Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. mwe0
    Started by mwe0,

    Hopefully will be starting in september and just wanted to maybe say hello to anyone else who could be starting. Area applied for - North Eastern Passed Paper sift, AC, Medical, references went off today so just vetting to clear i believe. Looking to stay in london at the accommodation provided, hoping because i live around an hour and twenty minutes away i will be able to if not guess i will commute. mike

      • Like
    • 157 replies
    • 8k views
  2. TomHolmes
    Started by TomHolmes,

    Hello all, I recently saw a police officer, I'm pretty sure I saw British Transport Police on the back, in the cab of a london underground train? I'm just wondering, what are the rules on this?

      • Like
    • 97 replies
    • 6k views
  3. swcruise2
    Started by swcruise2,

    Hi,can anyone tell me what the phone number is for that all important call. thnx

    • 5 replies
    • 974 views
  4. Btpspecial
    Started by Btpspecial,

    is there any railway staff out there who are specials

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 2.1k views
  5. Miki
    Started by Miki,

    I'm asking because this happened the other day while I was on my way to the nick and the officer that attended in the first instance told me later she had no clue what to do (she's very experienced and not often stumped). A HGV had gone under the bridge and despite ripping the top of his wagon off he was completely oblivious to the fact he didn't fit and kept on going though to the other side. He wasn't a British driver. The bridge is part of the central train station and as such is very large and sturdy, it's also quite busy (as are the roads around it), especially as it was around 5pm. Other than the obvious of closing the road and calling an engineer, what else ne…

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 2.4k views
  6. Btpspecial
    Started by Btpspecial,

    THE AREA COVERS FROM CREWE TO CARLISLE IN THE NORTH ANY SPECIAL CONSTABLS HERE

      • Like
    • 36 replies
    • 2.9k views
  7. Romeo Uniform
    Started by Romeo Uniform,

    Hello all! Let me introduce myself. My name is Adam and I'm a Special Constable from Lancashire Constabulary with 3 years experience. I'm transferring over to the British Transport Police after deciding that I wanted some new challenges, a change of scenery and somewhere a bit closer to home. It also makes sense, being rail staff! I'm going to be stationed at Lancaster. I start my training this weekend! It is all very exciting. In September I am planning to study the third year of BSc (Hons) Policing, Investigation and Criminology at the University of Cumbria. This requires me to write a dissertation on a police related subject - I am looking to write it about the utili…

    • 0 replies
    • 669 views
  8. mwe0
    Started by mwe0,

    Hello, Have now been given my posting to Nottingham and will be coming to Nottingham around February if i have worked out my dates right. Just wandering if there are any regulars/specials/pcso's who work out of nottingham and could tell me whats it's like. Be good to know a few names before i go there to probably. mike

    • 2 replies
    • 1k views
    Police Constable 1 +
  9. Sgt Bilko v2
    Started by Sgt Bilko v2,

    Anyone have an idea what training response drivers get for BTP? Only the other day I was overtaken on my way to a job by a (Vivaro?) BTP Van. It was going so fast the livery was almost peeling off. Oh, and to the cute officer driving it, if you go come off at J5 like that again, you are likely to tip something of that height. Just ask the local force......

    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. police_uk
    Started by police_uk,

    Hello, Have now been given my posting to Nottingham and will be coming to Nottingham around February if i have worked out my dates right. Just wandering if there are any regulars/specials/pcso's who work out of nottingham and could tell me whats it's like. Be good to know a few names before i go there to probably. mike

    • 0 replies
    • 696 views
  11. police_uk
    Started by police_uk,

    Hello, First of all thanks for everyone help and good luck to those still waiting, have been posted to Nottingham and can't wait for initial training to start in london just wandering how the accommodation works. I do believe their is accommodation available and to be honest wouldn't be impossible to commute would much rather live in London Monday to Friday just wandering how much Accommodation BTP have for new recurits and how they go about allocating this. Do you think i will get a room, it takes me around an hour and 20 mins from Kettering station to training Centre. mike

    a Kindly Beast
  12. Headset57
    Started by Headset57,

    Bridge strike and road vehicle incursion onto the roof of a passing train near Oxshott station http://www.raib.gov.uk/publications/investigation_reports/reports_2011/report132011.cfm

    • 0 replies
    • 937 views
  13. theinsomniac2002
    Started by theinsomniac2002,

    I received my BTP contract this morning and am a bit confused with some of the information I have been given. I am going to be residing at the City of London Polices section house Bernard Morgan on Golden Lane and am wondering whether or not meals are provided? On some of the information it says that meals are not included but on another form it says that iall crockery must be returned to the restaurant. Help me!

    • 23 replies
    • 6.1k views
  14. exrecon
    Started by exrecon,

    I'm currently a student officer but its miles away from London where I live. Are there any BTP officers that started in another force that could offer info or words of wisdom? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

    • 2 replies
    • 650 views
  15. Robert B-M
    Started by Robert B-M,

    How long does it take for initial officer safety training to be completed in the BTP? Thanks in advance.

    • 17 replies
    • 1.2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.