Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. ugenkzl
    Started by ugenkzl,

    If a PCSO wants to patrol a few stations do they get to the stations by car or by train? And are PCSO's allowed to dive police vehicles?

    • 4 replies
    • 823 views
  2. heywhatsup
    Started by heywhatsup,

    Do BTP officers get Oyster Cards for travel or they also show their warrant cards?

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.4k views
  3. Keeks86
    Started by Keeks86,

    Hi, I'm a first time poster but long time reader! I have recently received through all the paper work (contracts etc) to start training on 16th March at Spring House after successfully going through the BTP recruitment process (in record timing of less than 3 months!!). However, I am now starting to have some reservations about accepting my place on this training date. I shall explain my situation.... I had my annual appraisal for my normal job and had my objectives for the year given to me. I have been set a lot more than I was originally planning to have and been given more responsibilities than predicted too. So with all these extra commitments, I'm not sure ho…

    • 9 replies
    • 1k views
  4. ugenkzl
    Started by ugenkzl,

    hey is anyoune on the march intake going to be stationed in liverpool?

    • 0 replies
    • 453 views
  5. richard_jn
    Started by richard_jn,

    Hi, I'm currently with a HO force and I hoping to transfer to BTP on the next transfer window. Just wondering what's it like and how hard is it to get a supervisor position in BTP? Special sergeants and inspectors? I understand they aren't called this in btp though? Do you have an inspector and a number of sergeants per station? In my force we generally have an annual recruitment for those who want some stripes. Just wondering what it's like in btp, how often, now hard, now competitive, and if the job of those posts is the same or similar as a HO force? Thanks

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 798 views
  6. Westcountry
    Started by Westcountry,

    Does anybody know if BTP will be accepting transfer applications anytime soon again, in particular for the W&W area? Also, apart from the normal response time work you would be involved with, can anybody give me an idea what a typical Football shift would involve etc? Looking to see what else you get involved with! Thanks Westcountry

    • 6 replies
    • 637 views
  7. CraigJones1546081367
    Started by CraigJones1546081367,

    Hi there, Was hoping my first post here wouldn't be a needy needy one - but unfortunately it is. Anyway, I'm currently in the process of applying for PCSO role within BTP. I understand the application form must be downloaded and filled in and uploaded to the recruitment website. I've filled in a BTP digital application on an occasion before, and never encountered any issues. However with this one it seems that the formatting is all out of place, for example when I'm typing in my recent employment history the text is obscured, and you can't read it - this is the case with some of the questions too! I can't adjust the size of the text boxes or anything to make the text…

    • 13 replies
    • 648 views
  8. ugenkzl
    Started by ugenkzl,

    Hey, Has anyone received an email yet to say if they have been successful and will start training on march 25th? I was hoping to find out last week if I have been successful but I still haven't heard cheers :-)

    • 2 replies
    • 589 views
  9. ugenkzl
    Started by ugenkzl,

    can anyone assist with the following: Do the BTP Stations in the north of England (ie. Manchester, Liverpool and york) have gyms within the station and also car parking space? Thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 748 views
  10. ARV82
    Started by ARV82,

    Hi everyone, just wondered is there parking at Spring House, If not what would the nearest car park be? Thank you,

    • 9 replies
    • 744 views
    Administrative Account
  11. TCambs
    Started by TCambs,

    Recruitment has just opened up for a 2013 intake. https://www.btprecruitment.com/vacancy.asp?token=7C818754EDED6DC8D5EEF94676B5320BBF56E2266DD736E08D0E8F57A942376774F8C6

      • Like
    • 78 replies
    • 4.2k views
  12. Cooper16
    Started by Cooper16,

    Hello everyone, Before Christmas it was said that there may be an opportunity of new SC recruitment for the north east (Newcastle). This has yet to show on the jobs board. Is anyone aware of when BTP will be recruiting for this area?

    • 3 replies
    • 560 views
  13. Frank Castle
    Started by Frank Castle,

    After watching the recent railway documentarys that featured BTP officers, I wondered does BTP have its own Air Support Unit? Considering BTP cover vast areas I would have thought they do. Where I live in London I see India 99 several times a day and more in the night.

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1.9k views
  14. mwe0
    Started by mwe0,

    Hello, Looking to speak to cops, pcso's from the London Areas mainly within inner london. By this i mean LU, LS like Waterloo. I am a PC for BTP within the North East and possibly considering a move down south in the future and have a few questions. Feel free to PM me or just say where your posted to and ill PM you. Cheers

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 819 views
  15. Tangomike42
    Started by Tangomike42,

    Hi Guys, Was just looking to find out if anyone knows the current status of the situation regarding transferees from the last recruitment cycle, I stuck in for it back in September but have not heard anything since. I appreciate they "HR" may be busy so would appreciate if anyone on the ground might have any info.......? I am a serving officer in Scotland so I'm fully aware of the impending chaos coming in April and will this have an effect on BTP resources up north? Cheers, J

    • 19 replies
    • 983 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.