Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. OldGirl
    Started by OldGirl,

    Do you think I stand a chance of getting through the shuttle run?

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 941 views
  2. towers
    Started by towers,

    Does anyone know if BTP are signed up to the bike2work scheme?

    • 1 reply
    • 745 views
  3. ColinS
    Started by ColinS,

    BTP are looking for PC's for dedicated metal theft teams in Leeds and Darlington. However, The vacancy states that "Candidates must be substantive in the rank of Police Constable; however applications are welcomed from re-joiner officers who have recent and relevant experience" - Would this include Special Constables? More details including full job description is available at https://www.btprecruitment.com/Vacancies.asp

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 986 views
    Police Constable 1 +
  4. Iron_man
    Started by Iron_man,

    Hi guys! This isn't a chatty topic about whoes team came where in what league (for those of you who saw the title and thought that it was! You know who you are!) I'm wondering, as this will be my first summer with BTP, what do we do when there is no football season? Are there more specific ops arranged? Days of action? Are all of our duties taken up with keep little "darling angels" off the tracks while they are in summer holidays? Or Is it a great time to go away on holiday? Cheers!

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 1.3k views
    fodfather1546081026
  5. ColinS
    Started by ColinS,

    I know BTP has a cricket team, but can anyone tell me if BTP have a rugby union team?

    • 2 replies
    • 1k views
  6. dan4300
    Started by dan4300,

    Hello all, I'm currently interested in transfering from West Mercia Police to the BTP. I have my independant status as a special and would hope that i'm relatively experienced by now. On talking to the BTP recruitment department I was told it is possible to transfer but my chosen area, Wales & Western aren't currently recruiting and when I asked if they had any idea when they would be starting I was told to look on the BTP website ! I'm sure that they are this "helpful" with everyone but does anyone have any ideas when they may start recruiting again ? Many thanks, Dan 4300

    • 12 replies
    • 1.3k views
  7. 95%boredom5%terror
    Started by 95%boredom5%terror,

    Hi just noticed the pinned thread by Trucheon re vacancies. I am thinking of a move from a home office force to the Underground and rather than start a thread with my questions is there anyone out there, currently with BTP Specials, who can advise me directly if its possible/achievable/desirable? cheers

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.7k views
  8. Metcop892

    Hi, I want to become a special in london on the underground, however i live two and a half hours away by car! Do you think this will effect my application? Also they state on job description that they want you to work 16 hours a month broke into two eight hour shift, so i would only need to commute twice a month. Thanks for reading just wondering what you think?

    • 17 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. BTPSC
    Started by BTPSC,

    Hi all, I've tried looking for BTP specific answers to the following but couldn't see anything, apologies if I'm going over old ground. My skipper has offered me a couple of courses/quals recently and I've not been in yet to ask any specific q's so thought it may be easier to ask here. I've been offered to do a basic driving ticket, nothing too hard to grasp but I'm curious to know if it allows me to drive all BTP vehicles (i.e. marked and unmarked)? On the same note, would a basic ticket allow me to do compliance stops on sus. vehicles? Secondly, at my station we have several police cycles and apparently you have to do a course to take them out. Has anyone done the c…

    • 13 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. November-Bravo
    Started by November-Bravo,

    From the BTP media release site: 24 May 2011 10:00 BRITISH TRANSPORT POLICE WELCOMES DEPARTMENT FOR TRANSPORT ANNOUNCEMENT ON ARMED POLICINGThe Secretary of State for Transport has given authorisation for British Transport Police (BTP) to have a capability for armed policing on Britain’s rail network. Commenting on the announcement, British Transport Police, Chief Constable Andy Trotter said: “I welcome the decision for British Transport Police to have armed officers at mainline stations during times of heightened threat of terrorist attack.†“BTP officers have an excellent working knowledge of the railway which will enable them to respond quickly to any incide…

    • 4 replies
    • 1k views
  11. EvoChris
    Started by EvoChris,

    We were given our unifrom trousers on the first weekend. These were measured by the 'Tailor' however my trousers are ridiculous and built for 2 of me in them. They measured around the belly button wearing the trousers high, however i have seen no others wear them this high, theres are all on waist and not baggy.!! im not the only one with this, am i allowed to get these adjusted?

    • 15 replies
    • 1.7k views
  12. Metcop892
    Started by Metcop892,

    Hi, just wondering how many vacancies there on the London Underground for Special Constable?

    • 0 replies
    • 638 views
  13. OldGirl
    Started by OldGirl,

    Link to the BBC news story here Flabbergasted!

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 1.5k views
  14. OldGirl

    I hope I get some good tales in this post. My latest one has to be this - it happened last week. On Monday my new oven arrives, so we move the old oven outside and place it around the side of our property where it is more-or-less out of sight. On Wednesday there's a knock at the front door, which I choose to ignore as the person looks like a right dodgy type. A few moments pass... then..... there's a right old cacophony coming from my path. Being the twitchy curtains type that I am, I take a look out from my front window & see the 'dodgy type' numpty trying to make off with my old oven! As they say in London "I couldn't Adam & Eve it!" I ended up running outs…

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.2k views
  15. Headset57
    Started by Headset57,

    17 May 2011 17:38THERE IS NO BOMB INCIDENT AT KING'S CROSS In response to rumours on Twitter, there is NO bomb incident at King's Cross today 17/5/2011. http://www.btp.presscentre.com/Media-Releases/THERE-IS-NO-BOMB-INCIDENT-AT-KING-S-CROSS-14dc.aspx http://twitter.com/#!/btp_uk For more information contact: National Pressdesk British Transport Police t:020 7267 6100 e: pressdesk@btp.pnn.police.uk For the latest news, updates and insight, follow BTP on Twitter: @btp_uk.

    • 4 replies
    • 1.7k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.