Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. dawg
    Started by dawg,

    Hi folks Currently waiting to visit the assessment centre next week. I was wondering if anyone could let me know the BTP coverage in Devon, particularly in relation to SC's. I have been browsing the forum and have a pretty good idea of what they do in the country as a whole, but not much info on how it works down this way. Any info would be appreciated, look forward to joining up soon Dawg

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1k views
  2. Lee Makilo
    Started by Lee Makilo,

    Hello All! Man it's been a very long time since I posted one of these! Just wondering if there are any new Specials out there in BTP who have just been attested or are in the middle of their training. If so, where are you going to be based area and station wise. Look forward to hearing from you all. Not to mention the S/PC's who were on my COHORT about 2.5 years ago! Man, time flies. Regards Bravo

    • 15 replies
    • 1.5k views
  3. super64
    Started by super64,

    There is now a banner advertising the recruitment for specials in Scotland, I was told to check the website today and there it is, only a few weeks later RECRUITMENT!.

    • 0 replies
    • 705 views
  4. OldGirl
    Started by OldGirl,

    Good Luck - to everyone who is on the AC today. Let me know how it went? Please!! .... I just hope the rooms are not as cold as they were when I went last month

    • 7 replies
    • 900 views
  5. V8Warrior
    Started by V8Warrior,

    This may or may not have been covered before, but when trying on the Kit Belt and PDA vest at issue, I noticed that they would be suseptable to riding upwards if anything other than a brisk walk is needed. Is there anything on the market to keep the belt and vest pulled down without restricting movement when sitting/crouching down etc etc? Cheers :D

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.5k views
  6. Josh.G
    Started by Josh.G,

    Firstly I know this has is a common topic but I couldn't find the information I wanted from the other threads. I received a call today saying that I had passed the paper sift and have been invited to Birmingham (I'm from South Wales) and was just curious as what to expect when I get there? Any advice and information is most appreciated, still bouncing from the news :)

    • 2 replies
    • 925 views
  7. Duffman
    Started by Duffman,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk...ashire-11686982 A police officer has been charged with dangerous driving after a crash that left a man with serious leg injuries. Merseyside-based Pc Shaun David Lee, 39, of British Transport Police (BTP) was involved in a collision on Hornby Road, Ormskirk, on 1 April. The charge follows an investigation by his force which was overseen by the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC). Pc Lee will appear at Ormskirk Magistrates' Court on 19 November. A second officer whose actions were referred to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) by the investigation will face no criminal action.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.7k views
  8. OldGirl
    Started by OldGirl,

    Were any of you there?

    • 3 replies
    • 940 views
  9. Btpspecial
    Started by Btpspecial,

    Are they any new specials joing the nw area am one of 2 specials who have been in the north west for a while who has the ost training in september

    • 17 replies
    • 1.6k views
  10. Headset57
    Started by Headset57,

    A woman has been charged with murder after a man wearing women's clothes was apparently pushed under a Tube train. British Transport Police were called to King's Cross Station in central London on Monday evening to reports a man was under a Piccadilly Line train. Nina Kanagasingham, 34, of Chichele Road, Cricklewood, north London, will appear at City of Westminster Magistrates' Court on Thursday. The victim's name is yet to be released. The Piccadilly line was temporarily closed and the station was evacuated to allow police to recover the man's body. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11639505

    • 1 reply
    • 952 views
    Member of public 1 +
  11. Neil 73
    Started by Neil 73,

    Hi, I was wondering if police officers are entitled to any discounts, I've noticed a few sites on line but was wondering if anyone can give me advice about which ones a re reputable, I'm also aware that a btp officer there may be some rail discounts but can anyone clarify?

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.5k views
  12. Potious
    Started by Potious,

    This is to all BTP Regs, SC's, PCSO's, Civilian staff, New applicants, Transferees, Prospective applicants and everyone linked to BTP.... It would be an absolute pleasure to read the stories or reasons why you ended up or chose BTP... Potious

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 5k views
  13. blakey
    Started by blakey +,

    Hello all, Quick question it states that British Transport Police officers have "all the power and privileges of a constable" on railway network But do they have powers OFF duty and OFF the Railway network ?

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 1.6k views
  14. Hope2B
    Started by Hope2B,

    Hi All, Anyone heard anything from recruitment re the April Intake?

  15. Ryobi
    Started by Ryobi,

    not me....

    • 48 replies
    • 5.5k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.