Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. Frank Castle
    Started by Frank Castle,

    Good Evening If possible can someone send me a pm explaining where the nicks are located in B-east-inner london? Cheers

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Administrative Account
  2. Yournot19forever
    Started by Yournot19forever,

    Hi all, Not seen anything on here about it at all so thought i would start the thread. Has anyone else received a start date for the 3rd of november? I got mine a couple of weeks ago now and will be traveling down from North West.

    • 5 replies
    • 526 views
    Yournot19forever
  3. pcoventry

    Hello, I wanted to ask a question because I can never get a straight answer when I ask someone in the field. I am a Security Officer (very good at my job and very sensible) and I work on the railways usually during football match nights. According to the BTPO I spoke with (and not sure if it's true or not) - BTP are allowed handcuffs because it's private property and they may have to restrain a violent person in a confined space I.E a train. But Despite being trained in the use of Restraint using Cuffs and having an annual assessment (as they do), I am not allowed too? I understand Section 1 of the Criminal Justice Act gives defense to officers of the crown and I resp…

      • Like
    • 31 replies
    • 2.3k views
  4. Truncheon
    Started by Truncheon +,

    Not seen a pre-release or anything, and I know he is too modest to start a thread here on the subject... BTP has a new Chief Officer, Ben Clifford. Ben is in the post until October when a permanent Chief Officer will be appointed. For those that aren't aware, Ben has been a long time Special Constable within BTP. Starting in the old London South area at Victoria and then moving to Croydon, Ben was instrumental in setting up the rank structure within the Special Constabulary that we have today from the pilot 'Area Officer' trail around five years. Ben works tirelessly promoting the Specials within BTP as well as ensuring appropriate press coverage is given to events invo…

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1.6k views
    jonnybasildon +
  5. Nestle
    Started by Nestle,

    Hi all, I have my BTP PCSO (London posting) assessment center next weekend. 2 November. Does anyone have any advice / anything I should need to know before going? The e-mail has simply stated that it'll last for a total of two hours and contain the following: Ability Testing, and a Competency-Based Interview and Presentation. I assume the competency interview will be pretty similar to other police competency interviews? respect for diversity, etc.

    • 5 replies
    • 829 views
  6. BlueRedBlue
    Started by BlueRedBlue,

    Hi All! I am hoping to attend an assessment soon and my biggest concern is the maths part. I have never been the sharpest at maths and have not had any major use for anything other than the most basic of things since leaving school. Could anyone give me any pointers as to what sort of thing to expect from this part of the assessment day and any good places to revise or take some mock tests? I found a couple of sites that had some basic things but I hope the community in the know may have some better ideas!

    • 14 replies
    • 738 views
  7. DPM2013
    Started by DPM2013,

    Can anyone give me advice about vetting ? What will go against me what won't ? Any input or knowledge will be helpful as the criteria is very confusing/conflicting thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 446 views
  8. WolfgangRichter
    Started by WolfgangRichter,

    Hello Just wanted to see if anyone is awaiting a response or had a response about starting in September this year?

      • Like
    • 35 replies
    • 2.5k views
  9. MrEdinburgh
    Started by MrEdinburgh,

    I wondered where this takes place. The HQ is in Glasgow, but wondered where people train, if say you are in Aberdeen or Edinburgh? Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 578 views
    Nelson1545926257
  10. Bertie1546080936

    Hi folks, I was hoping that someone could offer me some advice. I am a SC of nearly 8 years, and have just seen the advert for transferees, which closes get soon. I am interested, but have a lot of good friends in my force and am keen to know a bit more before I apply, from someone in this region. Particularly about relationship with regs...how specials are viewed..how they are used...and generally the pros and cons. I would be really grateful if anyone can help our point me in the right direction! Cheers

    • 1 reply
    • 542 views
  11. DPM2013
    Started by DPM2013,

    Hi all, looking for info on the BTP entrance exams not looking for specifics as I know we shouldn't really post it here.....all I really want to know what's in the maths and how to revise ? Type of questions and time limits ect, and in terms of fitness test what's involved now ? Any input would be good getting nervous lol Cheers

    • 17 replies
    • 1.2k views
  12. Frank Castle
    Started by Frank Castle,

    Has anyone who took their assessment centre in June been offered a contract for the October PC intake?

      • Like
    • 51 replies
    • 3k views
  13. 2littleboys
    Started by 2littleboys * ,

    I entered my details for an information evening for BTP Student Police Officer, being held at Glasgow Caledonian University on Monday 7th October and have received an email inviting me along. Can anyone give any more information on what can be expected. I had only to enter basic details on the website and I am unsure whether it is in informal/formal meeting/interview. Any advice would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance

      • Like
    • 35 replies
    • 2.3k views
  14. Jim Lad
    Started by Jim Lad,

    Good Afternoon All, I'm an SC with Hampshire and am thinking about applying to transfer to BTP (have been thinking about it for a while). I'd be very interested to hear from any SCs who work in the Portsmouth/Southampton areas to find out a bit about you 'average' duties etc. I'd be very grateful to anyone who would PM me and be willing to discuss this. Many Thanks.

    • 3 replies
    • 477 views
  15. pottheed
    Started by pottheed,

    Experienced Special Constable Opportunities Role Overview Special Constables assist BTP in providing an increased uniform presence for the rail network. They are expected to serve on a regular basis and commit at least sixteen hours per month, usually broken into eight hour shifts. Although Specials aren’t paid, they are bestowed with the same powers as regular Police Constables and carry out a varied role which could include foot and vehicle patrols, assisting at incidents, helping passengers, policing events or simply acting as a reassurance to the travelling public. Opportunities now exist for experienced serving Special Constables to transfer into the BTP and wor…

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 961 views
    Nelson1545926257

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.