Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. Ryan#
    Started by Ryan# +,

    Ellor This is basic, what is it like working for the British Transport Police as a Special Constable? In September, when I'm off to Uni in Birmingham I'm thinking of reapplying for the specials. I thought, what's better than asking those who currently or have worked as a Special in the British Transport Police! :D What sort of things do you do as a Special in the British Transport Police? If not I'm thinking about joining the West Midlands Police, Special Constabulary when their campaign to recruit happens...but at the moment, I'm quite interested joining the BTP as a special... Thank you guys! :D

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
    General Purpose
  2. tcb1981
    Started by tcb1981,

    Hey all, I have a pcso assessment this Friday, the day entails : 1: competency based interview 2: written communications test 3: fitness test 4: uniform fitting I'm not overly concerned about the fitness test, nor the competency interview, but advice would be great. Can anyone offer tips on the written excercise? I have a book to help me. i'm not the quickest or neatest writer. Any general advice would be really welcome. Kind regards PS. Does it matter if I write in capitals ?

    • 3 replies
    • 898 views
    General Purpose
  3. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    Today BTP are recruiting PCSOs for London again, Why is that? Was there not enough candidates for the Febuary recruitment PCSO campain? Did many candidates who applied in Febuary fail the assessment? Are people not interested in the role?

      • Like
    • 40 replies
    • 9.8k views
    General Purpose
  4. HC999
    Started by HC999,

    http://www.dailymail...-commuters.html Are there any plans to put these barriers at all stations? Overcrowding and increased usage is clearly a problem, this should be a top priority for TFL.

    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views
  5. manbearpig
    Started by manbearpig,

    Hey, it seems being a special in the met you get free travel and some other perks, do BTP or even city of london offer the same or anything similar?? aaaaannnd before i get people having a moan im not only interested in the benefits im still very much committed in joining the btp as a special regardless of the answer i was just curious. Cheeeers

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.4k views
  6. c07
    Started by c07,

    Hi all, Is it possible to apply for BTP and say the MET at the same time? Thanks

    • 7 replies
    • 1.2k views
  7. General Purpose
    Started by General Purpose,

    I have a question in regards to the assessment centre... Can someone clarify what 'Verbal Logical Reasoning' actually in English.

    • 7 replies
    • 724 views
    General Purpose
  8. Frank Castle
    Started by Frank Castle,

    Evening all. I've applied to for post of BTP PCSO. I'd like to get a brief overview what duties,tasks,locations any serving BTP PCSO's in London areas get up to. Im also interested if any BTP PCSO's who have become BTP regs would like to share their journey/experiences. Not sure if there are any existing threads relating to this. CHEERS>

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. Farm Boy
    Started by Farm Boy,

    I've started this topic as I could not see the answers anywhere else. 1.Is there one person/Department you book in your available hours with? 2.How far in advance do they like you to book in your hours? 3.If something changes in your diary and you have some spare hours to give how much short notice would they take? 4.If you need to cancel some hours how much notice/ Short notice do BTP like to have? 5.Can you work with any officer/ SC or do you have to work your hours around a tutor officer/SC until you have IPS?

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 860 views
  10. DS Warner
    Started by DS Warner,

    Hi I am currently waiting for an application with the Met but I have also decided to apply to BTP too. However I know the training for the Met comes in different forms. One being 23 Consecutive Saturdays or Sundays (your choice) Can someone tell me what BTP training is like? When? Is it in London? Where? and How long it lasts for? I pray the training still isn't held in Tadworth!! and what kind of stuff is covered by the BTP training? Many thanks Jon

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 2.2k views
  11. Mpt
    Started by Mpt,

    Just a question on BTP areas. I'm looking at hopefully being able to transfer later in 2013 (University ending and moving elsewhere) if all goes well, and BTP is where I would like to be. How do areas work? London North seems a healthy option for myself when I do apply. How do you work within those areas (Between say London North covering several counties, as do other areas)? Are officers divisional, or (as I would guess) is it split into districts between areas (North, east, west?)? Can anyone offer advice regarding stations, such as where they what station was best for yourself (assuming there is space at said station when you apply)? I don't drive so train is how I …

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 825 views
  12. SergeantAngel
    Started by SergeantAngel,

    Hi all, I created a profile on the BTP recruitment website and clicked apply, I was then sent an application form/pack (Auto email). This was Last night, I have slept on it and I do not feel comfortable sending in an application in one day and I feel that in 6 months time I will be a stronger applicant. Due to this, I have decided not to submit my application pack. Silly question, but technically I have not applied have I, I do not have to wait 6 months before applying to a police service as I only created the profile. Just double checking. Thank you in advance.

    • 3 replies
    • 615 views
  13. H&H
    Started by H&H,

    Hi All! Just wondering if there's anyone on here that had found out they're on the January intake today??

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 1.8k views
  14. Frank Castle
    Started by Frank Castle,

    Morning all, I know this is up and running,can't seem to find this topic. Vacancies haven't been put on BTP website yet? Thanks.

      • Like
    • 713 replies
    • 53.4k views
  15. Truncheon
    Started by Truncheon +,

    The closing date is 13th August 2012. To apply go to the BTP Recruitment website. Oh, one other thing: Good luck :new_shades:

      • Like
    • 37 replies
    • 3.7k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.