Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. Gooner14
    Started by Gooner14,

    Hi i am Due to start training in London for a PCSO role in February . I was just wondering if i wanted to go home on weekends can i use the train for free or claim back expenses as i live in Nottingham and a train return ticket will cost around 70 pounds? Also i am going to relocate to Birmingham when i do start my job because i will be working in Shrewsbury so i will again be commuting by trains to and from work, does anyone know if i get a railcard or anything to help with the expense?

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 6.2k views
  2. Little T
    Started by Little T,

    Is anyone aware of any persons failing vetting for BTP PCSOs but have had the decision subsequently overturned once the review has been sent to be relooked at. Just thinking of my chances and any pointers

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
  3. blakey
    Started by blakey +,

    Looks like they have Open up for "PCSO's" Good Luck to all https://www.btprecruitment.com/vacancy.asp?token=7C818754EDED6DC8D5EEF94670B3320BBF56E2266DD736E08D0E8F57A942376774F8C6

    • 7 replies
    • 987 views
  4. Jster
    Started by Jster,

    Hey everyone, Could anybody who has completed their BTP PCSO training in London (I think its 8 wks?) please fill me in on what its like? I.e. The sort of things you did, how intensive it was, what the accomodation is like etc. Thank you for any info! J

    • 1 reply
    • 695 views
  5. police_uk
    Started by police_uk,

    Hello, Looking to speak to cops, pcso's from the London Areas mainly within inner london. By this i mean LU, LS like Waterloo. I am a PC for BTP within the North East and possibly considering a move down south in the future and have a few questions. Feel free to PM me or just say where your posted to and ill PM you. Cheers

    • 1 reply
    • 953 views
  6. Rogue One
    Started by Rogue One,

    For anyone that may be interested... Regs only! https://www.btprecruitment.com/vacancies.asp

    • 2 replies
    • 609 views
  7. Mapa
    Started by Mapa,

    I have a friend who is a PCSO with BTP. I wont go into details but hes had some teething problems and is hoping to leave. He really wants to become a PC and I believe that he should stick at being a PCSO because I hear its a good force for internal recruitment. His new plan is to leave BTP and become a prison officer to apply externally elsewhere. I think this is a bad idea considering the state of recruitment at the moment I reckon he should stick it out. As BTP members Do you think being a prison officer might help him or slow his progress?

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. Ryan#
    Started by Ryan# +,

    Hello, I've picked my 5 Universities yet all are far from where I live. I list below the Uni's I've chosen. - Birmingham City University - City University London - London South Bank University - Kingston University - Portsmouth University (Nearest to where I live) I live in Poole, Dorset. Most of these Universities are quite a travel from Poole! I wish to join the British Transport Police as a Special along side my studies...If I get into Birmingham City University. I wish to know, would I be able to transfer for the holidays to Bournemouth or Southampton Central while I'm not at University? Many thanks, RYJM

    • 2 replies
    • 560 views
  9. 37240932704982
    Started by 37240932704982,

    Hi Guys, I did use the search function but didn't find anything relating to what I wanted to ask, so here it goes - As a MetPol applicant, nearing training - would it conflict with the BTP Police Staff role as a CCTV evidence officer? I've tried searching on the websites for the Met as well as BTP but nothing has come up... If anyone has any answers, could you please help out? Much appreciated all!

    • 2 replies
    • 709 views
  10. Frank Castle
    Started by Frank Castle,

    Morning. Are there any threads about what powers BTP PCSOS have? I know they are issued with cuffs, but unsure what powers they have, Thanks.

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 2.1k views
  11. General Purpose
    Started by General Purpose,

    Does anybody know what the BTP ask for in a reference? When I applied to my current force all the asked for was basic information, all 'tick box' things. I'm just wondering what my current force will put in the reference, being an Ex-SC not sure what they can put.

    • 2 replies
    • 701 views
    General Purpose
  12. Frank Castle
    Started by Frank Castle,

    Anyone else on here invited to BTP PCSO assessment centre on 19/1/2013? Good luck if you are!

      • Like
    • 41 replies
    • 6k views
  13. edmund_blackadde
    Started by edmund_blackadde,

    Hi all, During my AC in December, we were told that those of us with the highest scores would be offered a place on the March intake, subject to vetting and references. I had my medical this week - which I think went well - but am yet to hear anything from Recruitment. Has anyone else from the December AC heard anything further? Cheers

    • 14 replies
    • 1.5k views
  14. Londonbased
    Started by Londonbased,

    BTP are recruiting Communications Officers. Details on their website

    • 1 reply
    • 596 views
  15. Rogue One
    Started by Rogue One,

    Hi all. I dont know if Truncheon or anyone else can help. As a member of railway staff and a prospective special, can anyone advise on possible situations which could lead to a conflict of interest between doing ones' day to day job on the railway and acting within the duties of a constable. Anyone else railway staff and a special? How do you find it?

    • 13 replies
    • 907 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.