Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. FriSp
    Started by FriSp,

    Anyone else on the AC's for either the 30th November/1st of December? I just got my candidate briefing through today.

      • Like
    • 58 replies
    • 2.5k views
  2. HeroicDonkey
    Started by HeroicDonkey,

    Hi all Can anyone shed any light on what the shift patterns are like on LU area? Kind regards HD

    • 2 replies
    • 503 views
    Administrative Account
  3. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    On the 9th of January I have to go back to London to do fitness test and uniform fitting after getting a conditional offer. Does anyone think they will pass my fitness test results from my PCSO AC which I| Passed on January 25th last year? Just curious as I don't really want to fork out another £100 in train fares if I don't really have to.

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 666 views
  4. Truncheon
    Started by Truncheon +,

    BTP are also recruiting for PCs in Scotland to be based at Aberdeen Edinburgh Glasgow To apply go to: https://www.btprecruitment.com/ Good luck PC Recruitment England and Wales.pdf PC Recruitment Scotland.pdf

      • Like
    • 1k replies
    • 89.8k views
  5. Rogue One
    Started by Rogue One,

    Found an episode finally!! In 2 parts.. Enjoy!

      • Like
    • 80 replies
    • 5.9k views
  6. HeroicDonkey
    Started by HeroicDonkey,

    Hi all, Off to finally buy some new running trainers after my old ones are well and truly dead. Starting training at Spring house in Jan, do we have to have white trainers for OST/ PST? Don't want to buy luminous green ones etc then have to go buy another pair! The only reason I ask this is that in the Met we had to wear white trainers for OST ( of which my ones are now nackered!) Kind Regards HD

    • 8 replies
    • 835 views
  7. Iron_man

    There is currently an internal recruitment drive in the BTP intranet for PCs across the uk. As it's internal, I'm not going to put up all of the info here - please see the intranet. Only people currently employed by BTP can apply - this is not open to members of the public and is in addition to the officers BTP are currently training. (Specials are eligible to apply) Unfortunately, people who have applied to the most recent external campaign are not eligible to apply. (I believe this was the October one) People who applied in the driver at the start if the year are eligible. If you have concerns over your eligibility, please contact HR. I'm typing this from me…

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.2k views
  8. HeroicDonkey
    Started by HeroicDonkey,

    Hi all, starting PC training at Spring House in January, going to ask Father Xmas for a Blackstones policing book but there are hundreds! Does anyone have an opinion of which one is best to help with training and probation? I know this is about 'kit' so perhaps should be in Kit Corner but is also specific to BTP. Kind Regards HD

    • 7 replies
    • 699 views
  9. Matador
    Started by Matador,

    Boris and the head of London Underground announced today that from 2015 some lines will run throughout Friday and Saturday nights as part of the 24hr tube introduction. Thoughts both generally and from a policing perspective? More details about which lines here: http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/21/24-hour-tube-service-at-weekends-by-2015-transport-for-london-announces-419548

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 996 views
  10. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25036838 Saw this article on the Beeb - very interesting read.

    • 4 replies
    • 741 views
  11. HeroicDonkey
    Started by HeroicDonkey,

    Hi all. How many days PST do student officers receive in training?

    • 10 replies
    • 907 views
  12. FriSp
    Started by FriSp,

    Hi, Basically I attended an information evening in Glasgow last month, received my application afterwards, completed sent away. Got an email back saying "congratulations you've made it through the paper sift but due to operational requirements BTP is no longer looking to recruit in Scotland currently" Or at least words to those affects. I was presented with the opportunity to consider a posting within England as that is currently the route I am taking and have my assessment day in London at the end of November. I just have a few questions for the differences this would make - 1. I am fairly certain in Scotland the JFRT involves running a mile and half in 12 minutes, b…

    • 5 replies
    • 940 views
  13. Radman

    Sort of an odd topic BUT an interesting one, I thought it was a pretty interesting take on an old subject. We all know a Police Constable can determine drunkenness, but having read the railway byelaws my attention was drawn to this little nugget: 4 1) No person shall enter or remain on the railway where such person is unfit to enter or remain on the railway as a result of being unfit through intoxication 3) Where an authorised person reasonably believes that any person is unfit to enter or remain on the railway, or has with him intoxicating liquor contrary to Byelaw 4(2), an authorised person may: (i) require him to leave the railway; and (ii) prevent him entering …

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 761 views
  14. Matador
    Started by Matador,

    I brought it up in another topic but I think it got lost in the mix. Can anyone on the inside shed any more light on the planned changes with regard to going from 3 London areas down to 1. Intrigued as to both the motivations behind the decision as well as how they're planning to implement it in practice.

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1k views
  15. Jake22
    Started by Jake22,

    Has anyone applied for the posts after the Aberdeen and Glasgow information evenings last month?

    • 1 reply
    • 580 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.