Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. stamp monkey
    Started by stamp monkey,

    Greetings fellow BTP types. Is anybody working over the sportsday (month) and where will you be? I will be at Stratford on the 2nd August and Wembley on the 11th August. (P.M for details if you are doing likewise and want to buy me a bacon buttie/kebab :new_yes: ) I'm sure I don't have to remind you not to post info' that is "operationally sensitive" but, I did anyway Cheers.. :drinking:

    • 7 replies
    • 890 views
  2. SheriffoftheEast
    Started by SheriffoftheEast,

    Hi All, Ive got an interview for a job back home up in liverpool, and as I am a met special I will have to transfer if I get the job! Whats it like being a special up Wirral/Liverpool way? What duties do specials get to do? Any chance of response? Courses? Im also Level 2 Public Order in the Met... I know LN/LS have a couple of PO2 specials any chance NW region would jump at it? Yes I am Ips and a A/S/SGT. I also work for NWR so have a good idea of the railways! Any info that anyone could give in regards to NW would be much appreciated! Many Thanks Greg

    • 14 replies
    • 1.2k views
  3. gillies88
    Started by gillies88,

    Just wondering exactly who else other than myself & 'PageyBoy87' are starting with BTP as PCSOs on Monday 30th July. I've been offered LU...is that the same for every1? Cheers Gilly

    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views
  4. Truncheon
    Started by Truncheon +,

    Job ref is: 081-2011-SO-ALL To apply and for more information, check out the BTP Recruitment website. Good luck to anyone who applies By the way, I beleive there is an internal applicant route for those who are already a BTP Special and/or BTP Police Staff.

      • Like
    • 1.6k replies
    • 107.8k views
  5. Amz-0
    Started by Amz-0,

    Heya :new_shades: Just found this on youtube and wanted to find out what do you guys think about this situation "BTP PC aren't real policemen :new_rtfm: ?" Thanks Ameur

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 1.7k views
  6. Romeooo

    Event: Special Constabulary Recruitment Event Event Date(s): Saturday 21st July 2012 & Sunday 22nd July 2012 Event Time: Saturday: 0900 – 1400 / Sunday 1000 – 1500 Location: Braehead Shopping Centre, Kings Inch Road Glasgow G51 4BN Event Description: British Transport Police Special Constable Recruitment (SCOTLAND) Special Constables assist BTP in providing an increased uniformed presence within the rail industry. They are expected to serve on a regular basis putting in at least 16 hours per month and deal with a variety of incidents and interacting with our diverse communities. Special Constables wear the same uniform and have the same powers as Regular Office…

    • 0 replies
    • 1k views
  7. MairiAitken
    Started by MairiAitken,

    Hi all passed my final exam today looking forwards to seeing you all out there next week :)

  8. MairiAitken
    Started by MairiAitken,

    HI All, I'm currently waiting on my contract for BTP PCSO should arrive any day now. I will be starting my training in london on the 28th of May and just want to see if there is anyone else on here also starting then? Also for any one who has been through the training whats it like? I'll be stationed at West Ham.... so the olympics will be fun for me. Can't wait to get started hope to see some of you soon.

  9. gillies88
    Started by gillies88,

    Hi all Im a Sussex Police PCSO due to start with BTP as a PCSO in London (subject to vetting) on 30th July. I was wondering if any current PCs PCSOs etc or staff were interested in starting a houseshare in London...or just outside...OR if anyone has a spare room for rent/looking for a new housemate. I've tried the normal spare room sites but thought id ask on here aswell considering there are new intake of PCSOs and PCs going on now and in the near future. Cheers

      • Like
    • 31 replies
    • 3.2k views
  10. Croydon Boy
    Started by Croydon Boy,

    BTP have opened up recruitment for experienced SCs to transfer to us. Vacancies exist nationwide for officers with Independent Patrol Status. Further details at: https://www.btprecruitment.com/vacancy.asp?token=7C818754EDED6DC8D5EEF94072B4320BBF56E2266DD736E08D0E8F57A942376774F8C6 Details on the assessment centre will be confirmed shortly as will training, but it is most likely successful candidates will need to attend a 'transferee Specials' training course which will run in London over three weekends, starting 12/13 May. If anyone is interested in joining the London South Area, feel free to drop me a PM for an informal inquiry.

      • Like
    • 102 replies
    • 6.2k views
  11. Charlotte08
    Started by Charlotte08,

    Hi again all, Sorry to be a pain and keep posting. I'm currently going through the recruitment process for the intake on July 30th 2012.. I've had my day one, had my medical and am going through the reference / vetting stage at the moment. As the Dr from my medical requested a report from my personal GP before submitting me as a pass, this seems to be delaying my application somewhat and i have no idea where i'm at with it now. All i know is that my GP sent the report back as requested (even under the tight deadline) and i now have no idea whether the Harley St GP has the report or if her decision has been passed to HR. I'm aware that people are now starting to get inv…

      • Like
    • 44 replies
    • 2.7k views
    Felix Michael
  12. gillies88
    Started by gillies88,

    Hello all. I was wondering if there are are current serving/recently joined PCSOs who would be able to tell me how quickly the residential passes are sent out. Are these sent with contracts or issued on the first week...or neither? I'll be needing to commute for the first 3-4weeks of training and where I'll be living during that time will mean that if I don't have a pass...I'll be paying out literally hundreds. Id thank all in advance for NO "your just joining the job for free travel" comments. Only relevant responses please! Thank you

    • 7 replies
    • 1.3k views
  13. shinyboots

    Just out of interest, has anyone been contacted recently asking if they'd consider a posting to London? I didn't put the capital as an option when I did the AC, but it may well explain why I don't have a position with them now.

      • Like
    • 49 replies
    • 3.8k views
  14. Danny11546081372
    Started by Danny11546081372,

    Hi Just wonderd if anyone out there knew how long it takes for HR to get back to you letting you know if you have been given the ok to start. I have been on my Assesment day and passed i have had my Uniform fitting (at the Ass day), fitness test, also my references have been all done and sent back. Iv had my Medical which the Dr told me there and then that i was fit for Employment but thats the last iv heard iv tried emailing a couple of people who had contacted me regrading my medical and iv had nothing back. I was informed before my Medical that i would be starting training on the 30th July 2012. I just feel abit in no mans land really dont no what to expect or when il…

    • 13 replies
    • 812 views
    Danny11546081372
  15. Marvelous2062
    Started by Marvelous2062,

    Hi All I have signed and returned my contract for the 2nd July intake, can anyone share some light on what happens between now and the start date? Is it just the waiting game or will we get issued uniform before we start. Any info will be appreciated.

      • Like
    • 68 replies
    • 3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.