Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. mattm_g
    Started by mattm_g,

    All, I understand that BTP our actively recruiting specials to transfer? However it isn't clear that If you can transfer as a special constable to apply to be a special sergeant In the BTP? Any help will be great.

    • 5 replies
    • 888 views
  2. amc621
    Started by amc621,

    I wonder if anyone would be able to give me advice; I attended the assessment centre for the role of SC in August, I received an email the same night advising me I had been successful and offering me a conditional offer of employment, however the next working day I received another email stating there had been an error with one element of the assessment centre results (interview) but had passed all other elements but the offer was being withdrawn. I phoned HR up and got told I had missed the interview pass mark by 4 points and that they were sorry etc... I was also told I could apply for 2013 intake of new PC's but I'm aware the BTP has a policy of there being a 6month wa…

    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
  3. BigGus678
    Started by BigGus678,

    Hi all. I have an assessment day this coming Saturday and I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on what to expect?. I passed a day one assessment for the Met in the Summer but I understand the BTP's assessment days are different. I'm not looking for specifics, just some general help on what to expect. Thanks!.

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 2k views
  4. Jon Allport
    Started by Jon Allport,

    hi, have just applied for the regs in the BTP, does anyone actually know where training is held? i cant find any info anywhere online? and any idea on what to expect on the A/C if i pass the paper sift?? is it anything like the met day 1?? cheers Jon

      • Like
    • 58 replies
    • 7.5k views
  5. qwerty1234567
    Started by qwerty1234567,

    Hi all Does anyone know what the interview will include for the experienced SC transfer?

    • 3 replies
    • 596 views
  6. DS Warner
    Started by DS Warner,

    I've been taking a look at the BTP website and decided to try my luck with them as well as the MSC (the Met) Can I ask.... what are the on and particularly off duty powers of a BTP officer in relation to the railways and what is also thier powers in relation to OFF railways cheers Jon

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 3.7k views
  7. General Purpose
    Started by General Purpose,

    Just a quick question: can I apply to be a SC at the same time as applying to be a PC?

    • 3 replies
    • 766 views
    General Purpose
  8. Jim Lad
    Started by Jim Lad,

    I'm currently an SC with a HO Force in the south of England who is applying to the BTP Regulars. However, if I'm unsuccessful, I hope to apply to transfer into the BTP as an SC. How do BTP SCs generally work on an average shift? Can they work indepedently of regular officers (should they wish to)? Can BTP SCs drive police vehicles? I'd just like to get a better idea of how BTP uses its SCs before making a final decision. I'm quite lucky that my HO force provides many opportunities for its SCs to undertake a wide range of police work and specialisms, which is something that I wouldn't want to give up without more knowledge of how BTP SCs are used. Any help would be gre…

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1.3k views
  9. Merlin820
    Started by Merlin820,

    As it's approaching Halloween, I thought this would be an ideal seasonal topic. I remember watching a documentary about the paranormal and unexplained episodes on the Underground and in various London stations and it was absolutely fascinating, with accounts from those who previously refused to believe any such nonsense until they'd seen it for themselves. One such tale included a gent clearly seen on CCTV, standing directly by the tunnel in a closed station and when they'd gone down to ask him to leave he'd disappeared. Anyone on here got any stories?

    • 6 replies
    • 849 views
  10. Loulou
    Started by Loulou,

    I am stuck on a question and was wondering if anyone can help, the question is what is the unique aspect of BTP Policing compared to Home office police force confused !

    • 8 replies
    • 2k views
  11. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    Who are BTP investors and stakeholders? Can someone please explain.

      • Like
    • 34 replies
    • 3.4k views
    golf-uniformvictor
  12. Dizzydee
    Started by Dizzydee,

    Hi, BTP are recruiting at the moment. https://www.btprecruitment.com/vacancy.asp?token=7C818754EDED6DC8D5EEF94677B5320BBF56E2266DD736E08D0E8F57A942376774F8C6

    • 6 replies
    • 1.6k views
  13. Shadow161546081169
    Started by Shadow161546081169,

    CLOSING DATE: 1ST JUNE 2012 FULL DETAILS: Clicky Good luck if you apply, I know I will be

      • Like
    • 59 replies
    • 4.6k views
  14. Jamie1985
    Started by Jamie1985,

    Just a heads up boys and girls, DDO's are being recruited again on the BTP website. Have a look if interested Closes 24th August 2012..

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 1.8k views
  15. Iron_man
    Started by Iron_man,

    Hello people of the forum. I'm a new PC whoes about to pass out and go operational with the LU area and in need of a loving home. Could you care for him? and love him as your own? Joking aside, I'm looking fur a place to stay in London and i was wondering if there was anyone else in the same position who might be looking for a flatmate? Or if there are any serving bobbies who have a spare room they'd like to make a few bob off? I'm looking to spend about £300 a month, plus food, and it needs to be commutable to the big smoke for shift patterns. If anyone's interested then please let me know! Tar, Greg

    • 8 replies
    • 785 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.