Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. Policey_Man

    Hello BTP colleagues, Just out of curiosity, how do you deal with incidents on trains when you have a suspect, a victim and witnesses combined with the pressure of not delaying trains and keeping the system moving? Here, I'm specifically thinking of long-distance trains, where it might be 30-60 minutes before the next scheduled stop and where the suspect/victim/witness might be travelling to all different places along the route. And, if I were to get involved in an incident on a train, as an off duty police officer, what could/should I do to make your job easier when we finally get into a station? If anyone is uncomfortable posting info here, then happy to receive PMs..…

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 1.8k views
  2. MindTheGap
    Started by MindTheGap +,

    https://btp.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/channel-1/system-117/appcentre-3/brand-2/xf-73ea8643f098/candidate/so/pm/6/pl/1/opp/409-New-Special-Constables-NE-NW-only/en-GB

    • 0 replies
    • 822 views
    MindTheGap +
  3. JamesJG
    Started by JamesJG +,

    Good luck anyone who applies.

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. haramzhada
    Started by haramzhada,

    Among other tests and assessments the current fitness requirement to join BTP's Armed Response currently stands at Level 8.6 on the bleep test, compared to 7.6 used by the HO forces. Push/Pull remains at 34kg/35kg this is tested frequently and randomly throughout the year during training days. BTP currently has 53 Armed Response officers Source: Freedom of information request......Why?: Because I'm nosey

      • Like
    • 31 replies
    • 4k views
  5. smoggy1985
    Started by smoggy1985,

    Apologies if this has been answered before. I am travelling down the night before my A/C so I will have a few bits to take with me to get changed into, is there storage for things like my overnight bag at the A/C, I'm just thinking if not I'll have to pay to store it somewhere in London before getting the train back home on the night. Also on a different note, I've got some sample questions from when I did a HO A/C in the maths section for with and without a calculator, I know the HO A/C just changed last year to give people a calculator - can anyone tell me If BTP is the same? Obviously I understand people do the "I can't tell you" thing but the HO force published yes…

    • 2 replies
    • 563 views
  6. Pineappleman
    Started by Pineappleman,

    Just heard that there is now a joint BTP and Networkrail response team based from Waterloo called the EIU (Emergency Intervention Unit). Anyone had experience with this new unit? Is this a good thing having a Networkrail MOM and BTP officer responding? Thoughts.

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 3.4k views
  7. Wally89

    Good evening guys, Currently in the process of BTP recruitment, but currently work for Thames valley police. I have been doing lot's and lot's of research into the force, however I wondered how you see the role of a BTP Constable as being different to other forces? Obvsiouly goes without saying about it being non home office. I have applied for the underground so primarily expect to be spending a high percentage of my time doing high visibility patrols on the trains/stations, providing reassaurance etc. Aswell as tackling violent crime, thefts of property and from person. Do you spend a lot of time single crewed? Would I be correct about any of this? Thanks in advanc…

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 972 views
  8. SergeantAngel
    Started by SergeantAngel,

    I think I already know the answer to this question. If I have sent in a SC application to a HO Service recently (Several weeks), I am not able to apply as a SC for BTP, correct? (Until 6 months after I sent my initial application?) Would like to double check as I get confused at the situation. Would be ideal to be able to apply for both. Thank you in advance.

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 611 views
    SergeantAngel
  9. Ernest
    Started by Ernest,

    Ok peeps. Sought of what the title suggests. I'm getting to know about the BTP and along the way I have found that some police stations are response hubs, and others are NPT stations. So my question really is... If a station doesn't fall into one of those categories what is its function? Or is it a bit of both.

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. paul-stone
    Started by paul-stone,

    Hi, I have just sent in my appilcation for London Underground as a special and had to put down about my conviction from 23 year ago ( if was not for and thing dishonest ). I was drunk one night and flashed a group of ladies by backside. Am I hoping it will not affect my application am I dreaming or is then any hope. Paul

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 883 views
  11. mwe0
    Started by mwe0,

    Looking to speak to any London South Officers, Specifically Guildford/ Inner London Response? Thanks

    • 9 replies
    • 592 views
  12. Tablecloth
    Started by Tablecloth,

    Hello again guys, My cousin applied to be a BTP volunteer (community volunteers) and has an interview on June the 5th! She is wondering how long the process is and what she will be getting involved in? Any ideas? Cheers!

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 1.3k views
  13. Mpt
    Started by Mpt,

    Any information to hand that is BTP Comms Officer specific? I've tried Google, to no avail! I have an interview next week and am trying to read up, I'm all set for the assessment bit, just need to read up on role/force specific parts! Any information is much appreciated.

    • 4 replies
    • 670 views
    Gyser1546081679
  14. Potious
    Started by Potious,

    This question is predominantly aimed at regular officers...It would be great to read your thoughts on gaining promotion through the ranks. I'm aware that you do not need a postgraduate qualification or even an undergraduate qualification in order to reach the rank of an inspector, as per the policing promotion frame work. In fact, you only need to pass your ospre part 1 & 2 and of course your board (now introducing a new frame work - work-based assessment after part 1) to sail through your skippers and guvenors. Well the reality may be different though. My question is has anyone here (or knows of anyone) who has masters or some sort of a postgraduate qualification r…

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 910 views
  15. richard_jn

    As the title says...

    • 7 replies
    • 741 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.