British Transport Police
Subforums
-
This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.
999 topics in this forum
-
-
Hey all, i wouldnt worry about the BMI part of the medical. I had mine last month with btp and i play rugby and football, i was suprised at my weight though as it is 19st 2lbs but im big built, i spoke with the doctor and he said they dont base a pass/fail on bmi alone its about lifestyle and body fat %. They can tell if your simply overweight or big built and if your the latter then nothing to worry about but if your simply overweight through unhealthy lifestyle and lack of excercise then you might be in some trouble. If your rugby build natrually or work out in a sport or do weight that makes you big built then you will be fine. The doctor said to me the main things th…
-
I was wondering if anyone has heard about passing / failing the assessment in Glasgow, i,ve not heard anything yet fingers crossed as there was a good bunch there to be working with if i pass
-
Hey all, just to let you know got a call from HR and i passed my assessment & interview with an average pass mark of 86%!!!!! Im so excited and happy and its made my weekend!!! Anyone else who was in the intake pass????
-
HelpDrivers and pedestrians who put their lives at risk and ignore safety signals at level crossings have a greater chance of being prosecuted thanks to a new high-tech spy camera. Network Rail say the number of people risking their lives has risen over the last five years. The BBC's Alison Moss reports. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12401422
-
Hello all, Im due to begin organizing my first shifts and I was wondering if specials/officers in general do many night shifts on the underground considering it shuts generally around 0030hrs. Somewhere down the line depot checks have been mentioned, and also that LU officers take overground calls if they come in, deal as necessary and complete a handover file for the relevant area, i.e LN or LS? Your voices of knowledge would be appreciated. Cheers, Gilly
-
For those of you who don't know me, I am in the recruitment process now for LN having recently flopped my fitness test for LU. I am a self-employed contractor who normally works on Government projects here and there, but contracting right now is near on impossible due to spending cuts etc. So. What do you think about this scenario below? There's a job posted on the BTP site for a Regional Personal Safety Trainer which I am seriously interested in, but should I apply? Bearing in mind that my running on the bleep test was dreadful for the LU intake!? I wonder whether HR are only considering applicants who are super fit (like ex military types)? Please post your thoughts…
-
Hi All, Firstly sorry if this has been mentioned before! I heard some where that BTP do not in fact have rankings/grades for Special Constables. Is this true? If not could any one enlighten me to the structure? Thank you in advanced Kindest regards, Sam
-
Hi guys, does anyone here happen to work as a DDO for BTP? If so I have a few Q's about the role (especially if you work in one of the London areas). Thanks in advance Towers
-
-
Hey guys and gals, I like a few others on here are due to start training in a few weeks. I thought it may be useful to start a thread to see if any one has any advice about training. Some questions that may be useful to ask are: - Is there anything in particular you would suggest we take to training? (For example the simple ones notepad and pens. But is there anything else?) - Are there any books you would suggest we get beforehand. - Anything you think we should know about the training and just a general breakdown of what happens on a general day! Thanks everyone Sam
-
Are BTP specials public order trained like the City Police or the Met are being now. If so how long in do you have to be before you can apply for it. yours Paul
-
Hello, Could any BTP PCSOs based on the South Wales area please pm me please. Kind Regards Bluebird.
-
Hi all, I am currently undergoing training at SH, albeit not tomorrow as we have a venue change, and I'm curious to know a couple of things: 1) Is there an opportunity to request another set of buttoned epaulettes, as it becomes a little tiresome having to remove and attach them from shirt to fleece (and vise versa) - other than the 1 pair we've already been issued? Or is this something we need to do at our own cost/purchase and claim? (It's obviously not the be all and end all, I'm just curious to see if things can be made a little easier) 2) Once on area, is there an opportunity to wear your own boots (for example Lowas) as the issued boots are not as comfortable, as…
-
top-trumps, with the most unexciting police job. It's been a month in my new role and I LOVE IT! However, as we have all experienced police work isn't all.. "gun fights, car chases ..proppa action and silk" - (edited from) HOT FUZZ. What is the most unexciting situation you have had? For me it was trying to take off a bike lock for the owner who's lock had frozen. I was dressed in my new uniform, vest still out the box stiff, trying to remember all the moves from OPT in case this guy got annoied and summoned ninja's, i trying to write a lot about nothing in my PNB whilst I hear a man wrestling with a bike lock, trying to avoid his own enforcing section five! The bik…