Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. Mdon
    Started by Mdon +,

    Hi, with the recent national press coverage for a potential merger of BTP,Cnc and Mdp. Has anyone heard anything? https://www.ft.com/content/ab99fafa-8ef8-11e6-8df8-d3778b55a923

  2. sc117
    Started by sc117,

    Hello, I am currently a special sergeant with a Home Office force who is also currently in the recruitment phase to become a BTP C Division Police Officer (assessment centre date TBC). I am very much interested in the BTP and although I am also applying for a Home Office PC Role, I have some questions about BTP. 1) I was wondering how things stood in regards of transfers should I want to join a home office force later down the line? Before you think I am using BTP to step sideways into a Home Office force I am not as I could easily see myself staying with BTP throughout the entirety of my career. I am just thinking that after x years if a really appealing position (i.e…

  3. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    For those unaware, BTP are recruiting PCs for the london area. For more information, have a look: https://btp.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/channel-1/appcentre-3/brand-3/xf-5d2bf2d8208b/candidate/so/pm/6/pl/1/opp/1153-Student-Officer-London-2015/en-GB P.S. The deadline for this application is on the 20th of Febuary.

  4. Radman

    Not going into the full details but anyone who has seen the chiefs update on the intranet will see that the old 'expansion of remit' is kicking off again after a hiatus. Specifically it looks as if: Airports and Motorway policing are being discussed at a governmental level and potential BTP's role in the future undertaking these functions. What is your opinion? Can we do it? Should we do it?

  5. Marty McFly
    Started by Marty McFly,

    As one of the relative few to have seen the system I must say I am very very impressed. I preferred (met police) CAD over NSPIS no questions asked, however, ControlWorks is a totally different ball game.

  6. MindTheGap
  7. lou.lou
    Started by lou.lou * ,

    Hi all Has anyone recived an email/ phone call from btp regarding interview date, as I'm still waiting on a date. All i have been told is that they will contact me shortly Thanks in advance [emoji1] Sent from my SM-J500FN using the Police Community App

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 3.5k views
  8. MindTheGap
    Started by MindTheGap +,
    Indiana Jones +
  9. Frisby15
    Started by Frisby15,

    Hi. I attended the BTP assessment centre at Holiday inn express at Glasgow Airport on 17th of May. Just wondering if anyone else on here attended that day? I remember speaking to Shaun & Anna. I was successful and I'm over the moon with the result, just waiting on a date for the Fitness Test.

  10. butter
    Started by butter,

    I've just put an application in for BTP Speculative Talent Pool applications C-Division. Submitted it last Thursday, deadline was Friday, and yesterday lunchtime I received an email telling me I'd been shortlisted. Very efficient work from their recruitment team, either that or they didn't check them properly!! Has anyone else gone for it? Assessment centre/interviews are planned for end of 2016/beginning of 2017. Cheers Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    • 7 replies
    • 657 views
    joey_shabadoo +
  11. pedmond
    Started by pedmond,

    Hi All, I've been offered a conditional offer to join BTP and have passed all of the stages, including medical and fitness, so now just waiting on vetting and references before they hopefully offer a formal offer of employment. Just wondering if there is anyone else is in the same boat? I've been reliably told that intakes are to be in August and January although a bit of ambiguity about the number of spaces that are going to be allocated up at Tulli to BTP. Also anyone else just been through the process that could comment on the conditional offer to formal offer stage? Obviously these things take time although just wondering how long as I do already have vetting from a…

    • 30 replies
    • 1.3k views
  12. Farm Boy

    Sorry I have not put this on here sooner, I only spotted this yesterday and I've been mega busy. To my knowledge this is the first time I've seen Dorset Police looking to have transferees from non-office forces but I maybe wrong?? https://www.dorset.police.uk/recruitment/transferees/current-vacancies/

  13. zanysuzie
    Started by zanysuzie,

    Hi Everyone I am about to start training on the 1st August in Spring house and I was wondering if anyone knows if we are likely to be in training on the next bank holiday - Monday 29th August? Thanks.

    • 2 replies
    • 427 views
    bluelightsouthwest
  14. lynsmc85
    Started by lynsmc85,

    If you apply for Police Scotland and get told not successful reapply in 12 months time, can you apply to BTP or does the 12 month still stand? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. ConnorLAG
    Started by ConnorLAG,

    Hello, I'm currently in the recruitment process for BTP Specials Student Intake, would be nice to see if anyone else is involved!

      • Like
    • 34 replies
    • 1.7k views
    bluelightsouthwest

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.