Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. hl08
    Started by hl08,

    Hi there, New to this forum so hope I'm doing this right! Just wondering if anyone on here had applied for the London Underground PCSO positions which were advertised the past two weeks. I know the closing date was only 14th of Feb but curious as to when we might hear a response if we have been successful as I know they are not contacting people who have not been successful! Also does anyone know how many people they are recruiting? Many Thanks, Hannah

      • Like
    • 37 replies
    • 3.6k views
  2. DS Warner
    Started by DS Warner,

    hi I am currently applying to the Met and it seems I am still in the Paper Sift. I have not yet come out of it so I am still pre day 1. Can I transfer my application to BTP instead if I please? Or is this not possible

    • 2 replies
    • 796 views
    SM17HY1546081268
  3. MairiAitken
    Started by MairiAitken,

    Hi everyone, I'm currently in the process of recruitment with the BTP as a PCSO. My employers have been asked for references (which they have duly sent back) does anyone know if this means I have passed vetting or could this still be going on? I'm having to sit on my hands to not phone recruitment and play the waiting game. will they call me, or will I recieve a letter if I'm through?

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 551 views
  4. AdamC
    Started by AdamC,

    Does anybody know when the next intake for BTP is to be expected? I'm a Merseyside Special and missed out on last years intake due. My friend was successful and is now down in London having a ball, he is adamant that BTP will be having a second intake over 2012, any idea when it will be? Thanks!

      • Like
    • 37 replies
    • 5.8k views
    Shadow161546081169
  5. Police Constable 1
    Started by Police Constable 1 +,

    Well its been announced we are to finally police the motorways and we are to start policing the docks again. I assume others have heard about it as well, officers are to be trained up on further road traffic legislation to assist in policing the motorways, advanced driving is to be offered to all response officers and NPT's are to be set up to cover the routes. With regards to the docks, Officers will be tasked to patrol these as well as their normal duties so we could be responding to a level crossing one minute and a ferry the next...... Due to the nature of the areas to be policed, officers will be issued white hats that must be carried at all times as well as custod…

    • 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
  6. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    Hi All, BTP has opened up a vacancy for DDOs if anyone is interested? The location is central London. I have a lack of knowledge with regards to DDOs, so can someone help me answer the following questions. It will be very much appreciated. 1) Does being a DDO give you valuable experiance? Valuable enough to help you in the recruitment process for the position of Police Constable. 2) What is better PCSO or a DDO? 3) If you had to choose between a PCSO or a DDO, what would you choose? And why would you choose that job position? 4) Do many DDOs apply to become a PC? If so are they more likely to be successful than their counterparts, PCSOs? 5) What does a DDO earn m…

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 4.6k views
  7. Immigration Doge
    Started by Immigration Doge,

    Here's something I've been reading and don't quite get... Am I reading this correctly... are you telling me it takes a whole year before you complete training and actually go out on patrol? Surely you can't go out on patrol without knowing the bits in part 2? EDIT: Spellingz

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. PC H
    Started by PC H,

    Has anyone applied In the recent drive? Has anyone heard back? Cheers!!

      • Like
    • 167 replies
    • 14.8k views
  9. hl08
    Started by hl08,

    Hey! Did anyone else get a call for the BTP PCSO assessment for this Saturday? Can anyone give me a few clues on what to expect in the test? Not asking for a word for word account of the questions as I don't want to cheat but just a jist of what kind of things they will ask? Also is the fitness test really hard? I'm worried about the push and pull test! Thanks!

      • Like
    • 61 replies
    • 8.2k views
  10. Cardiff Bluebirds
    Started by Cardiff Bluebirds,

    As most you will already know BTP advertised for experinced Special Constables to apply to transfer across to the BTP at stations across the county. The closing date was the end of last month if I remember correctly. The lines closed and some votes were lost of course as it usual with HRBC. Anyway, the advert has be relisted with a revised closing date now of 23/03/12. The assessment centres booked for the weekend of 31/03 - 01/04 have also been cancelled. This is due to the HRBC not getting enough applications to provide them with enough people to mess about, run rings around and generally upset and demoralise. Seriously though they havent had enough applicants. They …

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 862 views
  11. jemz1546620088
    Started by jemz1546620088,

    I'm currently a serving pc and for the last few years i've been trying desperately to transfer to the south west, either Devon and Cornwall or Dorset. It's clear that nothing is likely to happen any time soon so i've been looking at transferring to BTP if/when they open up for transferees in the south west. My main reason for doing this is that its likely to be quicker as BTP are still actively recruiting transferees (although they all seem to be up north at the moment!) My ambition is to work traffic which is obviously a non-starter with BTP, but the main focus for me at the moment is to just get back down south, after all it is just a job. Has anyone transferred from …

    Cardiff Bluebird
  12. Bobbie
    Started by Bobbie,

    Hi BTP world if there is anyone on here based at the above I would love a chat and pick your brains on a few matters. Drop me a PM if you can help

    • 12 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. Sunshinepolice
    Started by Sunshinepolice,

    Hi - I am new to this site so not sure if this is the right place to ask my many burning questions but I am going to give it a go.... I was wondering if anyone had any experience working for BTP FCRL? What's it like? What are your shift patterns like? Do you spefically deal with sending out police officers to incidents or is it also the first contact stuff too? Is there any chance of a recriutment drive happening for this role in the future? I know there were vacancies about a month ago but I didnt get through it. Any help/response would be appreciated. Thank You

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 2.7k views
    Sunshinepolice
  14. Dizzydee
    Started by Dizzydee,

    BTP Scotland is recruiting for regulars! Source

      • Like
    • 29 replies
    • 3.4k views
  15. Truncheon
    Started by Truncheon +,

    I stumbled across an FOI request made to BTP about their police officer recruitment campaign in June/July 2011. Some of the statistics may surprise people. In a nutshell... 3945 people applied to join BTP as a PC! Now this is where it gets interesting. As of 19th September 2011... 52 people passed the assessment centre. Of these 52... 35 were MOPs 3 were police staff 2 were detention officers 7 were PCSOs and just 5 were Specials! Ouch.

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 2.1k views
    Cardiff Bluebirds

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.