Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. Farm Boy
    Started by Farm Boy,

    Please see link: This is good news but I take it that even a private steam railway still falls under BTP Jurisdiction more than a county force?? https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=653554974728943&substory_index=0&id=506218122795963

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. Radman
    Started by Radman +,

    Link to Video A little dull but thought I'd post it up for anyone who's generally interested. Did a bit of digging trying to find information on a recent Lords debate (from last week apparently) in extending our jurisdiction, Chief Crowther mentioned it on his workshop day but I'm struggling to find any mention of it, instead I've come across this video from last month. Mostly dull some interesting mentions, Baroness Kramer mentions early on that BTP is trying to fix legislation bringing us in-line with HO forces down to primary jurisdiction, seems to be mostly positive. At the 17:25 mark the Chief is asked if he can see Airport policing being a matter for BTP and sta…

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 966 views
  3. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    BTP have opened their latest recruitment round for Specials and SC transferees (those with IPS) www.btprecruitment.com Closing date is 18th Feb 2014.

      • Like
    • 292 replies
    • 9.1k views
  4. dungeon monkey
    Started by dungeon monkey,

    Hi guys and girls !! Who else is on the June in take for pc??

      • Like
    • 211 replies
    • 7.9k views
  5. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    .... So I am away from London for a week and will not be able to get a duty next week in. Boo Hiss. But hang on, BTP is a national force - so one quick phone call and I am now going out for a late turn in Hull!! Hooray!

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.4k views
    Policey_Man +
  6. seanh215
    Started by seanh215,

    Hi all, just a shout out to any PCSO recruits starting on 14th of July 2014. My posting is Leeds and I'm moving there from Liverpool (yeah...fish out of water I know lol) So any contacts would be great.

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 1.7k views
  7. Frank Castle
    Started by Frank Castle,

    Good Morning I wonder if any current serving officers can share their experiences in what if any training courses,attachments are available during and after your probation in the London Area? I've heard probationers may only work on NPT but unsure if this true. In terms in specialist teams, dogs OSU, firearms,etc, would it possible to go on attachment with these teams after probation period is finished. Is there a very long time scale to join specialist teams within BTP? Cheers

    • 20 replies
    • 1.2k views
  8. Xavier15
    Started by Xavier15,

    Hi I just had a couple quick questions about Liverpool St. I have already probably come to the conclusion, with help and advice from you guys, that commuting to London from Norwich is probs too far. But if I was to consider it London Liverpool would be the direct station from Norwich. I was just wondering what this station was like to work at? Is it a 24hr station? Whats the normal shift patterns? As that would be my main problem, if shifts finished at say 2-3am id then have about a 4hrs wait to get a train home.

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 718 views
    fractal.scatter
  9. Xavier15
    Started by Xavier15,

    Hi all! I am really interested in joing BTP and would love to work in London, however I live In Norfolk, so the commute would be crazy! I was just wondering if recruitment for the East Anglian stations such as Norwich, Cambridge and Colchester comes up very often? And if anyone has experience of working at these places, whats it like? Cheers

    • 9 replies
    • 602 views
  10. Pikachu
    Started by Pikachu,

    Hi all, Does anyone know of any section houses within London that allow BTP to stay? I've checked with the Met and they no longer offer their section houses to BTP due to large Met intakes. Any ideas? Thanks all. Edit - What do we think of this place? http://www.a2dominion.co.uk/content/doclib/1506.pdf

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 1.9k views
  11. NPspecial
    Started by NPspecial,

    What's btp Lincoln like ? Is it a good nick to work from ? I'm thinking of transferring forces as I'm moving back to lincs

    • 7 replies
    • 864 views
  12. Smeders
    Started by Smeders,

    According to an officer on a BTP group on Facebook starting April 2015, ALL operational officers will have to do the bleep test to level 5.4 before PST. Anyone else heard of it? 5.4 isnt too hard so no worries for me, atleast we have just under a year to get ready haha!

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 787 views
  13. Edward_Strange
    Started by Edward_Strange,

    Hello all, A greybeard colleague of mine found this gem from '88 on Youtube - it's an old Dispatches type documentary following the exploits of BTP on the Underground, back when the Tube was wild! Quite interesting to see how times have changed! Give it a watch here! (Youtube)

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 1.2k views
  14. gk0071546082790
    Started by gk0071546082790,

    Hey all, I've been thinking about becoming a Special for a while now, and I think I've decided on the BTP. While I'm waiting for them to do a new recruitment round I thought I'd ask some of the questions I've been wondering about. I've read loads of really good things about the BTP (which, along with the trains, is why I think I'll choose them over the Met), and I was just wondering why they seem to have higher morale. Is it because they're better funded, or something else? Also, just wondering about any negative experiences as well I'm fairly young (19, twenty in October), so I was wondering if that's too young or anything. When do you think the next intake will be?…

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 874 views
  15. Craigh1
    Started by Craigh1,

    Anyone starting on the 27th May for the CSO's. Ive been posted to Liverpool. Cant wait very excited

    • 10 replies
    • 1.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.