Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. Frank Castle
    Started by Frank Castle,

    Can anyone please share their experiences transferring to BTP as a special,in particular MET specials Who have joined BTP. As a former MET sc I reached a point where it became a waste of time as I wasn't learning or developing. A mate who is a MET sc has hit a similar wall and is keen to join BTP. From what I know BTP seem to value their specials very much and have good levels learning supervision and management. I'd also like to hear any BTP specials who are now BTP PCs experiences.

      • Like
    • 53 replies
    • 7.7k views
  2. LP15
    Started by LP15 * ,

    Hi, I am all new to this so please be patient with me. I have just recently been given my formal offer from BTP for the position of DDO which will cover LUL area I have been told but have no idea at what Police station I will be based at, just waiting on my contract to come through soon. I start my training with BTP on 27th April 2015 and have a uniform fitting this saturday 28th March 15, but was wondering how far exactly is Spring House from Highbury & Islington Station and would I be able to identify the building easily, like is it marked up as a Police training building ? Also to any BTP DDO's or officers who have any information how long will the training last f…

  3. Fry
  4. RufusIII
    Started by RufusIII * ,

    Good evening, I'm currently a serving Met officer who is considering transferring to BTP for the current advertised role in Central London and Underground Teams. Does anyone have experience of transferring into BTP recently and willing to share their advice? Many thanks.

    kennyross1078
  5. Just Hector
    Started by Just Hector,

    Hi, I've got a Transferee interview coming up, has anyone got any examples of Psychometric Tests, I've never had to do one before. Can you help? Thanks

    znra2511546080955
  6. LPerks
    Started by LPerks,

    Hiya I was wondering if anyone has gone through the process for BTP and was wondering what the process is like and how long it took to get through the process. I am currently waiting for my assessment day date - have now been waiting since January but I guess it is a waiting game Looking forward to read peoples posts

    • 4 replies
    • 610 views
  7. PM85
    Started by PM85,

    Hi I'm looking at applying for a transfer to the BTP from a HO force as a regular PC. Has anyone had any recent experience of transferring to BTP? How was it and how's it going not. In particular those in Greater London. Secondly, what shift pattern do they work if there is a general one? Thank you

  8. November-Bravo
    Started by November-Bravo,

    'Rail industry concerned by BTP Scotland plan' Commentator says loss of British Transport Police's expertise in railway policing could lead to fewer people wanting to use trains. A rail expert has said a plan to abolish British Transport Police (BTP) in Scotland would be a "big mistake". As previously reported on PoliceOracle.com, new powers granted to the Scottish Government under devolution plans mean that the railways police could be under threat. The Scottish National Party wants to amalgamate the force into Police Scotland in future. But industry commentator Christian Wolmar said this would be a "big mistake". He told PoliceOracle.com: "There were some plans…

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 867 views
  9. DPM2013
    Started by DPM2013,

    Anyone else got a start date for march in Scotland ?

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 494 views
  10. chu015
    Started by chu015,

    Hello , has anybody applied for this new batch of specials that's is currently live ? Or have you just got into BTP as a special ? What's is like in terms of training and your first inaugural shift ! I'm looking at the north west region mainly Thank you :-)

    • 6 replies
    • 746 views
  11. Scousecamesoclose
    Started by Scousecamesoclose * ,

    Hey guys, I applied to become a PC with BTP around August 2014. I passed all stages and got to vetting. I thought I would pass this as in currently a 'Call Handler' with Merseyside. After a long wait, BTP came back to me and said that due to the PSD checks they had done, my application was closed. I requested a review of this, and BTP came back to me to say that I had a current complaint in my current role and so my application was closed with no further right of appeal. I made enquiries with my management and one of them admitted that they had 'forgotten' to debrief me following a complaint. It turns out that the complaint came in on AUGUST 2014 and was made against m…

    • 2 replies
    • 673 views
    Scousecamesoclose *
  12. Dizzydee
    Started by Dizzydee,

    https://btp.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/channel-1/appcentre-3/brand-3/xf-5d2bf2d8208b/candidate/so/pm/6/pl/1/opp/1154-Student-Officer-Scotland-2015/en-GB Recruiting in Scotland, noticeable that the starting salary is lesser than that of Police Scotland though.

    • 5 replies
    • 811 views
  13. pigg8596
    Started by pigg8596,

    Does anyone have any details on the next intake for specials in London?

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 574 views
  14. DPM2013
    Started by DPM2013,

    Hi I was just wondering of anyone could inform me how long vetting usually takes a few folk I have been at assessment centre with have been given start dates but I dont at the minute, can anyone tell me how long vetting usually takes ?, this is for btp scotland passed all the stages and basically waiting.....Is anyone in a similar position ? Any advice would be a great help. Cheers folks

    • 4 replies
    • 669 views
  15. Steve

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.