Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. Owen
    Started by Owen +,

    Hi All, I am currently a special at a home office force somewhere up north. I have got a new full time job in the big smoke so with my move I’ve opted to apply for a transfer to BTP as a SC. My questions are.. 1) What does the SC transferee recruitment process look like? I have passed papersift and waiting for info re next stage.. 2) Anyone who’s been through the process - how long did it take from application to training? Long shot but struggling to find this information and it’s more out of interest rather than a need to know at the minute so I’m not going to be phoning and mithering HR yet..! Owen

  2. PilgrimTV
    Started by PilgrimTV * ,

    Hi guys, I've been given a conditional offer and a start date in October to become a BTP PCSO in inner London. I've passed my medical and I am just waiting for my vetting. Does anyone know how long vetting will usually take for PCSOs? I'm on holiday for a few weeks in September and would need to give my notice in before I go away as it would be too late to do so within my notice period when I get back. Another question I have, sorry if this should be in a separate post - it's my first post - is about progressing in BTP. I have aspirations to move from PCSO to PC in a couple of years on the job, however would this be possible considering in 2020 you will ne…

  3. Mitchell89
    Started by Mitchell89 * ,

    Hi I would be grateful for some guidance in relation to the assessment day. Am told I will receive a pack by 16th Sept but I would like to start preparing. The ability tests are my main concern, particularly numeracy. Does anyone know how many questions there are and the time limit for this. I guess the other tests are verbal reasoning and written. Any help will be grateful

  4. OfficerPasty91
    Started by OfficerPasty91,

    hey guys, so im patiently waiting on my start dates coming, passed everything, just awaiting that vital call, and the employment references and things, anyone know any idea when they will be accepting more c division intakes specifically lincoln, grimsby, peterborough etc ??? i just wanna get started

    OfficerPasty91
  5. bensonby
    Started by bensonby +,

    I’m currently on the Isle of Wight and have been admiring their antiquated trains. It struck me though, how is the Island Line policed? It is a National Rail service but completely cut off from the rest of the network. Surely it’s too small and quiet to justify its own policing team? Is there an SLA with Hants who are the territorial force for the island?

    • 4 replies
    • 650 views
    MindTheGap +
  6. Radman
    Started by Radman +,

    https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/722680/peel-police-effectiveness-2017-btp.pdf

  7. BIGSAM
    Started by BIGSAM,

    Just had my contract and all paperwork through for my student officer intake on the 2nd july and noticed that we are required to provide our own boots now. I did have my boot size taken when i had my uniform fitting on assesment day though. Should i still buy some boots or will i be provided with a pair? Also is anyone else on this intake ?

    • 3 replies
    • 895 views
  8. STTOMO
    Started by STTOMO,

    Good Evening Everyone, I've read the forum as a non-paying member for a few months now, however I received my start date on Monday afternoon, so thought it was time to join up and browse some threads further. Intake is 9th April, so first off is anyone else on that date? Will be based in Doncaster once training is done and dusted. Couple of questions for those who have or are currently experiencing training .... 1) What is the accomodation like? (Leaving my fiance and 5 month old baby at home, so going to be a huge and tough change for a few months) 2) Is there a gym at the training facilities for student officers or is it better to use one closer…

  9. BIGSAM
    Started by BIGSAM,

    Hi Guys, just joined this forum after surfing it for a few months as a free member. I have just had a conditional offer come through today for a start date of Monday the 2nd of July 2018 for B division. Has anyone else been given this start date? Does anyone have any idea how long vetting will take as i am conscious of my 4 week notice period at my current job. I initially applied October 2017 had my assessment day march 5th 2018, medical April 16th and received a conditional offer 1st May so overall has been a very quick and seamless process in my opinion.

  10. BIGSAM
    Started by BIGSAM,

    Can anyone tell me how travel works whilst in training? I will be travelling to spring house using on the trains each day, am i expected to pay for this or will this be covered? Thank you

  11. PC MA

    Hi all, was wondering if anybody knew how long it would be after you’ve had your medical that you’d be offered a formal offer. I assume that I’ve had my medical because they want me to start soon and surely I wouldn’t have had my medical and then be made to wait for months and months. I was wondering what others experiences are with this situation and how long everybody else waited after completion of medical. Also wanted to know whether there are people who are still waiting for a start date who have been waiting a long time for C division.

  12. OfficerPasty91
    Started by OfficerPasty91,

    thought I would introduce myself and say hi to everyone, passed my assessment centre for the BTP in march, got medical booked in for next thursday, Thought would be a good time to sign up to this forum as all being well with medical I will hopefully join the ranks of all you guys and girls .. is their anyone whose in C division preferably Lincoln, Nottingham, Derby or Grimsby on here?

    • 1 reply
    • 430 views
    Chief Cheetah
  13. Madden96
    Started by Madden96 +,

    There is a section on the BTP application where it asks for the name of your education provider, address and so on until it asks for a contact name which must come from a 'teacher/careers adviser'. I haven't been to school or spoken to my old teacher's in years and I am almost certain a lot have most likely left. I could try phoning of course, but if I struggle to get a contact name then what am I to do? Has anybody else faced or are facing a similar situation with the application?

      • Thanks
    • 2 replies
    • 449 views
  14. PC MA
    Started by PC MA,

    I was wondering whether someone was in the same postion as me. I had recieved my conditional offer on the 28th of march and have had my medical today. However last week I received an email which stated ‘The next intakes for B and C Division are planned for June onwards. C Division are near establishment in the majority of stations meaning they do not require any probationer officers at the moment.’ To me this statement contradicts itself and was wondering whether anyone has any further info?

  15. pete c
    Started by pete c,

    Hi Just had my date through for the assessment day and not got long to prepare, can anyone give any advice on the numerical testing? Regards Pete

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.