Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. November-Bravo
    Started by November-Bravo,

    On 29th June 2016 - The Scottish Government released their consultation paper into the integration of the British Transport Police in Scotland into Police Scotland. A preliminary date has been set for this to occur on 1st April 2019. Consultation paper: https://consult.scotland.gov.uk/police-division/transport-police/supporting_documents/j432616.pdf What are others views on this?

    • 1 reply
    • 380 views
  2. Dazor
    Started by Dazor,

    Hi Guys, I am a special in btp but as of yet cannot get the password for the private forum, i have messaged a few people but never get a reply, could any one help me out?

    • 1 reply
    • 443 views
  3. molls720021545925971
    Started by molls720021545925971,

    Afternoon, Do we have any Special Constabulary Supervision on here? Just wanted to enquire as to what is expected of you from BTP, I ask as I have seen vacancies on the BTP recruitment website.

    • 1 reply
    • 500 views
  4. Madden96
    Started by Madden96 +,

    On March I applied to the British Transport Police and my application was not shortlisted for the selection process. I never seen any interviewer, partake in an assessment day etc. I was wondering if this would make me subject to the 6 month rule for any force (incl. MDP and CNC)? Or does the 6 month rule only apply when you have been unsuccessful during the actual selection process? Thanks.

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 510 views
  5. A-91
    Started by A-91 +,

    Folks, Do any of you know or are you aware of a new recruitment drive to be had by BTP Scotland? Cheers.

  6. Radman
    Started by Radman +,
  7. Immortal Technique
    Started by Immortal Technique,

    As a new BTP special I would just like to familiarise myself with all relevant Level Crossing legislation that would be useful to know when working around LC's. I have a blackstones manual on Road Traffic, yet oddly it mentions nothing about level crossings. Could anyone who is versed on this area of BTP legislation, kindly offer their knowledge as to what Acts and Sections level crossing offences fall under. Obviously more broader offences such as seatbelt, mobile phone, speeding etc can be found under RTA 1988 amongst others I assume. ( couldn't find in other thread, please redirect if this topic has already been answered)

    • 2 replies
    • 718 views
  8. PL0D
    Started by PL0D,

    Just out of interest, I'd like to know if anyone here knows any perticular shows or videos based around the British Transport Police? I've seen most on YouTube like the Send In the Dogs series and Rail Cops, but maybe there's more? Cheers!

    • 2 replies
    • 892 views
  9. Guest Removed User 16-12-21
    Started by Guest Removed User 16-12-21,

    For the purposes of the law on trespass are BTP officers representatives of the landowner in relation to train stations and trains?

    • 4 replies
    • 467 views
  10. BILLIOUS
    Started by BILLIOUS +,

    Hi peeps anybody else got a PO assessment centre on May 17 2016 at Celtic FC?

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1.4k views
  11. ceri

    Hi Guys, I am a serving special in London and I've exhausted all angles to find out when they are recruting for PC's next in London this year / next year, and still no one seems to know! Any ideas?

  12. doc4eva
    Started by doc4eva,

    Just received my contract offer today and all the final paperwork required to start and I start training on 30th April 2016. Anyone else on here on the same intake or know anyone on the same intake? TOTALLY BUZZING BY THE WAY WOOHOOOOOO

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 609 views
  13. Bobbie
    Started by Bobbie,
  14. script
    Started by script,

    I'm about to undergo the assessment day to do the summer special constable training. I live in inner London so hopefully based somewhere central. Just wondering if there is any specials on here from London that could answer some questions? Do you generally get given a choice on where you are based within London and what kind of postings are offered? What opportunities/additional training etc have you had? What do you generally get up to during your shifts? i.e. are you based at a particular railway station patrolling, response team etc?

    • 4 replies
    • 670 views
    Policey_Man +
  15. Mike Lima
    Started by Mike Lima +,

    For anyone who's interested, there will be a workshop on at Glasgow AHQ in February pertaining to student officer applicants and Special constable applicants. https://btp.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/channel-1/appcentre-3/brand-4/xf-a02b5ab30e9e/candidate/so/pm/7/pl/10/opp/2434-Application-and-Assessment-Centre-Workshop-Police-Officers-and-Special-Constables-6th-February-2016/en-GB

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 794 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.