Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. Stephbonsall
    Started by Stephbonsall,

    Hi guys, I'm new to this but wanted your advice/opinions.. I received an email from BTP HR today telling me that I'd passed both medical and vetting, which I was pretty happy about as you can imagine, however I received a further email later on this afternoon from the same guy telling me that I'd failed vetting due to my finance, which as completely confused me. Why pass me then fail me!? My debt is a little over £1000 and is being repaid monthly.. Iv emailed for a review on this situation as I think I deserve one seeing as someone at HR as confused matters, which isn't fair on me. Has anything like this happened to anyone else? Thanks Steph

    • 26 replies
    • 5.7k views
    MindTheGap +
  2. BTPrecruit
    Started by BTPrecruit,

    Anyone currently working in London that can shed some light on the difficulty of getting out and home when the shift ends in the early hours. If officers are driving in where are you generally parking? ( I assume then getting the bus the last bit in) Are there any specific details for Waterloo? I live SW of london outside the M25 and would really like to get a handle on what problems I will face if I am based in central London and my shift ends at 2am. Cheers

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 1k views
  3. Tablecloth
    Started by Tablecloth,

    Does anyone know when the next attestation date is for the BTP specials in London?

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1.4k views
  4. perpetual
    Started by perpetual,

    Today I recieved my email inviting me to an assessment centre in a couple of weeks! I've been reading a lot about them but the majority of posts seem to relate to England, whereas I'm in Scotland (Glasgow). I have a few questions that I'm interested in before I go to the AC 1. How many people on average are at each Assessment Centre? 2. I'm a bit worried about the strength part of the fitness test - I don't lift/push/pull weights at all and never have! I can't really afford to get a gym membership right now so I'll need to rely on lifting some tins of beans and doing push ups etc, but in your experience how difficult/easy is the strength test, considering the fact I'm …

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  5. Foxtrot One One
    Started by Foxtrot One One,

    Just out of curiosity, how do you guys from LU deal with this Hot weather. Because, me, as a passenger can't stand it, so I can't imagine you guys. Are you guys allowed to be out without stabbies & tactical? And what else do you guys do? Thanks ! :new_sweat:

      • Like
    • 32 replies
    • 1.9k views
  6. DocTolly
    Started by DocTolly,

    At a popular london tube station today I saw a btp PCSO with a set of handcuffs attached to his belt. It really confused me, but is this standard procedure in the BTP?

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
  7. tcb1981
    Started by tcb1981,

    anyone know when btp will be recruiting pcso s again in any area?

    • 4 replies
    • 579 views
    MindTheGap +
  8. Apple_iPlod
    Started by Apple_iPlod,

    Advise is welcome from all, not just the regulars. Just wondering how popular working the night shifts are working with the BTP Regulars? Curious as I believe most train stations are closed over night? I'm guessing it goes calmer over night and not so many officers are required to work. Is this correct? How often do the regulars work night shifts compared to the home office force..... ? Devision: North Western. AJS.

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 2.2k views
  9. Rogue One
    Started by Rogue One,

    Sorry - I was taking the other thread off topic so thought I would start a new thread. So some of the others have clarified that a BTP officer CAN ride in the driving cab of a train, something which I wasn't aware of. What would happen if the driver had a SPAD* whilst you were in the cab? Especially if the driver then blamed you for affecting his concentration! I'm not trying to say that it is right or wrong or have any kind of opinion on it, and im not a train driver either! Just purely out of intrigue. * - for those with no railway knowledge a SPAD is a Signal Passed At Danger, basically the driver of a train passes for instance, a red signal with no authority.

      • Like
    • 34 replies
    • 1.8k views
  10. ~DEACTIVATED~
    Started by ~DEACTIVATED~,

    Hi all Are all BTP drivers trained to drive on blues (i.e. is it part of basic training)? I ask as I am a Special with Notts at the moment and I work on response, but only around half the officers have the right ticket to drive on blue lights. Cheers

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.2k views
    GoneForgotten
  11. scnickr
    Started by scnickr,

    Hi Firstly, I'm not after any cheating of the assessment!! I have been invited to an assessment and I'm just a bit concerned about the presentation aspect. I have no problem with speaking but according to the reading material there is quite a few points/questions to remember to say during the presentation. How is the presentation structured? Do you get reminded or almost asked the individual questions and then present or are you expected to remember the whole lot and present all in one go? I know the easy answer for you is to say REVISE but even if I revised during all my spare time between now and the assessment I'm concerned that ill dry up due to forgetting what the…

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1.2k views
  12. Howellj1989
    Started by Howellj1989,

    sorry if this has already been answered but after reading other threads im still a little confused and it appears T&C change often. im currently living in swindon and i start my training in June at spring house. I understand i will be probably be living in accomodation during the week near spring house and then at the weekends will be going back to swindon. Will I be provided with free travel back home on the weekends? and also after training im going to based at Paddington. will my warrant card cover my travel from swindon to paddington each day? thanks james

    • 13 replies
    • 1.3k views
  13. Frank Castle
    Started by Frank Castle,

    Evening all. I've tried to find contacts for LU sports teams(if they exist!) on the intranet, but no luck. I was wondering how the teams are structured and how often training matches/events are. If any can PM me the relevant person to contact details, I'm interested in Football,Boxing,any Martial Arts. Cheers.

    • 1 reply
    • 490 views
  14. Safario
    Started by Safario,

    Hi, Maybe i'm getting a little to carried away with the vetting check and worrying more than I should be. As a teenager, I'm sure we have all had a couple of little mistake we have made.. a few things i'd like to mention I'm worried about that could effect me. 1. A fine issued for a tram I did not pay my fair for due to not having any money on me when I was 15 - 16. It was dealt with by the tram security ticket officers, issued a fine by the post which I paid straight away. (So I'm not sure if this would have gone through the police?). 2. Been stopped by the police a couple of times when younger, drinking on the street, looking suspicious?.. Never caused any problems …

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 831 views
  15. Tome44
    Started by Tome44,

    Just a few questions about the assessment day for anyone who has done it. 1. What kinds of tests are there? I have seen the numeracy one and verbal reasoning. Any others? 2. How is it marked? I've herd maths Is not worth a high percentage etc 3. what questions were you asked? and finally any tips? cheers Tom

    • 2 replies
    • 841 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.