Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. dan4300
    Started by dan4300,

    I'm currently a serving special with West Mercia Police and was wondering what the process for transfering to the BTP is. I can't find a phone number on the website to call about this. I was also wondering how busy shifts are as I would be likely to work at either Birmingham or Wolverhampton.

    • 8 replies
    • 1.7k views
  2. E29NP1546080952
    Started by E29NP1546080952,

    Always nice to see such historical sites on the Internet. The British Transport Police History Group. Full of information and photographs from yonder! Click Here!

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  3. Iron_man
    Started by Iron_man,

    Hey Guys, thinking of getting my own cuff key as I have seen a few good ones for a not too shabby price! Any advice on what I should look at/ steer clear of? Also, is there any force policy issues in relation to us using our own kit and gear? Cheers in advance, Greg

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 983 views
  4. OldGirl
    Started by OldGirl,

    Oh the dreaded F test on Friday 7th January... Six weeks of sleepless nights, cold sweats and wii fit shenanigans.. Who else is going?

    • 20 replies
    • 1.5k views
  5. gillies88
    Started by gillies88,

    All, Can anyone who has recently completed there BTP Specials training (8 weekends), tell me if the attestation was incorporated within the programme (i.e the final weekend) Currently on my course 50 per cent of the students are London South, and have been advised they are having an extra weekend, and an attestation in February. However the remaining 50 per cent (London Underground students) are yet to be told when the attestation is, and also what the remaining weekends involve. We have just been informed the upcoming weekend of 5th & 6th Decemeber is Track safety & Diversity. We have previously covered; First Aid Criminal Damage Theft Assaults Airwaves…

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. 5036RO
    Started by 5036RO,

    Sorry if someone else has asked this but are BTP planning to take on anymore SC on the London Underground soon Paul

    • 5 replies
    • 973 views
  7. OldGirl
    Started by OldGirl,

    It must happen, you finish shift late and your last train has left. Can anyone tell me what would happen if I was stranded at Paddington and needed to get back home to Reading? Would I have to stay at my station until the next morning, or what?

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.5k views
  8. jx_manc1
    Started by jx_manc1,

    Sorry to intrude. I just wondered how it works. Last friday i was on a night shift in one of the surrounding divisions of Manchester City Centre. We have very few railway stations and to be honest dont see BTP unless we request them. However, on friday officers were carrying out a vlp at a pub (news story in the Manchester Evening News) when all hell broke loose. A number of officers presses there emergency buttons and all patrols from across two radio channels and the division made to the scene. The scene was like chaos vehicles abandoned with lights and sirens still going. Amid all the action i noticed a lone BTP bobby who had obviously responded to the call. ( may i a…

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 2.2k views
  9. OldGirl
    Started by OldGirl,

    I was having a rummage through some of my old clothes which I have not worn for a while and came across my blue BTP t-shirt. I bought it from Tadworth a few years ago as my souvenir present for passing all the entrance exams. Now Tadworth has shut can you still get them?

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  10. Dizzydee
    Started by Dizzydee,

    Hi, Sorry if this seems a stupid question, but do BTP have their own trains or carriages that can be utilised for major incidents?

      • Like
    • 47 replies
    • 3.3k views
  11. Potious
    Started by Potious,

    Hi Guys, I'm wondering if anyone of you guys can share a bit of light on the police shoulder/collar numbering systerm. Is it true that your number is unique in the whole country and had never been issued before? Thanks.

    • 31 replies
    • 3.6k views
    Administrative Account
  12. Gert_Lush
    Started by Gert_Lush,

    I'm currently in Avon & Somerset, been here for 5 years, authorised for solo patrol, A-B driver blah blah blah... Just wondering what it is like at Temple Meads, what you get up to, where you police, who you crew with (SC or PC), the relationships between regs and specials, if you like it etc. I'd be grateful for a PM to ask more questions. Cheers.

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 967 views
    Administrative Account
  13. Damsel
    Started by Damsel +,

    OK, I'm confused. According to my chart HERE BTP specials can be trained & authorised to drive police vehicles. This information has been given to me by serving BTP specials, whom I assume are trained to drive BTP police vehicles. As part of the process of researching each for for the chart, I made a FOI request to BTP. They've eventually got back to me, and to say that the reply is curious (given the above) is an understatement. Can any BTP regulars/specials enlighten me please. You'll have to excuse the non relevant (to BTP) parts, as this was a generic email.

    • 16 replies
    • 3.9k views
  14. OldGirl
    Started by OldGirl,

    I really can't exactly remember which stations I put down as my preferred ones on my application (I think it was Baker Street, Heathrow and Reading...?) The question is, does it really matter when it comes to being given a station posting? Are my preferred choices taken into consideration?

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.1k views
  15. OldGirl
    Started by OldGirl,

    Generally speaking, what happens when you have a court day and need time off from work?

    • 6 replies
    • 945 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.