British Transport Police
Subforums
-
This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.
999 topics in this forum
-
Anyone got any idea when wales and western will next be recruiting in brum area? cheeeers
-
Hello Small question. 1, Is there a free version of the 15m bleep test available on the ipod? 2, Can you tell me where to get the bleep test from? Thank you very much! iGeneration Old Girl
-
I have just registered with the BTP's website. Wondering if people have any information about the current state of play with recruitment, i.e. how often to vacancies come up, how big is the waiting list, do they tend to recruit in batches (one assumes so) and when that might next be happening? Many Thanks.
-
I'm wondering if there any BTP in Sheffield on here? There is a chance I could be joining here so wondered if anyone was about on here? Chris
-
I apologise if this has been covered elsewhere but i can't find it. I realise that there is a 'What i did on duty' thread in the general discussion forum, but there doesn't seem to be a great deal on the BTP side of things. I'm currently awaiting a training start date after completing the application & vetting process' as are a number of other guys and girls on my intake. I would be grateful if any of the SC's, PC's, PCSO's etc on here could give us some insight into a days work of a BTP officer. I'm really eager to get going and i'm guessing the others on my intake our too so this will help us build up a picture of what to expect. There is a day in the life sect…
-
All, I'm writing this to hear both opinions and possible facts/ rumours (if they exist) on future recruitment for BTP Regulars, (possibly specific to London South/North or L Area). I'm an SPC, who has joined with the ambition of becoming a full-time regular at some point. In order to achieve this i'm attempting to establish myself as a commited special, putting in as many hours as I can, and getting my PDP signed off in order to be considered competent, (not just in my own right, but considered competent by my colleagues). I would like to hear from any current Regulars (if they are on here), that made the transition from BTP SPC to BTP PC.... I've seen a couple of po…
-
http://www.btp.presscentre.com/Media-Releases/NEW-POLICE-STATION-OPENS-ITS-DOORS-TO-RAIL-PASSENGERS-AND-STAFF-AT-LEEDS-13a4.aspx British Transport Police (BTP) has celebrated the opening of a new state of the art police station at Leeds railway station, which has been designed to improve the service the force offers. The new station, which is located on Station Approach outside the station’s main entrance, has been constructed to replace the existing, out-dated, facility previously located inside the station. The station operates 24 hours a day and houses over 53 officers including the local Neighbourhood Policing Team and Crime Investigation Department (CID). Dignit…
-
Just in case anyone didn't know, London North area is now accepting applications for Specials!
-
hey guys im a special in essex and just wondered what BTP were like im thinking of going for them as a reg and just wanted a brief outline of what they do and what happens on a day to day basis Thanks
-
Anyone else at the Fitness test this Saturday, in Manchester? Interesting venue...
-
Hi everyone, Just a quick question. i have been looking at officers trouser heights on tv & pictures and they all seem to be worn on the hips, however when i was measured i was around belly button height giving me a 'simon cowell' look. Is this where everyone wears theirs?
-
24 Jan 2011 10:50PASSENGERS TO BENEFIT AS BTP OFFICERS MOVE INTO OXFORD STATION Passengers using Oxford rail station will benefit from an increased police presence after the introduction of a dedicated new British Transport Police (BTP) team at the station. Six BTP officers will form the new team, dedicated to policing the rail network from Charlbury, through Oxford and down to Reading. Members of the public can meet the team at the official launch on Friday, 28 January, which will be attended by Chief Superintendent Mark Smith, Area Commander for BTP’s London North Area, First Great Western Director of Communications Sue Evans and Nicola Blackwood, MP for Oxford W…
-
The new SOP on Dress and Appearance was finalised last August. Parts of it seemed very sensible and were good, whilst others seem ridiculous. Good - Ability to wear short sleeve shirt open necked at any time of the year at the WEARER's discretion. Previously it was unfair that a Sgt who has traditionalist views for his team should make you sweat and feel uncomfortable whilst you can see another team on duty at the same time, whose Sgt would say 'the suns out, ties off" Good - beard has been defined. Too many people with 5 o clock shadow type fashion stubble. A beard looks fine. Clean shaven looks fine. But 'fashion stubble' just says to me that you savoured an extra 10 …
-
Just a quick hello to everyone. I have just received a call from HR confirming that I have been successful to which i'm over the moon about. A few others that were on my course I know have joined also. Look forward to working with you all soon enough. Going to be based at one of the below York Sheffield Nottingham Leeds
-