Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. DS Warner
    Started by DS Warner,

    Is this allowed or is it a conflict of interest? Basically I'm applying to become a special with the MET , however I am also applying for the role of Admin Assistant with the PSD department of BTP. If I can cut down my hours/ fix my shifts when term time comes up in September (I'm off for 3 mths )..... I might stick with the job at BTP. I just wanted to know if there would be any problems being a Met Special and a PSD Assistant for BTP

    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    Has anyone seen BTP firearms officers? If not here is a picture I found. http://www.flickr.co...bro/7156586435/ BTP machine gun seems more powerfull than the MET MP5.

      • Like
    • 48 replies
    • 7.4k views
  3. Charlotte08
    Started by Charlotte08,

    Hi all, Me again!! Sorry - it's just the more i think about the reasons why i was refused recruitment from BTP, the more unfair i find them and from talking to others (who i know will be trying to comfort me and make me feel better too) it seems that i have good grounds for feeling like this.. Does anyone know if you are able to appeal the decision not to be accepted into the BTP and how you go about doing this please? Any help / advice would be great please. Thanks very much, An upset Charlotte

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 2.5k views
  4. MrEdinburgh
    Started by MrEdinburgh,

    [CORRECTION: Deadline is 16 July, not 20 July as in the topic title.] For info, I received this today: "We have extended the deadline until 16th July for applications and will be starting to mark them in the next fortnight. We will be communicating the results by 20th July with a view to successful candidates being invited to an Assessment Centre in late August." Damn, as I slightly rushed my application!

    • 0 replies
    • 483 views
  5. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    Hi All, I'm curious to know, who is joining the 24th September BTP PCSO intake? Has BTP started the assessment for those they wish to take on for the 24th September intake? If an assessment for those they wish to take on for the 24th September intake hasn't began yet - when will it?

    • 2 replies
    • 606 views
    Future_officer
  6. Cardiff Bluebird
    Started by Cardiff Bluebird,

    Anyone in Scotland interested in the BTP ? They are taking on Trainee Constables see their website for information. CFBB.

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
    Morse1546080805
  7. Amz-0
    Started by Amz-0,

    Heya guys Quick question how long does BTP PCSO training take from start to finish(in week/months)? I should be starting mine on 31st July. Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 2.3k views
  8. potential
    Started by potential,

    Good morning, I have just been informed that I have failed vetting because of convictions I disclosed on baseline. Whilst I have no right to appeal, I can request a review. I was wondering what kind of new information I should include in this review? I have 2 convictions, 1 for breaching a bindover, and the second for criminal damage, both are over 16 years old, and relate to when I was just 18 years old. There were indeed incredibly extreme circumstances surrounding my life at the time, which I am happy to say I recovered from, and have not since had any detrimental connection with the police or the CJS since, or for that matter prior to my 18th year. At the time I…

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 4.2k views
  9. Amz-0
    Started by Amz-0,

    Heya Guys I have passed my BTP PCSO assessment centre and now i am waiting for my medical, vetting and references checks. However I have applied for a job in London and i live in Sheffield. So i was just wondering if the BTP have there own accommodation whilst PCSO are in training ? I think i might struggle to get a bank loan as i'm only 18 and have no source of income . Can anyone help ??

    • 12 replies
    • 1.7k views
  10. Iron_man
    Started by Iron_man,

    Hi, just thought I'd start a specific topic for all of us lucky ones who start training in July! (not long now!) hopefully we can all get to know a few names and then put faces to them on the 2nd! Also, does anyone who has been through the process with BTP know exactly what the PC training programme consists of? Tar, Greg!

      • Like
    • 42 replies
    • 2.6k views
  11. Machiavelli91
    Started by Machiavelli91,

    Hi Everyone, Just returned from the incredible Jubilee Celebrations in London. However whilst in one of the major trainstations I noticed a Police officer (I think BTP) being partnered with a civilian women in jeans and shoes wearing a Hi-Viz jacket saying 'POLICE LOGGIST' on the back holding a clipboard. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the job is? Thanks in advance (Couldn't find this anywhere else in the forum!) (Mods Please delete if this is straying into Operational info!)

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1.8k views
    fodfather1546081026
  12. WB98
    Started by WB98,

    Hey guys Hope all is well and you are enjoying Jubilee and pride weekend, quick question, does anyone know the application process for Call Handler? I know for Comms Officer you have to do an assessment day is that the same with Call Handler or is it just an interview? Any help would be grand Cheers, Sam

    • 6 replies
    • 1.4k views
  13. gillies88
    Started by gillies88,

    Could any officers please tell me the payroll cutoff date for August pay?? Im hopefully going to be starting with BTP again on 30th July and realise that (from a reliable BTP source) the next payday is Aug 10th after id potentially start. As Im looking to move to London...Im keen to know if my intake would miss the Aug cut off. Thank you in advance for any informative response

    • 4 replies
    • 674 views
  14. potential
    Started by potential,

    Morning all, I am currently undertaking vetting for the role of Police Officer. If I am successful, I would have to relocate to London, at my personal considerable expense. I was wondering if it is required of new recruit officers to work a month in hand or, would I receive the first pay 4 weeks into the training? If anyone could shed any light, I would really appreciate it so I can plan my finances. :new_thanks:

      • Like
    • 29 replies
    • 3.8k views
    fodfather1546081026
  15. scott2294
    Started by scott2294,

    Hi, I currently serve with Suffolk and I am considering a transfer to BTP. Are they any BTP officers on here from Cambridge who could give me an idea what its like over there? Thanks Scott

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 968 views
    fodfather1546081026

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.