Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. Croydon Boy
    Started by Croydon Boy,

    "New Chief Officer for Special Constabulary For the first time in its history, BTP has recruited a chief officer to oversee its force of over 200 special constables From June, Colin Dowman, a Service Controller for London Underground, will work alongside the Neighbourhood Policing and Partnership Unit at Force HQ in Camden. Colin will act as a national ambassador for BTP’s Special Constabulary, working with the current Area Officers (coordinators), to drive development of Specials, increase their contribution and effectiveness in force operations and improve retention. Previously Assistant Chief Special Officer with Surrey Police, Colin has over 25 years under his b…

      • Like
    • 43 replies
    • 3.8k views
  2. Nickyc
    Started by Nickyc,

    Hellooooo BTP World! :D I was having a discussion with a few officers from my station today, and we got onto the subject of BTP officers and the question was raised as to whether or not the medical standards for all BTP officers and PCSO's is different to the home officer forces? - The reason we weren't sure if it is different or not is because obviously working track side, there was a comment as to whether or not the officers Hearing would have to be 100% (with home office forces, officers can have slight hearing defect but arent able to specialize if it falls below the specialist limit - if that makes sense) Cheers Guys and Gals!

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 3.1k views
  3. Potious
    Started by Potious,

    Hi All, I hope you're enjoying the sunshine...? Well enjoy it while it last... I just thought I should get your thoughts on the above topic...In order to successfully nail this offence, what are your thoughts on the DISORDERLY parts of the offence after the usual drunkenness signs; glazed eyes, slurred speech, breath of intoxicating liquor and unsteady feet etc. I have heard that the courts are now picking up on the disorderly behaviour after police contact. It is suggested that the disorderly behaviour is caused by the officers as someone who is drunk would not understand and usually would not follow instructions and may result in a disorderly behaviour. A typical sce…

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.5k views
  4. PatDun
    Started by PatDun,

    HI I HAVE PASSED THE BTP ASSESSMENT BUT WAS TOO LATE FOR THE INTAKE FOR MAY 2012, I AM ON THEIR LIST FOR 12 MONTHS, DOES ANYONE ELSE HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE AND IF THEY HAD AN INTAKE LATER ON?

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.2k views
  5. Truncheon
    Started by Truncheon +,

    Made under Section 219 of the Transport Act 2000 by the Strategic Rail Authority (the "Authority") and confirmed under Schedule 20 of the Transport Act 2000 by the Secretary of State for Transport on 22 June 2005 for regulating the use and working of, and travel on or by means of, railway assets, the maintenance of order on railway assets and the conduct of all persons while on railway assets (the "Byelaws"). The Byelaws cover the following areas: 1. Queuing 2. Potentially dangerous items 3. Smoking 4. Intoxication and possession of intoxicating liquor 5. Unfit to be on the railway 6. Unacceptable behaviour 7. Music, sound, advertising and carrying on a trade 8. …

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 12.8k views
  6. Charlotte08
    Started by Charlotte08,

    Good morning all, Hope you're well and enjoying the sunshine I'm hopefully in the process of being accepted into the BTP as a PCSO - had my Day 1 last weekend and passed, have got my medical on Monday and hopefully the vetting & references are being investigated at the moment. I just wanted to ask if there are any BTP PCSOs on here for the London, Croydon or Dartford areas? If there are, would you mind letting me know how you find the job, what your typical duties are and just general information about your job please? Also, how are you coping in the uniform with the heat? Is it manageable? Thanks all, really appreciate any advice / information you can offer.…

    • 18 replies
    • 2k views
  7. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    Hi All, Who has applied for the BTP position of DDO? Has anyone had a phone call since the closing date of the application for an assessment date? Does anyone know how many people have applied for the position?

      • Like
    • 38 replies
    • 3.4k views
  8. Charlotte08
    Started by Charlotte08,

    Hi all, Sorry to bother you again about the Medical but i just have a quick question please. In terms of absences, what kind of things are investigated and what would be considered unacceptable please? If you have a particularly unusual / bad year, do they take each individual situation into account and judge how you are now? Thanks Charlotte

    • 8 replies
    • 768 views
  9. gillies88
    Started by gillies88,

    Hello all Anyone attending the above? Curious to know if anyone who has recently attended this could provide any advice? Specifically for the competency based interview? Cheers

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 2k views
  10. Charlotte08
    Started by Charlotte08,

    Good morning all, I applied to become a PCSO in the April intake and had my Assessment on Saturday just gone. I'm pleased to say that i passed the Assessment and am waiting on the date of my Medical and for the vetting to be carried out. Does anyone know the minimum BMI required for BTP PCSOs please? I'm a bit worried i may fall slightly short.. Thank you, really hope i get through - if i do, can't wait to start!! P.S. Any other BTP PCSOs on here who are able to let me know if they are enjoying the job? I've applied for the London area by the way. Thanks, Charlotte

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1.2k views
  11. Cardiff Bluebirds
    Started by Cardiff Bluebirds,

    Are there any SCs based on Wales & Western Division (South Wales Sector) who could pm me please? Many thanks CFBB.

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 868 views
    Cardiff Bluebirds
  12. thomas21
    Started by thomas21,

    Hi all, I am a special with WMP, but my best friend wants to become a special with you guys. When did they last recruit? And will the next recruitment be after the Olympics? Cheers, Tony.

    • 6 replies
    • 627 views
  13. Swannatron
    Started by Swannatron,

    Hello there my BTP cousins. I am a Hertfordshire Special and wanted to ask a quick question. A LOOOOOOOONG time ago I applied to be a DDO with BTP and I didn't hear back so I thought I wasn't picked for interview and forgot about it..... well I got an email the other day saying I had been successful and was inviting me to an interview. My question is whether I could still be a Herts special and be a DDO for BTP.... (When I sent in my application I was training to be a special and can't remember if I put about it on my application form or not.) And also any tips for the interview and info about being a DDO then feel free to let me know... Cheers guys Swanny

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 2.7k views
  14. Cardiff Bluebird
    Started by Cardiff Bluebird,

    Would someone in the know within the BTP SC answer some questions I have please? 1) Do BTP SCs have a dedicated Collar No. system or do they display SC/Crown. 2) How do SCs book their duties, in advance why a roster or can they pretty much work when they wish. 3) What courses, realistically can SCs do? driving for example. 4) How many roughly SCs does Wales & Western division have in the South Wales area. 5) Do SCs report to their SPS or Reg Sgt or officer in charge. 6) Can BTP SCs claim travel expenses for travel to and from duty ? for example, LUL fares, national rail travel and mileage/tolls ( Severn Bridge for the latter). Kind Regards CFBB.

    • 0 replies
    • 693 views
    Cardiff Bluebird
  15. EvoChris
    Started by EvoChris,

    Out on observation a bit back the officer had 2 gate keys that he recommended I got for patrol to go near the track, as you dont get issued them. Can someone tell me or pm me the type of keys I will need so I can look out for them or ask around. I know they are numbers of some sort but cannot remember which. Thank you

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 4.3k views
    Police Constable 1 +

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.