Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

British Transport Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is password protected and you will be required to obtain the password from the community owner.

  1. Cardiff Bluebird
    Started by Cardiff Bluebird,

    Hello, Would someone in the know please explain whether the BTP have the same eye sight medical standard as Home Office forces? Or is it more strict due to the requirement for officers to got trackside? Many Thanks. Bluebird.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.5k views
    Cardiff Bluebird
  2. theinsomniac2002
    Started by theinsomniac2002,

    Hi, I am currently in the initial phases of my BTP training at Spring house and am residing at Bernard Morgan House. With reagards to the free travel with TFL off duty does that also include London overground services as well as the underground and buses?

    • 0 replies
    • 2.5k views
    theinsomniac2002
  3. oscar24
    Started by oscar24 +,

    I hate to start a new thread but just wondered if anyone else was having the same issue. I am trying to read the May/June issue of British Transports Police 'The Line - Safe than ever', however i cant. Any one else having the same issue? Stay safe out there!

    • 5 replies
    • 942 views
  4. nikaveli
    Started by nikaveli,

    Just so everyone can get an idea of how many people are waiting post in here your vital statistics in your application for PC! Application Sent - May 2009 Day 1 - September 2009 passed 54% Fitness - ???? Medical - ???? Vetting - ???? Start Date - ???? Location - Barnet Area Applied For - London

    • 15 replies
    • 2.1k views
  5. oscar24
    Started by oscar24 +,

    Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, I have been successful in my application to become a DDO with BTP at the new London North Custody suite in August. I cannot wait to start and i will then be 'living the dream'. I am now looking to move to the Essex (as i know people who live there and the cost principle). I am just wondering as i cannot access the internal BTP website if there are officers/staff etc that are looking for house/flat mates to reduce costs/house flats to rent etc. I am either looking for own place if this option doesnt work or to share with someone who appreciates the shift work aspect of what will be. I am willing to pay upto £600 Per Calender Month and incl…

    • 3 replies
    • 3.5k views
  6. darkeyes
    Started by darkeyes * ,

    hi, I'm new to this forum. my name is Richard and am currently waiting to apply to a police force. I am currently a special with the Met but I took my assessment centre for the met last june and missed the pass mark by 3. really gutted obviously. From reading some posts on this board i notice that the day 1 results are valid for a year. Is this true? I have also heard from talking to some of my specials colleagues that BTP have a lower pass mark than most forces. what are the chances of me transferring my day 1 results to BTP? can anyone help me with this and any advice would be appreciated. rich

    • 7 replies
    • 2k views
  7. Altair
    Started by Altair,

    Welcome to the British Transport Police chat thread.

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 1.7k views
  8. theinsomniac2002
    Started by theinsomniac2002,

    I submitted an application to be a BTP Police officer in september 2009 for the North West region. In November 2009 i passed the assesment centre. Shortly afterwards I was invited to a uniform fitting and fitness test and medical which I passed. At the beggining of february this year I was also informed that I had successfully passed the vetting process although i had not been selected for the april intake. I have been told that the next one is in the summer. Is it now just a case of a frustrating wait?

  9. gent13
    Started by gent13,

    Has anyone got some insider information on when the BTP may be starting another PC recruitment drive?? I know the last time I spoke to HR last month, they said they hadn't a clue. No other mild or better suited way of putting this, but I've been Sh*fted by the MOD police, almost immediately upon receiving A/C PC application pass marks with them, when they said not only couldn't predict a likely training date with them but they wouldn't guarantee they'd keep my application indefinitely until another training date arrives. So I'm now hoping the BTP will be recruiting again sometime before my A/C pass marks expires in July 2010, so I can apply with them :-(

  10. g1083
    Started by g1083 * ,

    Does any one know when free travel commences as a new recruit? Is this whilst travel to and from Training School, everyday. Otherwise this is going be extremely expensive, for those not allowed to stay on a residential basis!?

    • 3 replies
    • 2.5k views
  11. crgrgn
    Started by crgrgn * ,

    Hi, I'm just needing as much info about the BTP as poss. I am currently a serving HO officer of 5 years. I am wanting a change and have applied for a tranfer to BTP. I have an interview very soon and am need true accounts about how good/bad the service. What type of work do the btp carry out. Will I have time to be proactive or is it mainly reactive duties. I will be working in the NE Sector. Around Yorkshire. Any info would be great, Cheers Yorkie. If you want you can PM with the info.

    • 10 replies
    • 2.5k views
  12. theinsomniac2002
    Started by theinsomniac2002,

    Hi, Anybody on here who attended the SEARCG assesment in december and the fitness and uniform fitting in december? Just wondering how everybody is doing and wanting to say HI!

    theinsomniac2002
  13. walker4812
    Started by walker4812 * ,

    hi being very green to this whole thing don't know whether this is the place for it. With today being the day it is we all think of those who have and are laying down there lives for us. I have had a great intrest in the great war for many years and am a great war researcehr and guide . a hobby which has taken me all over the world . What iam intrested to findout whether there is any police record of PC and staff who fell during the great war From the BTP . Aswell and any other forces if you have any information. if your police station or railstaion has any information on btp members.

    • 1 reply
    • 958 views
  14. Ryobi
    Started by Ryobi,

    The British Transport Police are currently recruiting for a Police Constable for the London South area of Ashford. To view the vacancy and to register or apply please follow the below link https://www.btprecruitment.com/vacancy.asp?...053F758457170FA This vacancy is only open to substantive Police Constables who have passed their two year probationary period. Applicants wishing to transfer their student officer assessment centre scores must refer to the 'New Police Officers' vacancy section. If you have any queries relating to this vacancy or the transferee/re-joiner process do not hesitate to contact a member of the BTP recruitment team on the followin email addr…

    • 0 replies
    • 698 views
  15. dog999
    Started by dog999,

    Hi all, Had my (PC) induction pack through on Sat with my start date 28th June. Just wondering who else is on this intake and anyone from B'ham New St? Also what advice is there from people who have already undertaken the initial training and are now on PDU?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.