Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. GJB
    Started by GJB,

    Hi all, I'm a BTP SC in the far North, and I may be moving down to London at some point, and thus transferring to LN, LS or LU. Essentially, I'm asking what the differences between these areas are, and which you would recommend. I hear these areas are quite different in terms of funding, opportunities and politics; but I'm also keen to learn about the opportunities for, responsibility of and expectations of specials. Any thoughts? Please specify if you actually work on those areas too.

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1.2k views
  2. Btpspecial
    Started by Btpspecial,

    Does anybody work for a company whos involved in employer support policeing

    • 13 replies
    • 1.5k views
  3. Truncheon
    Started by Truncheon +,

    Click here for more information and to apply (ref 014-2011-SC-FHQ). Closing date is 7th April 2011. Good luck.

      • Like
    • 48 replies
    • 3.2k views
  4. Newbie26
    Started by Newbie26,

    Just for info!!! Anybody intrested in Transfering forces. BTP are accepting Transfers!! Have a look at this thread. https://www.btprecruitment.com/vacancies.asp Good luck everybody

    • 2 replies
    • 1.7k views
  5. special20111546081273
    Started by special20111546081273,

    Hey all, does anyone know the make of boots that you get issued with BTP? If anyone has a link or photo, that would be ace. Much appreciated

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 2.4k views
    fodfather1546081026
  6. andrewl6527
    Started by andrewl6527,

    any guys in BTP newcastle?

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
    Police Constable 1 +
  7. Police Constable 1
    Started by Police Constable 1 +,

    Just seen on the intranet that the force is to train new Officers to drive trains in an attempt to meet arrival times. Whats your thoughts

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.4k views
  8. Enraged flea 1
    Started by Enraged flea 1,

    Hello, I am a TVP Special but I am looking to Join BTP. Sadly the BTP website is about as useful as a chocolate teapot. So I had an Idea I shell ask serving BTP Specials on here. I have been in TVP for 2 and a half years and I am still happy with it. But I am looking to join BTP as a PC at some point in the coming future. So being a BTP SC will give me more of an idea of the job plus I do want to do it. So here are my few questions. 1. What are the day to day duties like. I.E how far afield do you patrol etc? 2. Are BTP looking for more Specials at the moment? 3. Is Oxford available as a station? 4. Driving Possibilities ie 1 hour ticket? 2 day ticket etc? 5. As …

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Enraged flea 1
  9. Loudand
    Started by Loudand,

    I'm just wondering if officers from up north will be allowed to police the Olympic's next year??

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. OldGirl
    Started by OldGirl,

    I have found a free bleep test app for android phones which gives you the choice of 15 metre and 20 metre runs. I'm just about to use it for the first time (despite it being chuffing cold outside) Wish me luck amigos!! https://market.android.com/details?id=uk.co.crazyhatter.bleeptest&feature=search_result

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 4.9k views
    RomeoAlphaWhiskey
  11. Alex_101
    Started by Alex_101,

    On the tube today and, a guy got on with a charity collection bucket saying he was under target and was collecting for a children's charity. He looked legit, had a uniform and lanyard around his neck baring an ID. Most of my carriage gave him money as he passed them. I just wondered if this was allowed?

    • 11 replies
    • 1.4k views
  12. Btpspecial
    Started by Btpspecial,

    is there any special constables who are working at the royal wedding for the btp

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.3k views
  13. Btpspecial
    Started by Btpspecial,

    any of you railway employes

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 772 views
  14. Blendher
    Started by Blendher,

    Hi guys, Thought you'd be the most qualified group of people to tell me what's what! So, can a Communications Officer for the BTP (dispatch officer/call handler) also be a Special Constable? Thanks, B

    • 11 replies
    • 2.2k views
    Administrative Account
  15. special20111546081273
    Started by special20111546081273,

    As the only national police force i find it a bit confusing that there is a difference in issued uniform & standards. For example.... In Scotland BTP officers do not wear "custodians" they all wear "flat caps". (i would have thought they all wore custodians apart from specialst roles who would wear flat caps) In England and wales they wear Custodians as standard. Also, in Scotland Police officers including specials DO NOT wear white short/long sleved shirts except on "special occasions" instead they wear the black tops with "police" marked on them. Im not trying to make an issue out of it, was just wondering why there was a difference in uniform when its the same…

    • 21 replies
    • 1.8k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.