Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. mals2015
    Started by mals2015,

    Hello, I was just wondering if there's anyone on here working out of Baker Street? Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 408 views
  2. HPE
    Started by HPE,

    Hi all, Came across this today. Student Officer recruitment open for D Division based in Aberdeen - closes 1400 17/09/15... for anyone interested: https://btp.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/channel-1/appcentre-3/brand-3/xf-b937830928c7/candidate/so/pm/6/pl/1/opp/2108-Student-Officer-Aberdeen-2016/en-GB Also noticed there's no general recruitment thread for D Division so... now there is! Best of luck to anyone applying!

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 660 views
  3. Sappmer

    I know a few others on here will be on the PC intake at the end of this month. Who else has received the assignment?

  4. TRC
    Started by TRC,

    Hi all, This post is just meant to be helpful to anyone who has is currently having an issue with vetting. I passed all the recruitment processes, and had been given a start date. The Friday before I was due to start I received a letter in the post informing me that the recruitment process has been closed to me, as I did not meet the criteria for passing the vetting process. After a couple of phones calls, recruitment could not give me actual details on what it was I have failed on, but said it could possibly be due to a family member, which seemed plausible as a distant relative is currently in police custody. They advised me that the process would be to ask for a re…

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 879 views
  5. Bertie1546080936
    Started by Bertie1546080936,

    Hi, I'm a serving special and am considering a transfer to BTP. I have been in my own force 9 years, and obviously want to be sure that it's the right move for me. If there are any officers based in Liverpool or Wirral/Chester areas, I would be really grateful of a pm or post, just so I can pick their brains. I was unsuccessful getting the contact details of any Specials when I phoned Line Street , but I'm not sure where the Specials are based. Cheers,

    • 2 replies
    • 481 views
  6. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    Hi, I am due to start as a PC with BTP on 28th September 2015. Quick question. Is there a particular day/date at the end of the month in October when I will get paid? In my starter pack it just says 'every 4 weeks'. Thanks.

  7. mals2015
    Started by mals2015,

    Hiya, I passed all the assesments , medical and vetting and at the beginning of June received an email saying I have been given condition offer , and that I will receive actual offer end of June with possibility of starting training on 17th August. I still haven't heard anything back ...do they normally leave it quite late ? I have to give one months notice to the Met so getting bit nervous now....

    • 5 replies
    • 585 views
  8. chu015
    Started by chu015,

    Hi Due to start my SC training at the end of September , do you think it is worth getting one of these. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/0199671699/ref=dp_ob_neva_mobile Also could anybody tell me what happens on your first weekend at training ( assuming we will be at Spring house ! ) Thanks :-)

    • 6 replies
    • 597 views
  9. HPE
  10. benwatson
    Started by benwatson,

    Hello, I am starting BTP as a PCSO this August! If anyone else is starting around that time or has started recently, please get in touch! Ben

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 905 views
  11. mals2015
    Started by mals2015,

    Hi just wanted to find out what the dress code is ? Are we wearing uniform during training ?

    • 4 replies
    • 436 views
  12. Panther331546621318
    Started by Panther331546621318,

    Hi all. Quick question as I can't find any previous posts answering this - If you join BTP as a Pc for central London, do you get London weighting and allowance straight away, or after completing initial training at spring house?

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
    znra2511546080955
  13. LPerks
    Started by LPerks,

    Hello, I was wondering if anyone has there assessment centre day for September 19th 2015? I had my confirmation email this morning stating that I am on the list and that I will have to complete an interview, ability testing and produce a presentation. It will be nice to see if anyone will be there same day as myself.

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 587 views
  14. Croydon Boy
    Started by Croydon Boy,

    BTP HR have now published our updated policy for Specials who wish to transfer to us from other forces. In summary: * Special Constables from other police services who wish to transfer to BTP must complete the Special Constable Application Form when the recruitment window is open. * Special Constables transferring to BTP who have achieved Independent Patrol Status (IPS) will not be required to complete the full assessment process but will be required to attend an interview with the appropriate BTP Area. However, fitness, medical and vetting must be successfully completed in all cases. * Special Constables transferring to BTP who have not yet achieved IPS will be requi…

      • Like
    • 35 replies
    • 8.2k views
  15. PL0D
    Started by PL0D,

    Hi there, I simply can't find a good answer to what the BTP AFO's do as their role. I've got a few answer which clearly don't help like "they just walk around stations with a carbine". If there's anyone here who could give me a larger insight on what they do, I'd be very grateful. Cheers!

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.