Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. Ryan#
    Started by Ryan# +,

    Hi Guys, I need some clarification, I'm really confused and need help! I've just applied to be a special with the BTP and I'm now worrying about my BMI. If I'm over BMI, what happens, will I be given time to get down to the BMI or do I instantly fail? I know I can do the fitness test (been practicing) but I'm worrying on this one thing! Sorry if this has been asked/answered before, I couldn't find it. Thanks for your help guys!

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 1.9k views
  2. Rogue One
    Started by Rogue One,

    Apologies that this has more than likely been asked many times before, I did search the forums but found no good threads.. What expenses and benefits can I expect as a BTP Special? As railway staff in my day job I already get free travel on my TOC and PRIV rates on others so I won't really be claiming travel much if at all... Thanks

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 883 views
  3. DS Warner
    Started by DS Warner,

    As someone who one day wants to become a reg I thought id ask a few questions (im sure others think the same) Are BTP PC's subject to the same Winsor Reforms like HO officers are Does BTP have its own active fed, like say Met Plod Fed?... Are prospects for promotion good with BTP or is it stagnant like other HO forces? Do they run the same process for promotion like HO forces or is it different? And the last of my annoying never ending questions... Can a BTP officer move about a lot in his job. Say if he wants to move from London to Birmingham (for example) or London to Scotland, he can move divisions fairly easily? Many thanks guys

    • 7 replies
    • 1.8k views
  4. NPspecial
    Started by NPspecial,

    While browsing youtube i found this video. just want to say that all credit to the BTP ( special ? ) for not getting irritated by the mans clear lack of knowledge about the BTP and his ramblings about god. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl808aIoAZI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUhoeKGMc58qXOwebznpwUlw PS on a side note/question, do the BTP have traffic tickets as most of their work is train based ?

      • Like
    • 70 replies
    • 4.3k views
  5. Frank Castle
    Started by Frank Castle,

    Do BTP specials get to do public order training and at what level(s)?

    • 4 replies
    • 925 views
  6. DavidShorter
    Started by DavidShorter,

    Hello, Have a quick question as I have seen different info around. How long this the maths test? How many questions? Whats the pass mark? Thanks!

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 3.3k views
  7. Nozza
    Started by Nozza,

    Hello all, having applied for PCSO Bangor role in June, i have had an email today regarding the papersift. Anyone else on here heard anything who applied?

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 843 views
  8. Steve661546081044
    Started by Steve661546081044,

    Hi. I've applied for the job of Rail Community officer and it seems I have an interview soon. Information on the role and conditions of service seem a bit sparse, so anything would be appreciated. I'm 60 and did 32 years in the job (Met and MoD) so yes, I probably need my head examined. :-) Thanks

    • 19 replies
    • 1.6k views
  9. Matador
    Started by Matador,

    Morning all, Quick question to get some clarification on pay within London. On this page (https://www.btprecruitment.com/po_benefits.asp), there are two additional amounts listed for London - London weighting at £2,277 and London allowance at £4,338. Could someone confirm whether an officer working either LN,LS or LU and living in London could expect to receive, one of these, and if so which one, or both of these? Cheers

    • 7 replies
    • 963 views
  10. CabinCrewLGW
    Started by CabinCrewLGW,

    Howdy y'all, I've heard people in other topics discussing the possibility of using police accommodation in London which people seemed to think was priced somewhere in the region if £500-£650 month. I'm hopefully starting my training soon(ish) and my other half has a new job as well that means we have to move to London. Does anyone know if police accommodation is available for married couples? If it is, we'd chuck all our stuff in storage and live there for a while which would give us more time to find somewhere decent to live rather than having to take whatever was available. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1.4k views
  11. Ibble
    Started by Ibble,

    I thought that I would start a new thread as the conditional offers for the July 2013 intake start to come through. I wonder if anyone who has been through this experience already could help with my intial questions: Can anyone tell me what the conditions you must meet to be entitled to be accommodated during the training period? Also, is there any recommended reading or books worth purchasing prior to starting? Thanks for any guidance / pointers.

      • Like
    • 415 replies
    • 24.6k views
  12. Wally89
    Started by Wally89,

    Hey guys, I start my training as a PC in November. I have been with Thames valley police for 6 years and was privelged enough to represent the force in the ring 17 times and also play in several golf competitions. Do you know if BTP have any similar squads or anything to do with a golf society? would love to get involved. Boxing bouts were normally against the army and navy and some charity events. Thanks alot. Wally

    • 0 replies
    • 637 views
  13. reassurance-patrol
    Started by reassurance-patrol,

    Hiya, I am starting PCSO training on the 27th August, Is there any current BTP PCSOs or Police constables who were BTP PCSOs on here who could share their BTP PCSO day-to-day experiences Any experiences "good or bad" It will be nice to hear from you. :new_thanks:

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 2.9k views
  14. MindTheGap

    Unique one in a way within BTP: https://btp.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/channel-1/system-117/appcentre-3/brand-2/xf-d5ff16440a91/candidate/so/pm/6/pl/1/opp/399-Safer-Travel-Special-Constable/en-GB

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1.4k views
  15. MarkS1546081397
    Started by MarkS1546081397,

    Hi all, Just wondering if anyone applied for the North West specials recruitment? Have you heard anything back? my one just says Under Review at the moment. Good luck for your application. Mark

    • 11 replies
    • 699 views
    Gibson1546081142

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.