Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. nyantrollcake
    Started by nyantrollcake * ,

    Hello, I am new to this forum =) My question is, I am a train driver for a TOC, is there any kind of conflict of interest between potentially being a SC and my day job? What do you imagine BTP and my employer would think about me maybe being a SC? Many thanks Nyantrollcake

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 503 views
  2. KING ARTHUR1546080831
    Started by KING ARTHUR1546080831,

    Hello to all my BTP friends, Sorry to sound like a scratched record (i actually sent a similar post a few weeks ago) but am just after a bit more info. I've just sent off my application to BTP regulars for London South and am waiting to find out if I'm lucky enough to get an interview. I just had a few questions that I hope you don't mind answering as I still don't know loads about the job I've applied for!! 1/ Do you actually patrol on the trains or do you just stay at the station? If you are at the station all the time do you ever get bored patrolling the same area every day? 2/ Do you patrol (foot or vehicle) on the streets around the stations and can you include …

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 20.9k views
  3. Swan123
    Started by Swan123,

    Hi guys was just lookin to see if anyone else is on the 10th feb training course/staying Gilmore etc?

      • Like
    • 142 replies
    • 4.5k views
  4. rail_cop
    Started by rail_cop,

    Just a quick question as I cannot find any recent information on any recent thread. Do Specials get free travel to and from work in Wales and Western areas? Also does this apply to and from training? Some threads say 8 miles free and some say 70 miles free. Cheers.

    • 3 replies
    • 766 views
  5. fingerscrossed1
    Started by fingerscrossed1,

    Hey all Wondering if anyone could shed some light on the self measurement form for uniform: The vests and belt are sized from S - XL I think, but what would a medium be? something like a size 12/14? Gloves are size 1-5. Any idea how to measure this? Any help would be appreciated - don't want to turn up on day 1 and nothing fits Cheers!

    • 7 replies
    • 583 views
  6. rail_cop
    Started by rail_cop,

    I do apologise if this has already been covered elsewhere but as a Special Constable going through vetting. What's the complete uniform list and quantities and also when do we receive the uniform? Does it come in the post or do we get it in training? Thanks.

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 2k views
  7. TCambs

    New Specials https://btp.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/channel-1/system-117/appcentre-3/brand-2/candidate/so/pm/6/pl/1/opp/360-New-Special-Constables-ID360/en-GB Transferees https://btp.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/channel-1/system-117/appcentre-3/brand-2/candidate/so/pm/6/pl/1/opp/362-Transferee-Special-Constable-London-ID362/en-GB Closing Date is 26th June

      • Like
    • 159 replies
    • 7.7k views
  8. zaguyinuk
    Started by zaguyinuk,

    Let me begin by saying I know this topic in general has been done to death and there are very comprehensive answers on other forums, all of which I have read. Despite all the apparent clarity there still appears to be some confusion. I need to check this to make 100% certain I do not make a mistake. On the first day of our training we had a talk about free travel in London once we get our warrant cards. We were told that we could travel for free on TFL services but not trains and also NOT the London Overground. I put up my hand and questioned that as everything I have read on every website and forum states London Officers can travel on presentation of their warrant card…

      • Like
    • 57 replies
    • 8.3k views
  9. Radman

    So in the latest DCCs weekly update he talks about fixing various jurisdictional issues 'Bringing us inline with our Home Office Colleagues' (I can only assume this relates to our primary and extended jurisdictional powers as defined in the Terrorism Act) and the amendment of anomalies in legislation which did exclude us as a force (Firearms legislation and the Road Traffic Act.) He then mentioned talks are underway with the Home Office over a proposed expansion of our remit... (The really exciting bit of the update.) Some of you may remember the buzz a few years back that kicked up over various proposals to expand BTP out from the railway into other areas of policing, …

      • Like
    • 171 replies
    • 4.8k views
  10. pottheed
    Started by pottheed,

    We will shortly be recruiting for new Special Constables to join us in 2014 through-out London. Joining the UK’s only national police force as a volunteer, you’ll take on a crucial frontline role in one of the most challenging environments there is. British Transport Police is the national police force for Britain’s rail network, providing a policing service to rail operators, their staff and passengers throughout England, Wales and Scotland. Every day, over 10,000 miles of track, we keep more than 6 million people and 400,000 tonnes of freight safe and secure. It’s a massive task. Our Special Constables need huge amounts of talent and determination to succeed. With …

    • 17 replies
    • 893 views
  11. LeeStrong
    Started by LeeStrong,

    Hello all, making this thread for those of us who attended the Assessment Centre on the 18th January. Was anyone on these forums actually there? Thread doesn't matter any more, found the relevant discussion thread once again. I absolutely promise to utilize the bookmark feature in my web browser from now on. ;-P

    • 0 replies
    • 425 views
  12. Wally89
    Started by Wally89,

    Evening guys, I Apologise if it has been a thread already could not find it. Leaving spring house fairly soon (as a PC) and am finding the equipment all on my belt completely Alien. How accessible are the Tac vests with regards to uniform department letting you have them? I think used to be a "Back pain" clause, however ive made a few friends since starting who all have them? Cheers

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 1.9k views
  13. Pietrro
    Started by Pietrro,

    Had to take my first victim statement and was not happy with the quality of it. Missed some points, spelling was not great etc. How can I improve my skills in statement taking as want to make sure that they are as good as they can be?

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 963 views
  14. Pietrro
    Started by Pietrro,

    Hi all Is there any free parking at Ebbsfleet Int? Looking at my travel arrangements to St Pancras on Sundays and it would be much easier for me to commute from Ebbsfleet. Anyone any info/ suggestions? Many Thanks.

    • 3 replies
    • 578 views
  15. Matador
    Started by Matador,

    Don't know how many of you have Sky but BTP are featuring on this programme currently on Sky 1. It is looking at the policing measures put in place for the Newcastle/Sunderland derby game. Should be on Sky on demand when it's done too.

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 986 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.