Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. Ja999met
    Started by Ja999met,

    Anyone else put their application in???

  2. Rogue One
    Started by Rogue One,

    Hi All Been offered an assessment on the 6th May.. However, to cut a long story short... Relationship has come to an end so decided to make the most of the opportunity and go abroad for the summer (Mid May to Late September) and do some work, relax and generally have a break from the last 7 years! 1 - If I am out of the country and I was successful at the assessment, would the BTP even progress my application? Do I need to be at a fixed UK address whilst it is ongoing? 2 - I have heard the first intake would be July, with further intakes later on in the year... Again, counting my chickens and hoping that I was successful, could I defer my start date to a later date…

    • 5 replies
    • 643 views
  3. NPspecial
    Started by NPspecial,

    quick question i know BTP have the new high vis vests but i have seen some with black ones. is there a choice or is it all high vis

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.3k views
  4. WB98
    Started by WB98,

    Okay guys, I have a few questions about British Transport Police. I have heard a few things that I am not sure are completely true! If anyone can shed any light on any of these I would be grateful. 1 - Do BTP Officers use a utility belt - I have only seen their equipment on their vest. 2 - Some one once told me, that due to BTP not being a Home Office force apparently they don't get a Badge (only a warrant). I realise that the badge means nothing, as the warrant means everything. But I find it hard to believe a police force doesn't issue one. I think that is about it for now, I probably will have more in the near future! Thanks in advanced! Regards, Sam

      • Like
    • 54 replies
    • 3.7k views
  5. manbearpig
    Started by manbearpig,

    Hey i applied for the DDO Position located in London just wondering if anyone else has? and was also wondering if anyone could tell me how long the whole recruitment process takes? Thanks in Advance

    • 6 replies
    • 754 views
  6. SergeantAngel
    Started by SergeantAngel,

    I originally posted this question on another BTP Thread, although I realised that I should have created a thread for the question rather than changing the topic of the original thread. Can anyone tell me when the last BTP PCSO intake for London South & L Underground was? and does anyone have any ideas when the next recruitment drive will be/might be.

      • Like
    • 67 replies
    • 4.5k views
  7. Frank Castle
    Started by Frank Castle,

    Is Spring house open today? Short and sweet!

    • 5 replies
    • 820 views
  8. Em88
    Started by Em88,

    Someone told me that working for the BTP can get you a job as a train driver with TFL and the other big railway companies. Any truth in this?

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 1.7k views
  9. edmund_blackadde
    Started by edmund_blackadde,

    Morning all, I'm starting PC training on Monday 4th and was wondering how many others out there from the forum are starting then as well? Also be interested to hear any tips on getting through the first week , where people are staying etc... Cheers,

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 1.9k views
    fodfather1546081026
  10. RT341546081629
    Started by RT341546081629,

    Just a quick question.... Do most stations have NPT and response teams or are they just all in one? What kind of numbers make up a shift?

    • 12 replies
    • 943 views
    R_Brotheridge
  11. HampshireSaint
    Started by HampshireSaint,

    Hi Guys Just a quick question.. Do BTP staff get free travel on the rail network? Looking at applying for a staff role at FHQ. I'm just over an hour outside of london so travel costs would be a factor on whether I applied or not. Cheers

    • 8 replies
    • 1.5k views
  12. bhardwaj2010
    Started by bhardwaj2010,

    Anyone been to an AC recently for the BTP for the PC role. Is there a writing element for the test's ????. Im aware they do a verbal and numeracy reasoning tests and a interview. Whats the thinking test about ?????

  13. Adamski1546081335
    Started by Adamski1546081335 +,

    Any officers (Special, Reg or PCSO) share some local knowledge? Ta in advance, Adam

    • 3 replies
    • 533 views
  14. mwe0
    Started by mwe0,

    A possible opportunity has come up for me to move into a position within the London North Area more specifically the inner London area of London North. Just wandering if there any officers who are based at any of these posts, just had a few questions really. For info I am a Reg. Thank you

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 736 views
  15. _TECH_
    Started by _TECH_,

    Hi all, Submitted my application for the regs. Does anybody know where the training is held now? My research so far has led to highbury in Islington. Does anybody know how it's structured etc?

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 3.4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.