Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. Avalanche52
    Started by Avalanche52,

    Hi guys, I am still waiting for my assessment dates. I have received the attached email and was wondering if it is normal. I applied towards the end of last year. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    • 0 replies
    • 450 views
    Avalanche52
  2. Klaus
    Started by Klaus,

    If there's anyone on here who is BTP Guildford, could you drop me a PM? Preferably an SC Supervisor. Alternatively another officer from the same sort of area. Trying to organise a joint youth engagement event for next week (last minute I know!) Cheers Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.6k views
  3. rovrum lad
    Started by rovrum lad * ,

    Hello, Can any BTP officer assist me with a general pension question? I have tried to get an answer through the relevant channels, but I am struggling with what I thought was a straightforward question! It is important because I am contemplating transferring to the force from an HO force. Anyway, I am a constable with 18 years pensionable service. Prior to the pension change, my master plan was to complete 30 years service which meant I could retire at 55 years old with a full pension. However, under the CARE pension, I will now have to work an extra five years until I am 60 years old in order to get a full pension. I still wish to have the option of reti…

    rovrum lad *
  4. Special Bobby

    Hello, This may seem like an odd question, but I shall ask it nonetheless. How would someone who has spent most of their life in a boarding (private) school and moving around the country, so an unusual but very enjoyable and privileged upbringing, fit in with the police? Have always been keen to serve others and work hard for good causes (I currently volunteer quite a lot), am quite normal and down to earth, and yet my background is so vastly different to everyone else that I have met (outside it) that is in the public service and the public, I wonder if it would suit me/one. Have been looking at the BTP's recruitment as this force greatly interests me an…

    Special Bobby +
  5. Jeebs
    Started by Jeebs +,

    Obviously be aware of opsec in relation to this question, but do the BTP have any firearms capacity in the north of the country? Manchester for example. Or is all BTP firearms based down in London?

  6. junior_7178
    Started by junior_7178,

    Hello all, new member here looking for some information. I'm thinking of applying to the BTP Special Constabulary for vacancies they are advertising at Crewe. I have an understanding on the role of a Special Constable from being a Police Cadet and from family friends who have served as regular officers, however my knowledge of the BTP is basic. I've looked at all the open source material I can find via YouTube, Google and the British Transport Police website, but I realise that a lot of this will have been 'glammed up' for the cameras/media. I'm looking for the reality, or any snippets that will help me decide if this is the right path for me, or whether I shou…

    bluelightsouthwest
  7. tbpolice
    Started by tbpolice +,

    If anyone is interested BTP has been filmed at King's Cross in London for the past several months. The TV show is called "Inside King's Cross:The Railway" its on channel 5. Might be worth a watch [emoji1360] Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

  8. readysteady
    Started by readysteady,

    Hi all, I am a serving officer with a home office force. The thing I hate the most is carrying (what can sometimes be) an unmanageable crimes basket. I was a SC in Hampshire where officers did not carry 20 crimes, have to interview the prisoner themselves, create paper remand files (with around 60 pages x 4 [court, defence, CPS and case managers]) and have to sit on the phone to CPS for 2 hours. I appreciate that admin does form a part of the job but this really isn't what I joined for... I wanted to know if BTP officers are in a similar position? Thanks.

  9. BTPSC1
    Started by BTPSC1,

    Hi, Need some advice / guidance if possible! Had my assessment centre at spring house on 18th Feb which I passed and had my medical on the 10th March which I also passed. Do BTP send their Vetting forms out before or after the medical? Quite keen to get this filled in and completed but I don't know if I should of had these already? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks! Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

  10. Glassy
    Started by Glassy,

    If, like me, you will be taking a pay cut, how are you planning to cut your cloth with the finances. Even with being on the enhanced starting pay once your mortgage and bills are paid there is not a lot left. What are you doing to overcome this?

  11. freestyle986
    Started by freestyle986,

    Hello, anyone know the outcome of the Demand Review's impact on PCSO finish times (specifically London or Kent-based)? Keen to ensure I'd at least be able to catch the last train home before deciding whether this is for me. I'm assuming that 1am finishes would be problematic for many officers based in London due to the complete absence of car parking in town too. Please PM if preferred.

    • 0 replies
    • 363 views
    freestyle986
  12. RM88
    Started by RM88,

    Anyone starting soon with BTP? Thought it might be good to reach out and see if anyone is in the same boat :-) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    • 2 replies
    • 246 views
  13. Rogue One
    Started by Rogue One,

    A man has been charged with the attempted murder of a special police constable after an assault at Plymouth railway station on Friday. http://m.plymouthherald.co.uk/man-has-been-charged-with-attempted-murder-of-police-constable/story-30165829-detail/story.html

  14. RM88
    Started by RM88,

    Just wondering if anyone else is due to start with the BTP? Thought it might be good to see if anyone else is in the same boat :-) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. Madden96

    I am asking on behalf of a friend who was unsuccessful with the last intake during March last year for D Division (Scotland). Will BTP Scotland start recruiting again, or is it likely to be stalled due to talks of amalgamation with Police Scotland? Cheers.

    FOXTROTOSCARONE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.