Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. OldGirl
    Started by OldGirl,

    I am a very happy bunny right now. LU have reopened their doors and I'm going for a place again!! Now it's time to get back to my running (or rather, ahem, jogging) again :D) Anyone else going for LU?

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 941 views
  2. EvoChris
    Started by EvoChris,

    Who else is looking forward to it? Not long left now, must say it has been such a long wait and only seemed to talk about it alot and now it is here! all becomes real and cannot wait. Anyone else on the forum there this weekend?

      • Like
    • 45 replies
    • 2.5k views
  3. lovelylinzi
    Started by lovelylinzi,

    Hi guys, I am totally new to this site and only reason i joined is to say thanks (although i love your funky website). I had my handbag stolen in Birmingham (partly my own fault as i was very drunk) but the 2 british transport police officers were great in dealing with me as i was mega upset and drunk big time(not a good combination). All i want to say to both of these officers is thankyou so so much - you were amazing at what you did - i couldnt do your job at all. Both of these officers were so patient. I don't know if the officers will be on this site but i publicly wanted to say a big thankyou - ALL you guys in the police do an amazing job and you are not complime…

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Police Constable 1 +
  4. V8Warrior
    Started by V8Warrior,

    As the title people BTP are once again recruiting Special Constables for the following areas. London South London Underground North West https://www.btprecru...m/Vacancies.asp Good luck if you apply :D

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 677 views
  5. special20111546081273
    Started by special20111546081273,

    Hey all, was wondering two things regarding epaulettes, when uniform is issued and you get epaulettes, do they already have your "shoulder" number on them, or is this given to you at a later stage? Also does anyone know how they come up with your "shoulder" number? Sorry if this has already been discussed, BTP specific would be good. Thank you

      • Like
    • 34 replies
    • 3.3k views
  6. jonhny
    Started by jonhny,

    Just a general interest query really. How does response policing and neighbourhood policing differ in the British Transport Police, particulary in the London areas?

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 1.8k views
    Police Constable 1 +
  7. WB98
    Started by WB98,

    Guys and Gals, I am a Special in Training and was looking up Police Feds etc, looked up the Police Federation but they dont supprt Specials I called them just to make sure as they did have an artical saying they may start taking on Specials. Simple answer. They dont, nor do they support BTP apparently. They lass I spoke to forwarded me onto the BTPOLFED (clicky) just wondering of peoples views on BTPOLFED. Recommended? Thanks in advanced. Sam

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 1.3k views
  8. Ryobi
    Started by Ryobi,

    BTP are recruiting Specials, see link

    • 0 replies
    • 751 views
  9. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    PIR Test No Home Visit No Fitness Test Yes - 15m shuttle run Medical Yes Assessment Centre No, but pre-appointment interview Eyesight Requirement May be more stringent than the national standards due to track safety needs - see BTP site Training 6 weeks training Friday evening to Sunday (Residential) Other information BTP Specials receive safety and awareness training before being allowed on stations and trains accompanied by a regular officer. There follows a structured programme of regular training sessions and distance learning. Many areas of general police work are covered (law, procedures, powers of arrest, radio procedure etc.) plus specific railway off…

    • 22 replies
    • 9.7k views
    Shadow161546081169
  10. Giraffe
    Started by Giraffe +,

    I'm delighted to announce that Fry, a serving BTP officer and a valuable contributor to this forum, has been appointed as Mini-Moderator for the British Transport Police section. I'm sure that you will all show Fry the same level of respect as you would any of the other moderators on the forum, and join me in congratulating him on his appointment.

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 987 views
  11. Heimdall
    Started by Heimdall,

    Well done to everyone who passed assessment centre. Most of the Preston lot made it, but I've heard a whisper some of the Burnley lot didn't make it Well done guys and you've got plenty of time to get up to scratch for the fitness test...

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.7k views
  12. wmc budding motorcyclist
    Started by wmc budding motorcyclist,

    Hi I haven't been around for some years after failing the interview to join West Mercia (didn't breif them properly on the scenarios) Anyway, recently I've been looking into becoming a BTP special as i'll be more comfortable in the railway envioroment. My question is what is the definition of binocular vision in terms of the eyesight requirement. I used to be on the NWR apprencticeship scheme and my eyesight got cleared for the PTS© but have worries about this binocular bit as I have a lazy eye. Despite my lazy eye I do have reasonable depth perception, just not perfect. I don't want to apply to fall at the medical, because I know I can do the rest of the applicati…

    • 7 replies
    • 1.2k views
  13. Ash_H
    Started by Ash_H,

    Hey all! I'm new here and an aspiring special! I have just applied for BTP Manchester and wonder if anyone else has done the same?

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  14. Jon!
    Started by Jon! +,

    Hi all, Someone has just said to me that BTP cannot chase people, for example you could drive past them at 100mph and all they could do is notify the territorial police force. Is this true or can they pursue people? I thought that they could chase as it would be stupid if they couldn't. Cheers Jon

      • Like
    • 48 replies
    • 5.3k views
  15. November-Bravo
    Started by November-Bravo,

    Hey everyone, Just wondered if anyone on here had applied for the January Recruitment for BTP Scotland? I got my application in the end of December with the closing date being today, 9th January. - Has anyone heard anything yet? - What areas are you all hoping for? I'm hoping to get Edinburgh and haven't heard noting as yet but it is early doors so keep telling myself 'Must be patient'

      • Like
    • 30 replies
    • 2.8k views
    Shadow161546081169

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.