British Transport Police
Subforums
-
This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.
999 topics in this forum
-
Has anybody seen this? What offences would he be sought for? Was anyone on here involved with it? Who is this vile thug? Shocking CCTV images show the moment crazed commuter shoves 23-year-old woman on to Tube tracks Man pushed stranger on to track at Leicester Square station following 'row about his hat' Victim, 23, was at risk of electrocution and being hit by oncoming train British Transport Police appeal for information on 'reckless ac This is the shocking moment a crazed commuter launched an apparently random attack on a woman - pushing her on to the tracks of the London Underground. By EDDIE WRENN Last updated at 4:58 PM on 24th February 2012 The 23-yea…
-
Hi I'm thinking of joining the BTP as a PCSO or a special in the future. But I've noticed that they mainly recruit for London. I live no where near London, In fact I live in Leicestershire. So would the BTP recruit around my area and outside of London often?
-
Not sure if anyone's up on this, but the programme starting at 9pm tonight, a series focussing on the London Underground, will also feature BTP officers. Just thought I'd make you all aware!
-
https://www.btprecruitment.com/vacancy.asp?token=7C818754EDED6DC8D5EEF94073B3320BBF56E2266DD736E08D0E8F57A942376774F8C6 Goodluck ladies and gents!
-
https://www.btprecruitment.com/vacancy.asp?token=7C818754EDED6DC8D5EEF94073B3320BBF56E2266DD736E08D0E8F57A942376774F8C6 Goodluck ladies and gents! Stay safe out there!
-
Does anyone know when BTP are likely to receive the funding promised by the Welsh Assembly Government for the recruitment of new PCSOs in 2012? Are we looking at after the financial tax year? I know I should probably be contacting H.R to ask about this but I just thought I'd put this post out there for anyone to comment if they know anything at all... See this link for clarification and some background, http://wales.gov.uk/topics/transport/rail/safety/?lang=en (P.S - Would funding be issued to BTP and the other H.O forces at the same time? Or would funding be given to each force as and when they need (ask for) it...)
-
Hi all, any BTP from Colchester able to tell me whether a transfer from Essex specials is a good idea? Im tempted to move forces but want to weigh up my options first! Jon
-
Its not that I dont like the Met, its that it has this 'creeping' ambition to take over everything it can get its hands on. Bare in mind im a BTP Officer and in the short time i've been employed the Met has made atleast two attempts that I can recall to take the London Underground from us - not that the organisation is interested in the Railways/Rail Networks because it isnt, its only interested in the Underground because of the huge payments TFL would make to the Met for the policing privilidge. The Met even made moves at one point to muscle in on the City of London Police and is still having talks about a merger. The speil above makes it sound to me as if the new teams…
-
This video has been released by the British Transport Police regarding an incident that happened at the station. British Transport Police have released shocking footage of the moment a man from Doncaster was punched to the ground outside the railway station. The victim was left with a broken jaw. Detectives are appealing for witnesses. I do wonder what the lead up to this was, the person who gets punched does seem to follow the person and confront him however the brutal lash out is shocking and shows how dangerous 1 punch/swing can be!
-
Can anyone tell what what bylaws there are that cover anti-social behaviour on trains and in stations? I know that normal laws such as Public Order Act would apply but is there anything railway specific that might cover anti-social behaviour. The main problem is that the behaviour isn't happening with police present and most of the POA needs police to witness in order to prosecute.
-
-
- 9 replies
- 4.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am thinking of joining as a Special with the BTP in the future and was wondering what Specials in the BTP get involved in? Has anyone got any real life examples that they can share? thanks
-
Hey Just want your guys experiences and knowledge. Just want to know is it a benefit if your a PCSO and your going for a PC role, thats when they do start recruiting again? If you work within BTP do you know many people who have gone from a PCSO to a PC? Thanks
-
Ladies and Gents, I'm a former CSP special now involved with the Scottish Railway Preservation Society. Our youth group leader has endeavoured to arrange a talk from a BTP officer for our young volunteers via the usual channels without response. I wondered therefore if any local BTP special would be interested to assist. Ideally perhaps by giving the talk (subject to force approval of course) or at least by arranging the necessary contacts from the inside? Please PM me if you can assist. Thanks.
-
Hi Im starting as a PCSO in Shrewsbury and i understand the probation is a year, if all goes well and i pass this whats the opportunities like to transfer to another area, as i will be wanting to come back to the Eastern area's such as Nottingham, Yorkshire, Derbyshire and so on so i am closer to home? Thanks
-
Here's a picture from the BTP website. I know the officers are dressed in ceremonial uniform (V.I.P.'s etc.) but quite a few of the images show officers wearing this lanyard with I.D. card. Before anybody says this is 'operational' - it isn't, there's an abundance of such images on their public website. Neither is it the BTP warrant card; which is portrait. So my question is: what exactly is this for? Is it the SCWID?