Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. Skeptocynic
    Started by Skeptocynic,

    Hi all, Does anyone know the BTP recruitment standpoint on sickness absence for new PCs? I have scoured their web site and come up blank - it would seem they do not have a published cut off point. The form asks for sickness days from work over the last 3 years. I have had a dozen or so in the last year (mostly due to swine flu) but only one day in the two years previous to that. Any ideas please? Many Thanks.

    • 11 replies
    • 2.4k views
  2. pottheed
    Started by pottheed,

    I am interested in transferring to BTP (specials) but it says on their website they are not recruiting, does anyone have an idea when they will be? if/when they do, do all BTP offices have specials attached, or only some? thanks!!

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. Iron_man
    Started by Iron_man,

    Hi guys, having a few problems at my nick, been told recently that I'm only going to be used for 1 shift every 2weeks and that that is only when there are events etc on to make use of me. I'm concerned as this obviously means that I won't be meeting my minimum hours requirements and most defiantly won't be getting competencies signed off. Iv made it clear that I am able and willing to do more shifts, but iv been told any more that I offer WILL be turned down. Have any other BTP SCs experienced this problem?

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 1.7k views
  4. 786
    Started by 786,

    Has anyone else been invited, what preparations are you undertaking what advice would give.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.3k views
  5. EvoChris
    Started by EvoChris,

    Did anyone else receive an e-mail saying your application had been successful? thanks chris

    • 7 replies
    • 1.2k views
  6. Simlam
    Started by Simlam,

    I known that BTP have 2 control rooms one in London and one in Birmingham along with a first contact centre also in Birmingham,my question is are the any police officers based in the control rooms? also is the any police staff supervisors and what is the structure of the control rooms.

      • Like
    • 35 replies
    • 4k views
    fodfather1546081026
  7. Truncheon
    Started by Truncheon +,

    Great news for those who like police programmes. Rail Cops is being repeated on Watch - a TV channel on Sky and Virgin Media TV. You can catch it tonight (07/01/10) from 22:00. For more information check out their website.

      • Like
    • 43 replies
    • 6.2k views
    killicksparker
  8. Kris_104
    Started by Kris_104,

    Hey, I am in the process of applying for BTP Specials in the North West and am through to medical stage. I was wondering if I get through it all does anyone know where the training takes place? Would it be in Manchester or might we have to go somewhere further afield?

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 859 views
    Melissajane83
  9. mrjoeblogg123
    Started by mrjoeblogg123,

    Does anyone have a contact number for recruitment? I want to ask them a quick question about my application form, basically I got a copy of the form as I had asked them a question and sent it from work and it looked a lot neater than the one i received at home and want to know if this something they will fail me on the one I sent them from home.

    • 4 replies
    • 3.6k views
  10. Sergeant Colon
    Started by Sergeant Colon,

    Evening all, I've just completed my application and i'm attempting to upload it via the website. This is proving to be an absolute nightmare. Using Google Chrome I can't select the role i'm applying for, it just says "undefined", and pressing the submit button has no effect. Even worse, using Internet Explorer, I can't even login... As such, I was wondering if anyone knows of a workaround to these problems. Failing that, is there an email address that you can submit your application to? The website lists the "policeofficerrecruitment" address, but doesn't state if its only for general enquiries or the submission of applications. I would ordinarily ring recruitment mys…

    • 11 replies
    • 1.3k views
    Police Constable 1 +
  11. Stokie111
    Started by Stokie111,

    I am applying for the current BTP Police constable recruitment and am just wondering on the competancy questions should i mention a scenario that ive been involved with as a special because i cant think of another outside of the 'role'?

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1.3k views
  12. james2010
    Started by james2010,

    Anyone else travelling from Manchester to London for the ssessment centre on the 10th? Just thought I'd see how many of us there are.

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. mrmotivator
    Started by mrmotivator,

    Sorry to dust off an old chestnut here.... I've tried looking and can't find it anywhere on here. Is anyone else having problems inputting an answer for the last question regarding resilience? My application form doesn't offer a grey box to enter anything and it clearly says that you can't use the continuation sheet to answer any of the competency questions.... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers me dears.

    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views
  14. Jimmy1546080809
    Started by Jimmy1546080809,

    Hey, Im currently thinking of applying to BTP for the September intake, and i apologise if this is in the wrong section, but, im from Liverpool and would have the intention of being posted within the Northwest, with preference on Preston or Manchester. The question i wanted to ask is, at what stage of the process do they tell you your station posting? And is anyone aware of the number of vacancies they have at present within the Northwest region. Cheers for any replies in advance. Jimmy (Shrek86)

    • 9 replies
    • 1.8k views
  15. Ryan_01
    Started by Ryan_01,

    Just wondering has everybody received an email back upon sending the application form ? Just to confirm HR have got it. Myself and a couple of others in our station have sent it from our BTP intranet emails yet didn't get an automated receipt. May have to send it again.

    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
    Enraged flea 1

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.