Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. DS Warner
    Started by DS Warner,

    A bit trivial maybe but today at Harrow On The Hill Underground Station I couldn't help but notice and (gaze in awe lol) at two BTP officers............... however I noticed to my surprise that in their duty belts lay Tasers (X26s it seems) I was almost flabbergasted as I thought that only the odd special response officer or Approved Firearms Officer (AFO) would have one! Are Tasers standard kit now for BTP officers?

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 3.3k views
  2. Eliott Barr
    Started by Eliott Barr,

    Can someone clarify for me please what the BTP uniform is and what equipment officers are given? Are they required to wear certain uniforms for certain duties? Thanks very much Eliott

      • Like
    • 157 replies
    • 17.2k views
  3. SheriffoftheEast
    Started by SheriffoftheEast,

    Hi guys, a friend has just been posted to an LU line SPT! What are they and what do they do? I take it its just a btpism for a railway snt or lpt? Cheers!!!

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1.3k views
  4. cjugirl30
    Started by cjugirl30,

    Or is it just me :-). Really looking forward to starting a week on Monday and would be nice to get acquainted beforehand!

    • 1 reply
    • 596 views
  5. Toms
    Started by Toms +,

    (no op info please) I would turn BTP into a national force and make it the policing arm of the NCA. I would increase its jurisdiction to cover major arterial roads, railways, nuclear and power facilities, airports, postal and national internet crime whilst also including the enforcement side of the UKBA. I think that for these areas a national force would be a good thing allowing the Home Office forces to focus on local issues I would also make the NCA more enforcement than just investigative. So as well as just investigating organised crime they would also do door knocks, arrest warrants and such, ultilising the former BTP as their uniformed arm. I would give the NCA…

      • Like
    • 50 replies
    • 3.3k views
  6. eski
    Started by eski,

    Thought I'd start this topic as a start for the next stage of the process for btp

      • Like
    • 297 replies
    • 30.4k views
  7. wtonlad
    Started by wtonlad,

    Hi everyone. I passed my fitness assessment today and have now received my formal offer of employment for the October intake. Just wondering who else is going to be there.

      • Like
    • 50 replies
    • 3.5k views
  8. wba1990
    Started by wba1990,

    Not sure if anybody has seen but BTP are recruiting Special Constable's for the Wales & Western area - Bristol, Coventry, Gloucester and Wolverhampton https://btp.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/channel-1/appcentre-3/brand-3/xf-07ba58b2b339/candidate/so/pm/6/pl/1/opp/534-Special-Constable-Wales-Western-Area/en-GB

    • 2 replies
    • 460 views
  9. AnthonyB
    Started by AnthonyB +,

    As the topic says....... I'm curious as to how it works on the other side of the rails so to speak. When you can work, what you can do, where you cover, training, why you prefer it to a Home Office force etc, etc.

    • 3 replies
    • 516 views
  10. Matador
    Started by Matador,

    I was reading a few other threads in the general section and noticed posts where BTP Officers referred to Met units attending incidents to assist them and vice versa. I have also heard that due to the spread of assets there is a good relationship between both forces in terms of covering each other where needed. My question - how does it work? Do your control rooms liaise with each other to dispatch you to incidents in support of the other force as required? Do you check in on a Met radio channel when you cross into a different borough? Let us say for example you press your emergency button - does it sound on Met radios in the area as well as BTP radios? And vice versa …

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.4k views
  11. Howellj1989
    Started by Howellj1989,

    Posting on behalf of a friend. Has any one heard back in regards to the vacancies at the end of may Yet?

    • 5 replies
    • 804 views
  12. JossFroggatt
    Started by JossFroggatt * ,

    Hi, Just wondering if anyone applied for the North East specials? I have and sent my application on 28th July, it says to give 28 days and then assume I'm unsuccessful. It currently says under review. Has anyone heard anything? Thanks, Joss

    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. pedmond
    Started by pedmond,

    Could anyone enlighten me as to the recruitment process for the BTP in Scotland? Is it similar to E&W and do they use the SET?

    • 1 reply
    • 908 views
  14. Simlam
    Started by Simlam,

    Does anyone know what shift pattern the regs work in Wales and Western specifically Wolverhampton. Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 778 views
  15. LMAB90
    Started by LMAB90,

    I am looking for advice - I understand that the minimum MSFT fitness criteria is level 5.4, however do candidates who surpass level 5.4 score better marks on the day iteself? I am doing my prep work in advance for an assessment centre... When it comes to the interview; is it best practice to prepare a response for each of the core competency listed in the ICF? Are all competencies asked about in the A/C interview? I don't want to waste valuable time in preparing responses for competencies which are not going to be asked. I am not looiking for any insider info or privileged information in regards to the recruitment process nor am I looking an easy ride; I am merely l…

    • 8 replies
    • 3.9k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.