Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. Mark_C
    Started by Mark_C,

    Hi, Now I appreicte this may have already been covered but.... I'm a current serving SC in an Home Office force and I've managed to get to the assesment centre for BTP. The word 'bespoke' seems to be banded about a lot for the BTP regulars recruitment process and it appears that this extends to the assessment centre itself. From the minimal information I can obtain freely on the Internet BTP do not use either SEARCH or NPIA recruitment tests. I was wondering if a serving BTP Officer could shed some light upon what to expect as the email stating what date you have been invited to only gives minimal info- 'Ability testing', 'presentation' are about as much informatio…

    • 11 replies
    • 1.6k views
    Hawkins1546081247
  2. Dizzydee
    Started by Dizzydee,
  3. DPM2013
    Started by DPM2013,

    Is anyone went through the process for BTP for PC and still awaiting the vetting results and final confirmation ? I submitted my forms late november and I am still waiting the result, I dont know what the hold up is its well over the 8 week margin, can anyone confirm if this is a normal process as I am starting to worry, I dont want to have come this far and fall at the last hurdle. Any info will help. Cheers guys

    • 0 replies
    • 407 views
  4. znra2511546080955
    Started by znra2511546080955,

    Could someone explain to me the workings of the 10 week 6 on 3 off BTP response shift pattern please Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 974 views
    golf-uniformvictor
  5. Pcplodwales
  6. Anthonyyy
    Started by Anthonyyy,

    Thought I'd start a thread for people who have their assessments this month. Has anyone heard anything who went this weekend? We got told we'd know by today but haven't heard anything so far

    • 11 replies
    • 1k views
  7. MrEdinburgh
    Started by MrEdinburgh,

    There is a rather worrying clause in the draft legislation following the Smith Commission proposing the devolvement of rail policing in Scotland to the Scottish Parliament. This would be a guaranteed end to the BTP in Scotland. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/397079/Scotland_EnduringSettlement_acc.pdf#page70 - see page 72.

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 700 views
  8. TCambs
  9. Burnie
  10. jonnybasildon
  11. tjd3114
    Started by tjd3114,

    Hi. I start my SC training in January. I'm looking to find out a little more about what a typical shift would involve. I'm looking for a bit of reassurance before I start the training program that I will be welcomed into the team and able to participate and contribute as much as possible. I'd be interested to hear any thoughts or experiences from current btp specials, especially in outer London on what they get up to on duty and what the general reception was when they joined. Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 939 views
  12. Pcplodwales
    Started by Pcplodwales * ,

    Hey guys new on here. Basically I have passed my medical and have a start date provisionally for march/April for a PC intake. The problem i am having is that my fiance will be due to give birth towards the end of training and I will obviously need to be there. Will this be allowed? What's the procedure for getting the time I need off as annual leave is built into the training schedule. Any help would be appreciated

    • 6 replies
    • 818 views
  13. Boomtown
    Started by Boomtown,

    Hi all Just passed my btp assessment and submitted my vetting. Been employed as police staff for 6 yrs now and CTC and SC vetted. Little concerned about BTP vetting after reading some horror stories, got 1x CCJ which is fully paid and shown as settled/satisfied due to fall off dec 2015 and 3x defaults 2x fully paid 1x has £60 left. I have fully declared all this on the form. No criminal record or traffic offences, perfect PSD record with no substantiated complaints. I know vetting is a minefield but what's the general take on me passing vetting? Cheers all.

    • 1 reply
    • 776 views
  14. Anthonyyy
    Started by Anthonyyy,

    Assessment centre date? Sorry. 1st time on this.. Has anyone heard back from HR about their application? Mine still says under review and the assessment centre is this weekend.. The application was shut only a week last Friday and can't see them telling everyone so soon Any help would be great

    • 15 replies
    • 1.3k views
  15. DPM2013
    Started by DPM2013,

    Anybody shed any light on the btp fitness exam I understand there is a bleep test of 5.4 and a push pull test ? does anyone know how many reps ect ? Cheers

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 2.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.