Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. HC999
    Started by HC999,

    Hello all, does any body have an idea or inkling of when recruitment could re-open? I regularly check the recruitment section but to no avail. Any information of any upcoming campaigns would be much appreciated. Many thanks, and have a good evening :-)

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.5k views
  2. A_Venn
    Started by A_Venn * ,

    Hi Im just wondering if any one else has been given a conditional offer for the Feb 2012 intake? I got mine through the post on Sat.

    • 4 replies
    • 1.2k views
  3. Mitch26
    Started by Mitch26,

    Hello all, I have received a prov offer over the phone for Bristol with BTP on the Feb intake, and just wondered if any PC'S, SC'S or PCSO'S based there? There is not much on the website for Bristol I assume there is no NPT and it is just response?

  4. louise1546620616
    Started by louise1546620616,

    Hi there, can anyone give any information as to what I am to expect in the a/c for the BTP. Any advice will be appreciated. I am wondering if there are any role plays involved? All I have been told is there will be a fitness test, testing, and an interview, was wondering what the interview is based on, also what the testing is? Many thanks.

    • 0 replies
    • 593 views
    louise1546620616
  5. Potious
    Started by Potious,

    Hi Guys, This question may have already been asked on this forum if so, I couldn't find it anywhere.( my appologies) What uniform/equipments are issued to new BTP SC's? Do they also get issued with the "exclusive PDA's"? Thanks guys!

      • Like
    • 107 replies
    • 10.7k views
  6. Rotty28
    Started by Rotty28,

    Ladies and Gents: I would like to take this opportunity to say goodbye to the people I know on the UKPolice website and those who don't know me can read my story. As some of you are aware I had applied to Lancashire Constabulary in 2008 and after passing the process I was awaiting an intake date. However this fell through due to budget cuts (the Govt) or whatever you want to call it. From that I swore I wouldn't put myself through the process again except I did. In 2011 I applied for the BTP and after a confusing Application Sift (I'm sure some of you can relate) I was lucky enough to be invited on the assessment centre. On the assessment centre I was told there was no…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
  7. Guest cu8406
    Started by Guest cu8406,

    Afternoon all, Attending a course with dress state "Shirt sleeve order". In the MET forum they are having a barny over what exactly that means. Some say long sleeve with tie, others say short sleeve no tie. Anyone able to clarify this in BTP's world? Many thanks, 06

      • Like
    • 41 replies
    • 4.3k views
    Police Constable 1 +
  8. Police Constable 1
    Started by Police Constable 1 +,

    https://www.btprecruitment.com/vacancy.asp?token=7C818754EDED6DC8D5EEF94175B3320BBF56E2266DD736E08D0E8F57A942376774F8C6 edit: I believe its for just Birmingham

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 2.3k views
  9. Headset57
    Started by Headset57,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk...gazine-15062064 A train operator wants the law changed to tackle the rise in metal thefts. But what are the serious and sometimes strange consequences of this crime wave? One copper cable theft from a railway line. The result? A total of 108 trains delayed, 17 hours worth of hold-ups for thousands of passengers and damage put at over £80,000. Plus, probably, £50 for the thieves. And these are the consequences of just one of three thefts in West Yorkshire on the East Coast Main Line in a single night last month. Network Rail, which is responsible for the UK's rail infrastructure, says the situation is getting worse. On average there are currently…

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1.6k views
  10. Police Constable 1
    Started by Police Constable 1 +,

    Someone has just asked me what the salary is for PCSO's, it states on the recruitment site its around £18,000, and doesnt mention shift allowance. I was always under the impression they were on about £23,000 if not slightly more Anyone know?

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 9.9k views
  11. eski
    Started by eski,

    I noticed that there is already a 'what do you do' topic for regs however I can't seem to find a similar post for BTP PCSO's. How different are the role and duties to that of HO PCSO's.

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 1.6k views
  12. phillip_davies
    Started by phillip_davies,

    From all you fellow BTP people, just wondering what to expect from the BTP assesment centre?

      • Like
    • 45 replies
    • 6.3k views
  13. Loudand
    Started by Loudand,

    Did anyone else see Ross Kemp on Gangs on Sky 1 last night? He joins BTP officers on the LU targeting pick pockets, he also attends FHQ.

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.6k views
  14. ChrisDavies
    Started by ChrisDavies * ,

    Hi, Apologies if this topic is covered anywhere else, but here goes... Has anyone else had confirmation that they are part of the November intake starting initial recruitment training on the 21/11/11? I have been given my formal offer for becoming a constable based in Reading. I'm just waiting to find out if i get the accommodation in Bernard Morgan House now. Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 688 views
  15. campbell22
    Started by campbell22,

    Hi has anyone heard anything from HR as to how they did at the assessment centre

    • 7 replies
    • 1.2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.