Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. Madden96
    Started by Madden96 +,

    The current 'Police Officer 2018' campaign is tempting, but unfortunately the locations are too far away for me to relocate. I would be looking to go for very far north England stations (i.e Carlisle) or any station in Scotland. I think D-Division (Scotland) won't be recruiting at all now (although maybe there is time for one last recruitment drive?) so I think Carlisle would be my more realistic station. Do you think in the next 6 months (roughly) the BTP will be advertising for Police Officer/Student Officer vacancies for D-Division or Carlisle Station?

  2. Madden96
    Started by Madden96 +,

    The opportunities within the 'Police Officer 2018' campaign are tempting, but with me living in North Ayrshire I would find it difficult to move to the likes of Leeds, Hull, Manchester etc. because my life is here. I do however have scope for relocation. I can't see the BTP recruiting in Scotland at any point in the future now due to the ongoing politics (although to my understanding the merger is planned for 2019, so there must be time for one last hurrah in D-Division surely?), so my compromise would be the far north of England. More specifically Carlisle. It's a shame Carlisle was not included in this current campaign!! What do you think the chances are for the BT…

    • 0 replies
    • 329 views
  3. frogs3
    Started by frogs3 * ,

    Hi I recently applied as a rejoiner / transfer to be based at Liverpool. Just wondering if anybody could pm me a sample of shift pattern.. is it similar to the 5 week pattern I used to work in Cheshire? Also.. how far an area do you cover from Liverpool? Thanks in advance. Frogs3

  4. Annlea
    Started by Annlea,

    Hi. So, I'm pretty new to all this and I'm currently trying to work out my way around this forum site. I went for my assessment day in July and passed, I've made my appointment for my medical and my vetting letters have gone off. All being well, I'm told I may be able to start on the 11th September at Spring House.....I suppose I'm shouting out to anyone else on here who may be starting then? Feel like a fish out of water with all this.

  5. ryan88
    Started by ryan88,

    Hi all, I've just sent back all my paper work for my 26/5/17 start. Needless to say I'm very excited and cannot wait. I just have a couple of questions; 1) is the fitness test another bleep test like I did on the assessment centre day? (Level 5.4) 2) is there anyone else on here that has the same starting date? Thanks, Ryan. Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

  6. tbpolice
    Started by tbpolice +,

    Hey all, I received an email today to say that I successfully passed my AC, which was in London on 11/12/2017. I'm currently in the process of doing my Vetting/references to send off. I've been reading a lot of forums and saying there's a huge backlog. However, when I applied (november) it said training would look to start in April 2017. Lots of people seem to have applied for C division, and I can see why there would maybe be a backlog of talent pool applicants waiting for a course date. However, I've applied for B division (south/London) has anyone else applied for this division too? Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

  7. Fay17
    Started by Fay17 * ,

    Hi, I've just received my assessment centre date for 4 weeks time! I was just wondering, those that have passed their BTP AC already, do we get a calculator for the numerical tests? I know that for Northumbria you do. any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks :-)

  8. Rogue One

    Update from BTP Fed http://www.railtechnologymagazine.com/Rail-News/btp-rail-industry-nervous-about-policing-integration?dorewrite=false

    Cathedral Bobby +
  9. RobKex2322
    Started by RobKex2322,

    Just thought I would post this extract from the Manchester Evening News regarding the amazing and heroic effort of BTP officers, who were first on scene, at the tragic events at the Manchester Arena. To go in with the possibility of there being a secondary device takes courage. It's a difficult read. http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/i-saw-people-running-initial-13114756

  10. Zone
    Started by Zone,

    Hi folk, Just wondering if there's anyone here who's going to be attending the x4 Mon-Fri training sessions between July & August?

    • 2 replies
    • 266 views
  11. Stb1750

    I have been biding my time for a while now with anticipation that recruitment in Scotland will kick back up. Although, with all the politics going on regarding BTP Scotland being amalgamated with Police Scotland, do you think recruitment could, soon pick back up again?

    lineout11546620843 *
  12. JG007
    Started by JG007,

    Hi everyone, I'm doing my application for BTP specials to work in Scotland but one of the competencies has got me stumped. The question is in part 2 of the competencies and it asks "What specific ideas do you have for ways that you as a BTP officer could better support partners to provide and improved service to rail users?" I feel myself that this is an odd question to ask and it feels like it's more situated for someone who's already working for BTP. Any ideas? James

  13. PrimeCut

    EDINBURGH & ABERDEEN ONLY Link The closing date for applications is FRIDAY 9TH JUNE 2017 at 1400. Good luck to all who apply.

  14. jls
    Started by jls,

    Hi Just quick one, can you apply to BTP and a Home office Force?

    • 1 reply
    • 565 views
  15. Avalanche52
    Started by Avalanche52,

    Hi guys I am still awaiting my dates for assessment, this is the email I received in April, is this normal as I applied towards the end of last year? Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

    MindTheGap +

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.