Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. Clippy
    Started by Clippy,

    Any *ahem* serving officers fancy looking over / critiquing my presentation? ...Or is that asking too much?

    • 1 reply
    • 517 views
    Shadow161546081169
  2. molls720021545925971
    Started by molls720021545925971,

    Hi, Anyone out there who can assist with what to expect with the assessment centre for the above role? And also what the recruitment process entails? Any help would be appreciated?

    • 0 replies
    • 326 views
    molls720021545925971
  3. R2D2
  4. TRB
    Started by TRB,

    Got a call from the recruitment team from BTP saying I've failed vetting due to cautions declared such as the fine I received from a train company for failing to have a ticket. I didn't think that was even an offence as it was issued by a private company but I put down any way just incase. Honesty is supposed to be the best policy but now I wish I hadn't opened my mouth. Ever heard of being failed like this before the vetting department have even glimpsed at your paperwork?

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 673 views
  5. Clippy
    Started by Clippy,

    I'm interested in knowing what job you had before, and how old you were before joining the BTP. I'm 21, I realise there are potential candidates with more life experience and better qualifications than I, and I am currently employed in a job that has next to no dealing with the general public, which means I'm more likely to struggle to provide examples for the competencies. If anyone else was in my position, your help would be, as ever, greatly appreciated!

    • 3 replies
    • 565 views
  6. andrewl6527
    Started by andrewl6527,

    does anyone have an up to date copy of the specials SOP? i cant seem to find one on the intranet thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 357 views
  7. Harryj89
    Started by Harryj89,
  8. william89
    Started by william89,

    Hi all. I'm in the PC intake starting on 1st June. I believe in my contract/offer letter somewhere it states that I'll be required to take the job related fitness test on my first day. Was just wondering if this includes the push/pull test as well as this wasn't part of the assessment day, just the bleep test. Cheers Will

    • 5 replies
    • 682 views
  9. Metcop892
    Started by Metcop892,

    A few question here. Any answers would be great! Is training still 8 weeks? Do PCSO working in london get free use of TFL services? Do PCSOs drive any force vehicles? Is there support from within the force to progress on to be a PC? What work are PCSOs involved with in london/LU areas? Are there pay increments in the roles salary? Thanks guys

      • Like
    • 44 replies
    • 3.5k views
  10. Mike Lima
  11. Steve
  12. ATanner14
    Started by ATanner14,

    Is there anyone hoping to be on the Jan intake for a pcso post? Based Central London?

      • Like
    • 86 replies
    • 6.1k views
    Quinn Jenkinson
  13. Unincredible Hulk
    Started by Unincredible Hulk,

    Hi Folks Was just seeing if anyone on here is in the March intake as I haven't seen anyone mention it....starting to think I'm the only one on the intake

      • Like
    • 63 replies
    • 3.1k views
  14. Steve
    Started by Steve +,
  15. TRB
    Started by TRB,

    Hi all. Newbie here and got a few questions that I'd really appreciate some advice on So basically I've applied about 5 weeks ago to work in a Police Staff capacity for BTP. I interviewed last week and received a call from the Inspector who interviewed me a day later saying I was successful and got offered the job and all that was left to do was to be vetted! I couldn't be happier about this and I'm really excited to start a career within the police however, I've got a few questions regarding the vetting procedure that I'm sure some of you could shed some light on… Firstly, at what level are Police Staff vetted to? Is it as thorough as any Police Officer/PSCO rol…

    • 7 replies
    • 676 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.