessment process Does anyone know where we can pic up exam type practice papers for the btp ? and can anyone who has gone through the process recently point out any tips or advice ? Thanks

    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
  15. Smeders
    Started by Smeders,

    So big restructure tomorrow! Anyone got any info on what changes it will bring other than old style divisions being scrapped and ive been told "backroom" services have been streamlined

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.