Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. Truncheon
    Started by Truncheon +,

    To apply click here: https://btp.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/channel-1/appcentre-3/brand-3/xf-5d2bf2d8208b/candidate/so/pm/6/pl/1/opp/802-Student-Officer-Recruitment-2014/en-GB Oh, and as usual. Good luck! External-Internal Campaign - March 2014 FAQ.doc PC Recruitment England and Wales 3.pdf

      • Like
    • 723 replies
    • 38.1k views
  2. Exley
    Started by Exley,

    Thought I'd start a new thread for anyone who has received a conditional offer from the last round of ACs and is looking to start in the new year. Anyone?

      • Like
    • 370 replies
    • 22.5k views
  3. Smeders
    Started by Smeders,

    BTP Direct Entry Programme 2014 - Superintendent Location: FHQ Rank: SUPT Part/Full Time: Full Time Type Of Contract: Permanent Job Description 1 Are you an outstanding senior leader with what it takes to progress to the highest ranks within a national organisation? The College of Policing has launched the Direct Entry (Superintendent) Programme, designed to attract highly talented leaders from outs…

    • 4 replies
    • 2.4k views
  4. Sidious
    Started by Sidious +,

    Click here to visit the official British Transport Police website

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 12.8k views
  5. Truncheon

    The previous* Railway Byelaws thread is now a few years old. During the life of the thread there has been some Q&A, as well as information about non National Rail Byelaws. The final straw was broken download links. So I thought it would be a good idea to have a new thread with an initial post about Byelaws for the main railway systems in Great Britain and some general FAQs. What are Railway Byelaws? Railway Byelaws create offences that specifically apply to the railway. They are dealt with in Magistrates Court and are punishable by a fine of up to level 3 on the standard scale (i.e. £1000). What do Railway Byelaws cover? Railway Byelaws cover a wide range of areas…

      • Like
    • 45 replies
    • 12.4k views
  6. Krycek
    Started by Krycek,

    I thought I'd split this off from the WW area recruitment thread, and make it a topic of its own. Why did you decide to join/apply to BTP? I'm quite interested in this as BTP still has a fairly low profile amongst the general public, it's nobody's local force, and it's a specialised force as well. So what are/were people's motives for joining? Personally, I just thought it'd be interesting to be a police officer on the London Underground, hence I applied for L area and got in. I found that I enjoyed it and decided, when I moved back to Wales, to carry on with BTP.

      • Like
    • 57 replies
    • 5.3k views
    reassurance-patrol
  7. Gemkins
    Started by Gemkins,

    Is anyone else attending assessment centre this weekend? Feeling a bit lost studying wise!

      • Like
    • 38 replies
    • 2k views
  8. Gemkins
    Started by Gemkins,

    Hi Chaps Apologies if this seems a daft question but here goes. Do I need to send my documents with the vetting form if I have already presented them at assessment centre? Secondly I don't know my actual Dad. I know his name and city he was born in but not when or where he is now. How do I get around the father details box?!

    • 4 replies
    • 571 views
  9. HeroicDonkey
    Started by HeroicDonkey,

    Hi all, Can anyone based in or around Stockwell station confirm if there is any free parking within a reasonable walking distance. For nights etc. HD

    • 2 replies
    • 528 views
    HeroicDonkey
  10. 11rich11

    Hello, Does anyone have any information on when the next specials recruitment in wales and western will be? Regards Rich

    • 9 replies
    • 615 views
  11. mightymini
    Started by mightymini * ,

    Hi, A quick question about asthma... "Does having mild asthma exclude you from becoming a regular Police Officer with BTP?" Is anyone here a serving BTP officer with asthma or does anyone know of any serving BTP officers with asthma? Having it, has never effected me (I cant remember the last time I used an inhaler) as a Special with another force and I regard myself as reasonably fit and I even recently passed a 5.4 fitness/bleep test. I also regularly cycle and visit the gym once a week but regardless of this, I just wanted to ask as I'm a bit worried in case having asthma is going to be an issue with BTP. P.S Would a "default" present on my credit file be an issue…

    • 6 replies
    • 770 views
  12. Smeders
    Started by Smeders,

    Hiya, Im a Special currently going through my training with BTP. I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on if Specials can also do security work part time (i do not need a SIA licence if its any help, employer is Asda). Would it be possible to do the role till im attested in August and then move into a shop floor role? I obviously will be contacting my forces HR tomorrow but was wondering if anyone had any experience with something like this? Thanks!

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 837 views
    johnpeter0810
  13. TimJWoodhouse
    Started by TimJWoodhouse * ,

    Sorry if this has been answered in a previous thread. I'm on the PCSO May intake and having difficulty booking trains. I'm unsure what time to book the train back to Birmingham on the Friday evening after training. I heard training was 9-5 but then I'm sure I've read on a previous thread you finish early on a Friday. Hope someone can clear this up for me. Thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 523 views
    PC Meerkat +
  14. Wayward
    Started by Wayward,

    Howdy, Just wondered if anyone else on here is starting training on 27th May?

  15. Ernest
    Started by Ernest,

    Anybody getting posted to Guildford in the coming intakes?

    • 1 reply
    • 445 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.