Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. pedmond
    Started by pedmond,

    Hi guys just wanted to ask a question, I'm at that point in my life where career options are important and I have only got one question left. Strathclyde VS BTP The only thing going against the BTP at the moment is one thing. Do things actually happen in the BTP or is most of their work reactionary. I dont want to join up to see no "action". I understand that police work is not what it is on the t.v i have several relatives in the force but the reason I cant ask them is that they are not very helpful and often give a "tinted" view of their work. Thats the only question I have left. I dont want to join Strathclyde so I end up always responding to domestics where no one …

  2. Mohtasim Pal
    Started by Mohtasim Pal,

    Hi there, Im just wondering if there is anyone here that could give me some tips for my assessment day? Its coming up in a week time and im becomming quite nervous about it so would love for someone to give me some ideas etc. thanks Adam

    • 7 replies
    • 2k views
  3. 2ub
    Started by 2ub,

    Hi everyone, I have recently joined this site as I have applied for the BTP and would like to get some more information on the recruitment process. I am due to attend the assessment centre in November, does this mean there is another intake due for early 2012 as the positions for September are now taken???

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  4. Loudand
    Started by Loudand,

    Well done everyone who attested today!

    • 1 reply
    • 762 views
  5. Tango22
    Started by Tango22 * ,

    Afternoon peeps, I'm new to the forum so apologies if this has been previously covered on here but I was hoping somebody could help me with a question. What is the current (2011) London weighting given to Pc's working in the underground area? Not after the whole salary and I don't want to make people talk money, was just after what the London weighting bit is.. Many thanks in advance Tango

  6. Police Constable 1
    Started by Police Constable 1 +,

    Two hurt in explosions near Crewe railway station Police were alerted to the incident just before 20:30 BST and closed Nantwich Road by the station A man and a woman have been injured in a series of small explosions near Crewe railway station, Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service said. Manhole covers were blown off in the incident on Nantwich Road just before 20:30 BST. The injured pair were taken to hospital suffering from burns. A faulty underground electrical cable is believed to have caused the blasts. Scottish Power, which owns the cable, said 3,000 properties in the area lost power in the incident. A spokesman for Scottish Power said electricity had been restored …

    • 1 reply
    • 862 views
  7. Headset 57
    Started by Headset 57,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk...gazine-15062064 "In one case recently thieves stole a train with two trucks full of scrap metal attached. They drove it down the line and offloaded the metal into lorries. Scrap dealers are spending a fortune on security, but the thieves are very resourceful. Continue reading the main story In today's Magazine What are BNP supporters really like? Hedge of darkness Has the iPod made us anti-social? Caption Comp A train operator wants the law changed to tackle the rise in metal thefts. But what are the serious and sometimes strange consequences of this crime wave? One copper cable theft from a railway line. The result? A total of 108 trains d…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
  8. rms
    Started by rms,

    Has anyone read whats been posted on the BTP recruitment website under the latest news section? I have been on there this morning and it doesn't look good at all for all of us who are in the BTP recruitment system waiting to become a new Police Constable. It states there will be no more intakes for the remainder of the financial year 2010/2011. It also says we should all have some correspondence sent out this week in relation to our applications and what this change means for us. It does go on to say more as well. Has anyone called recruitment for an update regarding this issue or has anyone had anything sent out via post or email from recruitment regarding this news? I d…

  9. TCambs
    Started by TCambs,

    Congratulations to all those who attested today! Now for the real work!

    • 6 replies
    • 1k views
  10. karmapolice
    Started by karmapolice,

    Hi, all. We're in the middle of a tidy up, as some of the Force Specifics have a lot of very old topics in them (there's stuff from 2005 in here!). Next weekend, I'll be binning anything that's older than twelve months unless there are any burning reasons why people might want them kept. If so, drop me a line. Cheers.

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1.4k views
  11. campbell22
    Started by campbell22,

    hi i am looking to try and find out what the BTP special exam is like and what is the best prep to do for the exam as have my exam on the 18th Sep 2011

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 2.9k views
  12. Potious
    Started by Potious,

    Hi Guys, September 12th is just around the corner, so who's in? which area are you been posted to? for non-london based, have you made any accommodation arrangements or are you going to be commuting to london on a daily basis? what kind of preparations are you all doing in general? It would be nice to share....

      • Like
    • 266 replies
    • 12.4k views
    Police Constable 1 +
  13. btp pc
    Started by btp pc,

    Hi, Was wondering if anyone is also a member of the TA. I am currently applying but BTP have told me that I have to fill in a 'secondary employment' application. I am a serving officer. I'm also ex forces and ex TA. All before joining BTP. How did it go with your application? Cheers.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.3k views
  14. Griffin1546081308
    Started by Griffin1546081308,

    hi all, after initial training, on average what would a btp officer take home every 4 weeks? Is it less during probation or the same? Thanks in advance.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.5k views
  15. PaloAlto
    Started by PaloAlto,

    Hi Im a new recruit starting in september providing medical and vetting go well.. I have a few questions for any serving btp pcs out there... 1) what are the shift patterns 2) when do you get your travel perk 3) any opinions on working the underground? Thanks!

    • 11 replies
    • 1.9k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.