British Transport Police
Subforums
-
This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.
999 topics in this forum
-
Apart from slow IT systems, it makes for interesting reading. HMIC Inspection Report
-
Howdy guys! Was just wondering whether anyone on the grapevine had heard about whether BTP would be opening up the (PC) transfer lists, what with the doors being open for new probationer PCs? The most recent vacancies were for specific 'Metal Theft Teams' nationwide, but I was wondering whether there would be any transfers for non-specialised uniform roles. Good Luck to all those with applications in the process!
-
Hello everyone who is waiting, When I spoke to recruitment last month they said that we would have an update by the end of April. Has anyone been contacted yet? I am still waiting. I will give it untill next week then I will give recruitment a call. Many thanks
-
-
- 101 replies
- 19.3k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi all! I'm a serving BTP special applying to become a BTP Regular. I'm wondering what the process is when transitioning from a Special to a Regular (in BTP or any force). Do you have to "resign" as a Special beforehand? Do you have to be attested again, or are you just 'upgraded' in status? Would you cease to hold the Office of Constable at any point? Do you keep the same collar number / email address? Do you keep your existing uniform? Or do you literally go through the entire process exactly the same as a new starter? Theoretically, could you continue being an operational Special on weekends throughout the training period (assuming you were in-date with everythin…
-
Hi, I am getting frantic because I looked at the PC vacancy earlier when I registered on the website and now I cannot get the appliation form up to fill it in and it says I can't get it up because ive already registered for that vacancy! Does anybody know how I can download the applicaton form again????!!! Thanks
-
Theres alot of old posts kicking round from the 2010 intake, so just wanted to start this new and updated one so people who have applied in June 2011 including myself can talk about any issues with application forms, AC etc. Has anyone heard any news on the applications? Mine went in on the 21/06/11, wasn't sure if they even start marking them before the early July deadline?
-
Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this question on the application form clearly a typo in the title of this topic!
-
Hello just a few questions i got regarding BTP Police constable, i know the policing within london and other areas could vary however i wanted to know specifically within North West Region, Preston. 1 - What would be the main jobs for BTP within a small city like preston? 2 - do BTP just patrol railways and mobile around railways? 3 - As i can see BTP can be Response Trained and so on, so is this ever used? 4 - DO BTP carry out HO police duties such as responding to Incidence Response? 5 - IF you join the BTP would it be a straight transfer to a HO force, can this also be done after 1 year e.g. before finishing probation, and if possible would you need to complete …
-
Hey all, was wondering if any other BTP specials used NCALT e-learning? If so...how the hell do you use it and how to you select courses? Thanks
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-13338881 More innovative technology is being brought in to combat the problem of cable theft.Network Rail says last year, passengers were delayed by more than 6000 hours because of the problem. Criminals are targeting the cables to sell the metal they contain as scrap. An increase in copper prices led to incidents rising by more than 50% last year. Network Rail's Steven Haulston showed our transport correspondent, Richard Scott, some of the devices being used to stop the thefts. Still, at least the thieves now know what to look out for1 and no hi viz mr reporter....
-
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/252162/British-Transport-Police-train-vandalised *mourns*
-
Hi, do BTP officers still wear the custodian helmets?
-
I'm struggling to get any reply from BTP to an initial query regarding transfer. I'm about to try a third email address from this site. Does any body know if the addresses are valid? https://www.btprecru...ter_contact.asp I've tried a mail to this address – no reply policeofficerrecruitment@btp.pnn.police.uk And this one – no reply transfereerecruitment@btp.pnn.police.uk Is there an address that I will get a reply? regards
-
There is a debate going on at work at the moment and i would like to know what you guys think. Railway fatalitys, BTP will attend and deal with the incident and sometimes the locals will attend however if it is deemed a crime who would deal with the investigation? My understanding is that the local force chief officer and the BTP chief officer will decide together who investigates it. is that correct?
-
Hi all - We are currently recruiting for a Section Officer at our Ashford Police post in Kent. The equivalent of a Special Sergeant in some forces, the Section Officer will be responsible for providing leadership to our team of six Special Constables who work with regular officers policing the rail network throughout Kent. Further details and online application at: https://www.btprecruitment.com/vacancy.asp?token=7C818754EDED6DC8D5EEF94177B4320BBF56E2266DD736E08D0E8F57A942376774F8C6 This is open to external as well an internal candidates (serving members of a Special Constabulary in another force with Independent Patrol status), closing date 3rd June.