Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. richard_jn
    Started by richard_jn,

    Hi, How big is the area that BTP leeds covers? Either in a rough mileage as a radius from leeds station or whatever the furthest away railway stations from leeds that officers cover? I know there are police stations at Doncaster and York as well so the area probably isn't as big as some.

    • 2 replies
    • 643 views
  2. FoxtrotZero
    Started by FoxtrotZero,

    Hi All, I've applied for a post as a communications officer with BTP, and have a general idea of what they do as i know a few people who work out of CCC for the MET, But is there anyone who actually performs this role, that could shed some light on what it's actually like? I imagine calls come in from TFL and other operators, along with LAS/LFB/MPS instead of the public? But besides that...? PM if you don't want to post on an open forum. Thanks -FZ

    • 19 replies
    • 856 views
  3. Cactus
    Started by Cactus * ,

    I work for London Underground as station staff and I'm seriously considering applying as a Special (but not with BTP - there's only so much railway a person can take!). I'm a bit concerned about some potential "conflict of interest" type issues surrounding things we regularly deal with in my busy zone 1 station. I've listed some examples: I witness a colleague being assaulted. Normally we would call BTP and try to preserve any evidence, eg saliva, witnesses, CCTV. But the attacker will almost always make a run for it upon hearing the request for police. As an SC would I be expected to attempt to prevent them from leaving? I witness a passenger trespassing on the tracks …

    • 6 replies
    • 592 views
  4. tarminite
    Started by tarminite,

    BTP are recruiting again for the following area's: We will be opening a recruitment window on 24 February 2014 to fill Recruit PC Positions for 2014 intakes in the below areas. This campaign will be open to external and internal candidates and will be to fill vacancies alongside the previous Assessment Centres for candidates who applied to the November campaign. These vacancies are only open to recruit new Student Officers and cannot be filled by current officers wishing to transfer. Guildford Portsmouth Southampton Stevenage Wolverhampton Rugby Peterborough Leeds Doncaster Gatwick Leicester Bournemouth Birmingham Coventry Application deadline is 1100 hrs GMT, 10 M…

  5. NPspecial
    Started by NPspecial,

    Do btp units use estate cars or is it mainly vans or a mixture ? Are they slowly moving to vauxhall as most HO forces are. ?

    • 19 replies
    • 1.3k views
  6. Rogan
    Started by Rogan,

    Hey guys, applied for the student officer intake so I thought I'd make myself known on the site after lurking for a few weeks Was just wondering if I could make a quick query just as a matter of interest. I understand it is becoming more and more commonplace (at least from what I read) for officers of Home Office forces to be issued tasers across the board. Is there any unit of the BTP that gets tasers issued to their officers? Also, I'd be interested to get people's general opinions of tasers being introduced into UK forces. Thanks a bunch lads and lasses R

      • Like
    • 42 replies
    • 2.4k views
  7. Dreamer87
    Started by Dreamer87,

    Hi all, Just finished my PCSO training in London and was wondering how many of you current PC's had previously been PCSO's. There seems to have been a lot at the training centre and I'm interested as I hope to become PC as soon as BTP allows me to and the vacancies arise. Does anyone have any advice at all? Don't get me wrong, I am very excited to be starting my position as PCSO but my goal has always been to progress to PC.

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.1k views
    reassurance-patrol
  8. richard_jn
    Started by richard_jn,

    http://flickrhivemind.net/Tags/47829/Interesting I've seen this locomotive before with police on it whilst on the main line between manchester and London. Not moving of course, just in a siding somewhere. Possibly Crewe or Stafford. In its day what was it used for? When did it go out of service? And why?

    • 7 replies
    • 900 views
  9. Smeders
    Started by Smeders,

    hey, thought i would make this topic for us on the march intake in a couple of weeks. Any questions about training etc would be good in here rather than spamming the forum! Training: is 22nd March-3rd August (Hours will be posted to us this week with contracts etc). Will be held at Axis House (PST/OST maybe at wolves uni but who knows lol) Swearing in: 9th August (Family and friends allowed) will be the Chief Super for W&W and some PCCs there. Will be following by a buffet lunch, photos and handing out of certificates. Uniform: will be issued (so ive been told) on 1st weekend of training, but im sure this will be confirmed in case we need to bring big bags for uni…

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 566 views
  10. LeeStrong
    Started by LeeStrong,

    Hello all! Following my recent success at the assessment centre, and passing my medi/vetting I was informed that due to limited capacity I won't be posted at this time. This was for the Special Constable role. I would presume that I will be posted on the next W&W recruitment drive. I was simply wondering if there was anyone else on the forums that has been in the same boat, or is currently in the same situation. My first preference was Coventry, I would have been sworn in around August time should I have done a little bit better in my interview. :new_shhh: Was wondering if anyone knew when the next W&W Recruitment Drive would be if anyone's heard anything? I…

    • 4 replies
    • 564 views
  11. Policey_Man
    Started by Policey_Man +,

    Hi all, I've heard people refer to BTP "Area Cars" recently, however someone told me that the BTP does not offer level 1 or level 2 driving and that all they offer is level 3 (as response) and level 4 (basic driving). So, I've got two questions:- 1. What is a BTP "Area Car" and what does it do? 2. Do BTP offer level 1 or level 2 driving - if so, what do those drivers do that's different to the level 3 drivers? Thanks

      • Like
    • 46 replies
    • 2.7k views
  12. Dwizzle123
    Started by Dwizzle123,

    Has anyone else received their offer for training on March 17th? Received mine the other day - been waiting a while for it but finally have it!

    • 9 replies
    • 675 views
  13. timtim
    Started by timtim,

    Hello everyone, I unfortunatly failed the last BTP Student Officer recruitment drive...However, I'm still really interested in joining BTP and was wondering if anyone had heard any rumours about when BTP may be recruiting for Student Officers again? Particularly around the London North area. Thank you timtim

      • Like
    • 75 replies
    • 4.2k views
  14. LMAB90
    Started by LMAB90,

    Hi all, I'm not asking or expecting for anyone to give away personal information or tips - All I'd like to ask is whether we will be assigned a topic for our ten minute presentation or whether the presentation can be on a topic of our choice? In regards to the "ability testing", is a report writing exercise included? Or is it just your basic timed verbal and numerical reasoning tests? Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

    • 9 replies
    • 2.6k views
  15. richard_jn
    Started by richard_jn,

    Is the BTP firearms unit only in London or is there a team based in various locations throughout the uk?

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 1.4k views
    Administrative Account

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.