Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. SergeantAngel
    Started by SergeantAngel,

    Anyone give me a link please. Can't find them, wanted a last minute look as the computer I saved the doccument on has broken. Thank you

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 976 views
  2. MindTheGap
    Started by MindTheGap +,

    https://btp.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/channel-1/appcentre-3/brand-2/xf-d66c7f476174/candidate/so/pm/6/pl/1/opp/465-Experienced-Police-Constables-Transferees/en-GB This is not open to SCs

    • 0 replies
    • 661 views
  3. Edward_Strange
    Started by Edward_Strange,

    We're on the news! It seems like Op Guardian has been something of a success - lots of arrests and reports of sexual offences and unwanted sexual behaviour on London transport have quadrupled! Just the other day took a statement from a poor lady who had been 'frottered' (meaning 'to rub') on the Vic line who was really upset at what had happened, understandably so. Without wishing to sound cliché or anything but I'm really proud to be involved in Op Guardian, it's perhaps some of the most important stuff we do and it's great to see the force isn't afraid of facing one of the 'unknown crimes'. And all across the board as well! Loads of plainclothes cops, great use of i…

    • 2 replies
    • 597 views
  4. mwe0
    Started by mwe0,

    Hello, I am considering a move down to London South, Either Guildford or Waterloo (Holmes house/Ebury Bridge). So just looking to speak to any officers based on Response at either of these stations, specials or regs. Thank you

    • 10 replies
    • 1k views
  5. manbearpig
    Started by manbearpig,

    Hey everyone, i attested as a special friday and am now wondering about how to join the Rugby team. If anyone has any contacts or info that would be great Cheeeers

    • 1 reply
    • 607 views
  6. Guest ----
    Started by Guest ----,

    I am trying to understand how BTP appear to be exempt from offering legal advice on the street for interviews conducted away from a police station, where other home office forces are not. How can they have what seems to me as an exemption?

      • Like
    • 55 replies
    • 3.9k views
  7. Tablecloth
    Started by Tablecloth,

    I'm wondering if there are any BTP computers at every main MPS police stations in for BTP officers that take their bandits to MPS custody suites or do they have to make do with going back to a BTP station where one is available because I have heard some MPS stations have BTP login facilities for paperwork etc.

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 1.2k views
  8. molls720021545925971
    Started by molls720021545925971,

    Morning people, Just out of interest do Specials have the opportunity to drive in; A. BTP? B. Safer Travel Team? And is there much opportunity if they are? I can see the need for both having to cover a large distance and not necessarily being able to use public transport for response. I have borrowed a few cars from Centro House before with WMP so know they are available.

    • 3 replies
    • 679 views
  9. DS Warner
    Started by DS Warner,

    I might apply one day for the role of DDO with BTP , It seems that BTP opens up these vacancies in the L areas quite often... Can someone offer some insight into what this role is like? What is the typical job/shift like? What are the additional employee benefits? Do they support ESB? (I ask this one as a trainee SC with the Met)

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views
  10. BTPrecruit
    Started by BTPrecruit,

    I enquired at my local SW Train station about parking for travel up to London and was told as a BTP officer I am entitled to a 75% discount. The normal cost is £101 a month, so I will be paying £25. Apparently I need to provide a form, I assume authorised by BTP, when applying for the parking ticket. Anyone here already taking advantage of this discount?

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1.2k views
  11. mattm_g
    Started by mattm_g,

    Just opened up for london.

    • 20 replies
    • 1.5k views
  12. heather87
    Started by heather87,

    Hi Everyone Would like to hear from people who have passed their assessment for the BTP PCSO posts last month, especially what stages you are at now and how you found the assessment!! I may have even met some of you briefly on the assessment day, mine was on March 23rd. Heather

      • Like
    • 73 replies
    • 4.4k views
  13. Tablecloth
    Started by Tablecloth,

    I'm wondering if there are any BTP computers at every main MPS police stations in for BTP officers that take their bandits to MPS custody suites or do they have to make do with going back to a BTP station where one is available because I have heard some MPS stations have BTP login facilities for paperwork etc.

    • 1 reply
    • 621 views
  14. zaguyinuk
    Started by zaguyinuk,

    Interesting. I wonder whether this will have any impact on policing. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-23144343

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 577 views
  15. rasb0

    Hi, first time poster ("NEWBIE"). The title of the thread is NOT rumour it is fact, talks are ongoing as explained in this thread on the unofficial Traffic Officers forum: http://national-pcso....php?f=3&t=5392 1. What do you know on the subject? 2. What are you thoughts on the subject? 3. How would it be implemented in your opinion? Look forward to your input, thanks

      • Like
    • 113 replies
    • 14.6k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.