Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. MeanMachine22
    Started by MeanMachine22,

    One of my old colleagues and good friends is off sick from BTP with a possible life changing illness. Rather than help him, BTP with their new robust sickness policy are trying to sack him with stage 1 & 2 for sickness. Their sickness policy is inhuman and terrible. I'm glad I transferred when I did. Anyone on her shed some light on the BTP sickness policy for me as an employment solicitor is his next step. Many thanks

  2. jonnym
    Started by jonnym,

    I'm looking for some contact details of SCs / SSgts etc who work on the thameslink route - looking at between borehamwood and st albans. We are trying to put together a operation involving our railway station and would be nice to get some BTP SCs involved. If any one can help, PM me and ill send you police email to continue the discussion. Cheers, Jon

    • 2 replies
    • 696 views
  3. stamp monkey
    Started by stamp monkey,

    Just a quick thank you to all of you that worked on NYE, wherever it was (I was at Leicester Sq) and for whichever force it was. I couldn't have done it without you Stay safe in 2012...

    • 0 replies
    • 631 views
  4. 2344
    Started by 2344,

    [media][/media] The video called ScotRail No Ticket was posted onto YouTube three days ago and has already been viewed almost 200,000 times. The incident happened on a ScotRail service between Edinburgh and Perth on Friday night when a ticket conductor caught a teenager trying to travel with a single ticket that was only valid in the opposite direction. After realising the ticket was not valid and that the young man was not going to pay the fare, the conductor told the driver to stop the train until the lad got off. A shouting match ensued, with the conductor insisting, "we will sit here all night. Why should they pay and not you?" as the youth swears at him. One…

      • Like
    • 200 replies
    • 15.3k views
  5. TCambs
    Started by TCambs,

    I dealt with a TI job the other day that had me a bit flummoxed and was hoping the experts here could help me out! As a reminder, legislation regarding tickets comes from a few places: Okay, so the person in question had traveled in a compulsory ticket area without a ticket and was stopped at the barrier line of the destination station. The person was told by staff he would have to give his details for the issue of a penalty fare. The person refused claiming the ticket machine was not working at the starting station but would pay the regular fare. The staff were adamant there were working ticket facilities at the starting station and they wanted his details to issue a…

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 3.5k views
  6. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    I was debating whether to apply for my home force or for the BTP a while back. Sent the BTP an email to ask whether or not they are recruiting specials, or will be in the near future (I found the website unclear), but received no reply. A few weeks later, emailed a different address and over a month later still no reply! Looks like I will be applying to my home force...

    • 3 replies
    • 681 views
  7. Vixxer
    Started by Vixxer,

    FYI, I've just had an email from BTP advising me that they are now recruting specials for Manchester and Liverpool. If I wasn't so far along with GMP I'd probably apply.

      • Like
    • 139 replies
    • 10.8k views
  8. MrEdinburgh
    Started by MrEdinburgh,

    I am considering BTP specials in Scotland in the future and wondered if anyone noticed how often there is an intake to a particular area. I know Scotland recruited in the summer so I was trying to get an idea of when subsequent opportunities might arise. I did e-mail them, and they were quick to getting back, but wouldn't commit to saying when they thought they might be recruiting again, but rather it's on a needs basis. Also, if you are recruited to an area, do you always work out of that area? For example, Kirkcaldy has a station, but comes under the Edinburgh area. Might they recruit separately for Kirkcaldy in the future? Thanks

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 1.7k views
  9. Adsy
    Started by Adsy,

    Hi all, I was just wondering if there was anyone else in the same boat as me really. Last week BTP put up a 5 day window for new PCSO recruits (allpolicejobs.co.uk). I was just wondering if anyone else on here applied and if you have any information on when we can expect to hear back? Failing that, does anyone have any 'insider info' on new PCSO roles? I've applied for York and Leeds. Thanks in advance :) Regards.

    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. mwe0
    Started by mwe0,

    Hello, I am hopefully starting in September with BTP as a regular and was wandering if people knew if they were thinking of switching from the white shirt and tie to the simple black shirt that says police on the side. Personally having worn both during training and as a special with Northants i much prefer the black shirt allows you to breathe more, whats people opinions and does anyone know anything about BTP uniform and if they are thinking of changing?

    • 25 replies
    • 4k views
  11. louise1546620616
    Started by louise1546620616,

    Hi everyone, I have my a/c on Saturday, and I am quite nervous as haven't been given a lot of information as to what to expect, and what the day actually consists of? Can anyone shed any light at all, I don't want to know specific questions, just an idea of what to expect. Many thanks.

    • 6 replies
    • 982 views
  12. HC999
    Started by HC999,

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u804C65q_Jk&feature=related I found this and wondered what could be done here? Or nothing at all? Today, just after 230pm, I saw an elderly man with his arm trapped in the closing door of a faulty train at Holborn Station. We all thought the train was heading further east but actually, for reasons we shall never know, the train was terminating at Holborn and we were ushered out onto the platform by two (shouting) staff in Underground uniforms. The elderly man was slow to get off in the mad rush, hence the entrapment. A few people around called to staff to open the door again so he could be released. About 30 seconds later the door…

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.3k views
    fodfather1546081026
  13. 2344
    Started by 2344,

    How is the process coming along?

    • 6 replies
    • 808 views
    Shadow161546081169
  14. MrEdinburgh
    Started by MrEdinburgh,

    I recall after the election in 2007 is wasn't long until the new Scottish Government had a go at the British Transport Police, mainly around the racial profiling stop and search in Glasgow. I don't know if this was a genuine issue or an easy pop at a British organisation operating in Scotland. I wonder if they would have a Scottish Rail Police, join them them with local forces or continue as is with a cross-border agreement? Just wondered if anyone had any (non-political!) views?

    • 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
  15. Sergeant Colon
    Started by Sergeant Colon,

    Anybody heard anything yet? Any places confirmed? Still waiting to hear myself. After some trouble with my references, my confidence has been knocked a bit - But it should be sorted out now!

      • Like
    • 110 replies
    • 7.9k views
    Police Constable 1 +

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.