Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. Ben3157

    Hi all, Im currently a service special constable with a home office force, and am thinking of applying for the British Transport Police student officer positions. Looking ahead, if I am successful and in the future decide to join a home office force, which forces accept BTP transferees? And do any make you redo the entire student officer phase?

  2. JG007
    Started by JG007,

    Hi, Just wondering if anyone knows if its possible to do work experience with btp? I read somewhere that you can but I might have been dreaming. its just that I'm considering joining btp as special as I didn't pass my entry exam into Police Scotland. - James

  3. JJHMATT
    Started by JJHMATT,

    Hi everyone, Does anyone know if BTP are going to be taking on transferee regulars soon around London or the South East? Spoken to recruitment but they gave a generic 'all vacancies are on the website answer'. Just wondered if anyone had heard anything through the grape vine or knows of any planned expansions. Here's hoping they're might be some recruitment now we're into the new financial year. Cheers

  4. DSMGP
    Started by DSMGP * ,

    Good day all, Just thought I’d see if there is anybody else attending the AC next weekend and to see how your preparation is going? What is you biggest worry about the AC and which Div have you applied for. I am applying for C Div, I’ve managed to arrange half an hour with an PC at my local station today which will hopefully help with the presentation to get a better understanding daily life. Beat regards and good luck DSMGP

  5. Plimmey
    Started by Plimmey * ,

    I'm on the 15th intake mate move in on the Sunday. My commute was less than two hours and they have provided me with accommodation so i would keep on their backs about sorting you one out.

  6. Smithy66
    Started by Smithy66 +,

    Hi guys hope all is well, anyone on here starting next mo th on the 19th for the pcso role in London.

    • 5 replies
    • 634 views
  7. RobKex2322
    Started by RobKex2322,

    Looks like they are well and truly on the go again. Not sure how all of you who have been waiting ages feel. https://btp.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/channel-1/appcentre-3/brand-4/xf-d1df62553b44/candidate/so/pm/6/pl/1/opp/3073-Student-Officer-2017/en-GB

  8. Frosty19
    Started by Frosty19,

    Hi Guys, due to start my special training in February was wondering if anyone knows what kit they Issue out and what I would need to get in preparation for training. Although I am aware boots need to be purchased by myself is there anything else I would need Frosty

  9. HC999
    Started by HC999,

    Does anyone know what the initial training commitments are for those IPS specials who have applied to come over to BTP?

    molls720021545925971
  10. RobKex2322
    Started by RobKex2322,

    Thought I would start a new thread for next year as quite a few are posting on the old 2017 thread for 2018 starts, etc. Best of luck of those beginning their new careers.

  11. Olivia Rutherford
    Started by Olivia Rutherford,

    Hi guys. I've been short listed for this intake. Was wondering how long it takes for them to send out the AC date? I'm eager to get started and want to start swotting up. Also want to start prepping and making sure I'm not working for the AC date.

  12. Olivia Rutherford
    Started by Olivia Rutherford,

    Hi there. Has anyone applied for BTP in the latest recruitment drive? Was wondering what I should be looking at revising and swotting up on, other than the competencies. Cheers

  13. jls
    Started by jls,

    Hi all, Does anyone know if BTP do there own vetting or do they send it out to the local force where you live or will be based to be vetted? And is it SC or CTC level? Thanks.

  14. Cali1327

    Hi all first time posting on this forum, long time lurker for information. I am currently a serving special in a home office force, looking to move into the regs, on the btp side of things(currently on conditional offer). As they say dry your eyes and specialise. In in my current force, the wait time for response training is quite a long one. I have pcs on my team who are in their 3rd year with no course in sight and that’s pretty normal. So just out of curiosity what is the wait time, for a response course in the btp. I’m looking for c division if that changes anything. Also do the btp allow you to take the response cou…

      • Thanks
    • 23 replies
    • 2.1k views
  15. Liamsdad71
    Started by Liamsdad71,

    Has anyone else had this email? Applied with the Nov 2016 recruitment and been on the waiting list for an AC ever since. Although I know some people have been in training and now in post I have been patiently waiting for my turn. Kept getting the monthly “thanks for waiting” email but this month it has advised that I have a week to decide if I can move to another area or my application will be cancelled! Really disappointing, so much time and effort spent in that time to make sure I was ready for the AC all for nothing. Did anyone get to AC for the North east? Thanks.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.