Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. DS Warner
    Started by DS Warner,

    I've heard a few bad stories wandering around the met forum about how the MSC is apparantly going to pot and becoming a bit of a downer compared to the stories I've been hearing about BTP ...apparantly the grass can be a bit greener (especially in London areas) Can I ask , what would the transfer process from the met to BTP be like , should I decide once I finish training to move on to BTP? what is the process made of and is it essential to be IPS upon transfer or can this be picked up on once I join?

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 2.5k views
    Nelson1545926257
  2. Howellj1989
    Started by Howellj1989,

    Can any one advise me of a typical btp pcso shift pattern. are they issued weekly ect and what shifts do they consist of? Thanks James

    • 3 replies
    • 1.4k views
    Captain Murphy
  3. Rogue One
    Started by Rogue One,

    Hi all, Anyone have an inkling as to when the next round of Specials intake will be? I passed paper sift last time round but was told I had to wait for the next round of assessments. Yours impatiently....

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 1.3k views
  4. clarke17
    Started by clarke17,

    Hi all, I've read through a number of threads and found a wealth of useful information, however, I still have a few questions that hopefully one of you good people could answer? 1) Are specials and regulars collar numbers the same? 2) What opportunities are there for specials to undertake 'specialist duties' e.g. plain clothes duties? 3) Can specials get involved in force operations in a different area to the one in which they are based? Any information regarding these questions would be much appreciated! Simon

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 683 views
  5. BTPrecruit
    Started by BTPrecruit,

    I know there are a few threads on this, but having read back over quite a few and trawled through the BTP website I can't quite find the the answer. Also there seems to be conflicting info on the BTP website. So please only answer this question if you know the answer or your circumstances are similar to mine. The criteria applies to :- 1) Police Officer 2) Travelling to and from Duty 3) To either Central London, Guildford or Reading 4) From just outside the M25, All journeys over 8 miles. Can I make this journey entirely free of charge (assuming I travel by train of course). If so does this also apply to when training at Spring House. Cheers.

    • 23 replies
    • 1.9k views
  6. eski
    Started by eski,

    Are new student officers required to undergo the ckp?

    • 6 replies
    • 998 views
  7. Dizzydee

    http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-22678580 German railways to test anti-graffiti drones 3 hours ago Small surveillance drones are already widely used, like this one in Israel Germany's national railway company, Deutsche Bahn, plans to test small drones to try to reduce the amount of graffiti being sprayed on its property. The idea is to use airborne infra-red cameras to collect evidence, which could then be used to prosecute vandals who deface property at night. A company spokesman said drones would be tested at rail depots soon. But it is not yet clear how Germany's strict anti-surveillance laws might affect their use. Graffiti is reported to cost Deutsche Bah…

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 889 views
    GoneForgotten
  8. Dizzydee

    http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-22678580 German railways to test anti-graffiti drones 3 hours ago Small surveillance drones are already widely used, like this one in Israel Germany's national railway company, Deutsche Bahn, plans to test small drones to try to reduce the amount of graffiti being sprayed on its property. The idea is to use airborne infra-red cameras to collect evidence, which could then be used to prosecute vandals who deface property at night. A company spokesman said drones would be tested at rail depots soon. But it is not yet clear how Germany's strict anti-surveillance laws might affect their use. Graffiti is reported to cost Deutsche Bah…

    • 0 replies
    • 989 views
  9. mwe0
    Started by mwe0,

    I know that there is work being down about changing the areas but have been informed that in July inner London, I.e LN, LS, LU inside the M25 will become one area is this true? If so does anyone know if the response stations or any police bases will be changing?

    • 7 replies
    • 556 views
  10. Tome44
    Started by Tome44,

    I've read practically everything I can about the job role of BTP officer. I'm just wondering can anyone serving with the BTP just give a little info on what they do day to day. Would also like to know if there's any scope for overtime? Thanks all Tom

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 3.9k views
  11. Frank Castle
    Started by Frank Castle,

    Good Afternoon. If anyone knows the person to contact for men's 11 aside football on L Area please PM me. Just looking to stay fit and in shape.

    • 0 replies
    • 457 views
    Frank Castle
  12. JayU
    Started by JayU,

    Hi All, Looking forward to starting training in August for BTP PCSO. I'll be based at Nottingham. I was wondering if anyone could give an example of what the shift times/patterns are likely to be like for me once I get to Nottingham? Do they differ station to station or are they all similar? Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 793 views
  13. blueandwhite
    Started by blueandwhite,

    Hello, Was just wondering if anyone on here had applied for this position, and if so, if they've had any contact back yet? Thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 775 views
  14. Jster

    Hi everybody, Really I'm looking to hear from people who are currently training in London as a PCSO, or who have recently finished training, or who are working as a BTP PCSO now..! Hopefully, all being well, I'll start my BTP PCSO training in August. I was wondering what the 8 weeks training is like, i.e. How enjoyable it is, how it is structured, and also, what uniform is worn during training? Is it black trousers and white shirt, or is it the black cargo trousers and blue breathable t-shirt (the operational uniform) With regard to current BTP PCSO's, I was wondering what a typical duty involves. I've searched the forum (i.e. 'Day in the life' etc) but I've had no luc…

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 3.6k views
    reassurance-patrol
  15. mwe0
    Started by mwe0,

    Hello, First of all thanks for everyone help and good luck to those still waiting, have been posted to Nottingham and can't wait for initial training to start in london just wandering how the accommodation works. I do believe their is accommodation available and to be honest wouldn't be impossible to commute would much rather live in London Monday to Friday just wandering how much Accommodation BTP have for new recurits and how they go about allocating this. Do you think i will get a room, it takes me around an hour and 20 mins from Kettering station to training Centre. mike

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 2.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.