Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. mpr7a
    Started by mpr7a,

    Hello, Hopefully starting training soon to become an SC with BTP. Can anyone please outline how the training works, what you do each weekend and what the 6 day part is spent doing. Also, if you're coming from a distance, where are you usually accommodated? Many thanks!

    • 12 replies
    • 826 views
  2. VerySpecialConstable
    Started by VerySpecialConstable +,

    Good morning all, I recently bit the bullet and applied to BTP to become a Special Constable. I must admit I was very impressed that I submitted my application and got a reply that I'd been short listed in under 3 hours! I'm looking forward to hopefully meeting some of you in the future.

  3. MindTheGap
  4. PrimeCut
    Started by PrimeCut,

    Evening all I'm an applicant to the Student Officer Scotland 2016 campaign and have passed shortlisting. Strangely I've been booked in for a telephone interview prior to being given an assessment day. Anyone have any experience with this from BTP? Also I wondered if the assessment day in Glasgow still has presentations to conduct, and finally whether the fitness test is the same day. Thanks a lot Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    • 2 replies
    • 699 views
  5. S/B
    Started by S/B,

    Hi, Anbody know when the intakes are in 2016 for BTP student police officers?? I passed the assessment and vetting in September. All I have heard from recruitment is intakes will be throughout 2016. Anybody have any idea what months the intakes are in?? Im sure plenty of others are in the same position. cheers.

    • 20 replies
    • 2k views
  6. MrEdinburgh
    Started by MrEdinburgh,

    As you way be aware, it is planned to scrap the BTP in Scotland and subsume it into Police Scotland. Both the BTP and BTP Federation have strongly opposed this. Please sign the petition here. To read the concerns of the BTP: https://www.btp.police.uk/pdf/BTP%20Public%20Audit%20Committee%20Evidence%20Submission1.pdf To read the concerns of the BTP Federation: http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/British_Transport_Police_Federation.pdf Essentially, what is happening is that the UK govt is planning to devolve responsibility for railway policing to the Scottish Parliament and the SNP Scottish Government has said when that happens, they scrap the BTP in Scotland and Pol…

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 699 views
  7. Dizzydee
    Started by Dizzydee,

    https://btp.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/channel-1/appcentre-3/brand-3/xf-5d2bf2d8208b/candidate/so/pm/6/pl/1/opp/1154-Student-Officer-Scotland-2015/en-GB Recruiting in Scotland, noticeable that the starting salary is lesser than that of Police Scotland though.

  8. Sweating Runner
    Started by Sweating Runner,

    Hi, Anybody starting his/her training for SC in April with BTP?

    • 17 replies
    • 650 views
    Sweating Runner
  9. mpr7a
    Started by mpr7a,

    Hello, Been wondering for a while now, how do the BTP stations without a 'Neighbourhood Team' operate? Do they just operate on a response basis? Also, are specials usually supported in these types of stations? Many thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 537 views
  10. MindTheGap
  11. Rogue One
    Started by Rogue One,

    Saw that a statement had been released regarding this video of an arrest at St Pancras earlier. Seems much ado about nothing really. With the benefit of hindsight, what do people think?

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 538 views
  12. ceri
    Started by ceri,

    Hey guys, Is anyone else going to be at the assessment centre for PCSO on the 12th March?

    • 1 reply
    • 636 views
  13. doc4eva
    Started by doc4eva,

    Anyone been invited for the assessment centre in Glasgow next week? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    • 8 replies
    • 613 views
  14. chrysanthemum53
    Started by chrysanthemum53,

    Hiiii I was in the talent pool for over a year waiting for a place in Birmingham, while waiting I was offered a position in London, my partner and I decided to relocate and accept the offer, I start training 7th March... Is anyone else due to start then too???

    chrysanthemum53
  15. siwel123
    Started by siwel123 * ,

    Hi guys, I really like the sound of the BTP as a career because of the diversity available as well as the opportunities to progress within furthermore the range of courses available compared to other police services such as Taser, Firearms and Dog seem great! The area that interests me the most is London as I've visited there before and love the cultural diversity also I had a positive experience with London BTP, however I've some questions so hopefully you guys might be able to answer them?! Do you have to live in the area you desire to work in before applying or can I apply and go through my initial training while sorting out housing? Is London a good area to be a BT…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.