Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. shinyboots
    Started by shinyboots,

    Hi all, As an applicant to the current BTP recruiting drive, I was just wondering whether PTS forms part of the initial training for new officers, in common with all other persons requiring access to Network Rail infrastructure(trackside)? I once had my LUL Fire and Track Access cards(now expired)so I guess LUL officers need that too? Shiny

      • Like
    • 46 replies
    • 3.8k views
  2. Headset57
    Started by Headset57,

    want to transfer to be AFO as suspected they can't fill the internal slots! CNC / MDP will not be considered ( section 2 of info pack ) https://www.btprecru...7A942376774F8C6 close 08/08/11

    • 22 replies
    • 4k views
  3. maverick1231546620740
    Started by maverick1231546620740,

    A brand new BBC3 documentary series is looking for serving and retired police officers to tell us about the funniest and strangest things that have happened to them during their career. We’d like to hear about: • The daftest or most incompetent criminals you’ve ever encountered. • The funniest thing that ever happened to you during your time on the force. If you are interested in taking part, please contact us so that we can tell you a bit more about the show. We’d also love to hear your stories. Our programme will provide an insight into best practices, celebrate the achievements of the police and convey a strong central message: Crime doesn’t pay and …

    • 0 replies
    • 423 views
    maverick1231546620740
  4. Melissajane83
    Started by Melissajane83,

    Hi Guys, Sorry I know this may have been asked already but I cant find it. What do you recommened you should go to your fitness in?? Should you go in smart clothes or in your fitness stuff?? Also does anyone recommend anything to take with you i.e lucozade drink etc.... Any advice would be nice.... P.s: Fitness is tomorrow x

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  5. Loudand
    Started by Loudand,

    Does anyone have a direct number for the area clothing officer?? Thanks in advance,

    • 1 reply
    • 751 views
  6. EvoChris
    Started by EvoChris,

    Wondering if someone could help, I am looking for BTP Tie pins, could anyone point me in the right direction, have searched for a while. Kind Regards, Chris

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.5k views
    fodfather1546081026
  7. Alexcc2
    Started by Alexcc2,

    I am a Special with Essex Police and we are allowed to drive marked cars and pull cars over. Are Specials in the BTP allowed to drive, make stops or drive response? Also do the regular's do this often or do they mostly do foot patrol on the trains? Thanks

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 1.9k views
  8. Truncheon

    London South (ref 052-2011-SPC-LS) have vacancies at: Ashford, Brighton, Dartford, Guildford, London Bridge, Portsmouth, Richmond, Southampton and London Victoria stations only. London Underground (ref 053-2011-PO-LU) have vacancies for these lines: Jubilee (North, East and Stratford), District East and DLR, Bakerloo, Victoria, Piccadilly, Metropolitan, Northern, Central, Victoria and Circle. For more information and to apply, go to the BTP recruitment website. Closing date for is 30th May - good luck!

      • Like
    • 98 replies
    • 5.7k views
  9. sb871546081077
    Started by sb871546081077,

    https://btprecruitment.com/vacancy.asp?token=7C818754EDED6DC8D5EEF94175B5320BBF56E2266DD736E08D0E8F57A942376774F8C6 Just to rub salt in the wounds of their recruitment team - they're adding recruitment of PCSOs to the pile of work!

      • Like
    • 54 replies
    • 5.1k views
  10. police_uk
    Started by police_uk,

    Just out of interest does anyone know what training style BTP follow for new PC'S. I do believe there are two, the IPLDP and then the diploma in policing as well. Just wandering really what BTP do?

    • 2 replies
    • 901 views
  11. EvoChris
    Started by EvoChris,

    I know it personal preference but with OST around the corner I am wondering where BTP officers keep there CAPTOR spray as we can have our belts on or our PDA Vests. I have tried it on the belt and gets in the way occassionaly. On the PDA vest it doesnt pull away straight away....both has it downsides.

    • 8 replies
    • 1.7k views
  12. CountyCop
    Started by CountyCop +,

    Hey guys I have quick question, im in the BTP reg app process at the moment and was wondering how their radios are tuned. (I dont want any operational info) Im hoping if all goes well I will be posted to Leicester which is a small staion only 3 or 4 officers, now if I press the red button will officers from Leicestershire police attend the call? Im just wondering because Leicester is a pretty big busy city.

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 3k views
  13. Miki
    Started by Miki,

    Hi, Apologies if this has already been answered somewhere but this is a rather active board and haven't found it yet. Does anyone know where the training is held for new officers (regs). I've applied and because I have kids I'd like to make sure I'm fully prepared, just in case. It's quite a short time frame for the recruitment process so I don't want to be running around last minute making arrangements should I get in. Cheers

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 2k views
    Police Constable 1 +
  14. Melissajane83
    Started by Melissajane83,

    Does anybody know why the people who are going for the fitness test for SC are to arrive at different times and is this a common procedure? Thanks

    • 10 replies
    • 906 views
    Melissajane83
  15. police_uk
    Started by police_uk,

    Hello, I passed the assessment centre on Saturday the 9th of July, and now have medical and vetting to clear and from what I believe will be starting on the September intake. Just wondering if there is anyone else out there in the same boat, be good to get to know some people who I could be training with. mike

    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.